Jon Fitch: "Meat is not a healthy source for protein."

BangWhosNxt

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

I know it's nothing new for someone to think this, but was just wondering how many fighters/athletes do you guys think have this type of mind set when it comes to their diet. I understand that if he's meeting all his macro nutrient needs adding meat to his diet probably won't benefit him to much...?

BJ does a diet blog every now and again and I always hear him saying that he's having "hamburger" etc...

Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: I don't think he talks about his believes about meat in the video, but it's in the comments to this video...

Gota respect his willpower to eat completely healthy food like that.

He is 100% correct. If you can meet all of your nutriet needs by not eating meat, then adding meat is an unhealthy option. Why eat all of the cholesterol and heart disease causing saturated fat that is found in meat if you don't have to?

He is 100% correct. If you can meet all of your nutriet needs by not eating meat, then adding meat is an unhealthy option. Why eat all of the cholesterol and heart disease causing saturated fat that is found in meat if you don't have to?

Because it tastes good

Oh no you didn't!

The guy is smart enough to know that he makes his living off his body, and his body is a machine. He only feeds the machine the best foods, and eliminates any toxins that could slow the machine down. He looks to be in great shape, and should have an easier cut. I can't wait to see him absolutely destroy B.J. Penn.

Why eat all of the cholesterol and heart disease causing saturated fat that is found in meat if you don't have to?

You're right, all animals grow up to become walking time bombs ready to kill us once we eat them! It's funny how I used to hate when I'd see a mod lock a thread and say "read the stickies". I have never sympathized with them more.

if i recall red meat is actually good for the heart but you cant eat it constantly so eat your veggies fruit meat whole grains and dairy you know the whole food pyramid bs

However, eating meat does prevent you from growing vaginas all over your body.

most meat isnt grass fed hormone free antibiotic free etc....like it should be eaten.

Assuming that because someone is an athlete that they're knowledgeable on things like nutrition and biology is not a good move.

If you like you can come to my Gym and I can introduce you to a nearly 50 year-old former fighter who has a 6-pack, has always had a 6-pack, and eats at least 4 Snickers bars a day, and will probably eat one right in front of you.

While yes there are people who it applies to that they've gone the extra route to learn things like conditioning maximization, and nutrition, it's not a blanket generality. Especially when you hear someone say what is essentially propaganda, and just plain incorrect. Them being who they are doesn't make it suddenly correct.

Aside from being wrong, why would you even listen to Jon Fitch? Dan Quinn is vastly more entertaining.

Assuming that because someone is an athlete that they're knowledgeable on things like nutrition and biology is not a good move.

If you like you can come to my Gym and I can introduce you to a nearly 50 year-old former fighter who has a 6-pack, has always had a 6-pack, and eats at least 4 Snickers bars a day, and will probably eat one right in front of you.

While yes there are people who it applies to that they've gone the extra route to learn things like conditioning maximization, and nutrition, it's not a blanket generality. Especially when you hear someone say what is essentially propaganda, and just plain incorrect. Them being who they are doesn't make it suddenly correct.

It's dangerous to think just because someone has a six pack they are as healthy, and well fed as they can be. If knowing about biology, and nutrition involves eating snickers then I'm in! :icon_twis

I think this is the first time someone used the word "blanket" in a Jon Fitch thread without it being a joke about his fighting style.

That guy needs to get in touch with Mars, Inc. He could be their Jared: "I got ripped abs on the 4 Snickers-a-Day Diet!"

I ask again - where did all these new gurus come from? Just randomly come in and post nonsense and then leave :(

This makes me REALLY hope Penn finds a way to beat him. All the guys from AKA seem like douches unfortunately, starting with King Douche Koscheck. I don't like anyone from that team.

It's dangerous to think just because someone has a six pack they are as healthy, and well fed as they can be. If knowing about biology, and nutrition involves eating snickers then I'm in! :icon_twis

Eh, he's healthy because of what he can do (and does, as he's a trainer now), his body just mobilizes blood glucose rapidly, it's not a big mystery. But he's sitting right here in the Gym office eating a thing of those wafer bars you get at the corner market (made from barely more than glued together sugar) and drinking a powerade.

So yeah, some people can excell on the Snickers and dollar-store candy nutritional plans.

so what? people know smoking cigarettes fuck you up... do people stop?

No.

even if eating too much meat or bad types of meat is known fact it is NEVER going to stop people from doing it. people don't give a shit if they die of cancer or heart attack. people love that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back