Jon Jones has a harder time at heavyweight

lol Jones would have an even easier time at HW..here's why
1.MAJOR speed advantage
2.MAJOR cardio advantage
3.MAJOR technique advantage
and that's just to name a few, Jones would have dominated that division if his coaches wasn't so pussy

I think JJ struggles against bigger guys with power in their hands who have decent take down defense. He doesnt have the power to finish these guys like dc does.
Guys who could potentially beat jones at heavyweight -

Stipe - I think jones would really struggle against him. Stipe is basically a stronger version of gus with better wrestling
Dos Santos - I know hes fallen off quiet a bit but his in and out boxing style and power would give jones trouble.
Overeem - One of the greatest strikers ever who could muscle jon around in the clinch
Alexander Volkov - An even bigger version of gus.

I think JJ destroys caine however. JJ would probably put caine on his back over and over again as he does with smaller guys and ground and pounds him out.
JJ WILL BE HW AND MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION AND LHW AND UNDEFEATED IN ALL. HES THE GOAT AND ONLY COCAINE CAN DEFEAT HIM

I don't think Rumble can make 265.

lol That may be true. He's pretty huge right now. He'd have to lose some weight. His cardio will probably suffer at HW too with all of that added muscle.

Prime cain would've destroyed Jones, even if jones took as much juice as he wanted.

Dos santos would've knocked him out too, theres no way he could've put on a pace like cain did vs JDS.

Stipe I'm not sure about. Clean jones loses most likely but juiced jones might've beat him.

There is no way that A man never lost a single fight anyone could do X, Y, Z. Brilliant. And don’t give me this crap that you think Jones didn’t look as good against this type of opponent or that type of opponent. Every great fighter had difficult and tough fights.. You can’t name me a single one that plowed through everybody with no resistance. It never happened. Ali Is the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time. He had like 10 very hard and difficult fights in his career.

Obviously a major part of Jones's effectiveness is his height and freaky reach, which would be negated more often at HW as there are more 6'3-6'6 type guys there.

DC on the other hand is used to giving up the height/reach advantage so his game is built to work around that, which is why hes more suited to HW than Jones.

Jones is the GOAT and the only HW who stands a chance is the extinct Prime Cain. No one at HW has the TDD Gus has other than maybe Blaydes, also no one at HW is as fast as Gus either so saying that since Gus gave Jones a tough fight that means all HWs will is laughably stupid.

If DC can expose the whole HW division Jones can do it better.
no he can't. Whittaker lost to wonderboy yet he is the MW champion. wonderboy gets smashed by gatekeeper weidman and most top MWs. Jones has serious issues with guys who have good TDD, Ko power and size to rival him.

No.

HW division is light years below lhw skill level. Jones has a much easier time at HW.

Bigger, slower guys will not have an advantage vs JJ in any facet beside power.
and power alone can put him to sleep. derrick lewis would KO Jones into oblivion.

Jones cannot bulk up without juice.

I think JJ struggles against bigger guys with power in their hands who have decent take down defense. He doesnt have the power to finish these guys like dc does.

Stipe - I think jones would really struggle against him. Stipe is basically a stronger version of gus with better wrestling
Dos Santos - I know hes fallen off quiet a bit but his in and out boxing style and power would give jones trouble.
Overeem - One of the greatest strikers ever who could muscle jon around in the clinch

I think JJ destroys caine however. JJ would probably put caine on his back over and over again as he does with smaller guys and ground and pounds him out.
giphy.gif

no he can't. Whittaker lost to wonderboy yet he is the MW champion. wonderboy gets smashed by gatekeeper weidman and most top MWs. Jones has serious issues with guys who have good TDD, Ko power and size to rival him.
Who has been proven to have TDD as good as Gus at HW?

It’s almost like Jon is a lanky ectomorph who walks around 220-225lbs and easily cuts to 205 with zero problem. Never missed weight or had to use a towel to make weight.

Unlike Mr. Towel man DC who killed himself to get to 205 to fight the GOATJones since Jones is the A-side of them two. DC balloons up to 250lbs+ and is considered obese by his height to weight ratio.

Jones is simply a more disciplined superior athlete who is suited for LHW, but could still absolutely contend for the HW title whenever he pleases. I mean he did KO the current HW champ...
Is Jones a Light Heavyweight? Yes.

Did Cormier cut to 205 just so he could fight Jones? No, he left Heavyweight because of Velasquez.

Using a height to weight ratio as a barometer of fitness levels is absolutely wrong; Cormier is too heavy because of his high body fat percentage.

Jones didn't fight JDS during his reign, didn't fight Velasquez during his reign, and so on and so on. Using Jones' victory over Cormier at Light Heavyweight as some form of evidence he'd reign over the Heavyweights is a false equivalency; Cormier cut a huge amount of weight, the resulting dehydration of his brain would definitely make him more susceptible to getting knocked out. Conversely, Jones landed multiple flush head kicks on a gassed out Gustafsson and didn't even buckle him. Jones relies on his reach to not get hit, which is why people who get on the inside of him (or have comparable reach) have no problems hitting Jones in the face; Jones wouldn't have that distance control at Heavyweight, which is one of the many reasons why he's remained at Light Heavyweight.

Imagine a prime HW kickboxer like Ubereem, CroCop, or even Pat Barry kicking on those chicken legs.
<6>

Jones is the GOAT and the only HW who stands a chance is the extinct Prime Cain. No one at HW has the TDD Gus has other than maybe Blaydes, also no one at HW is as fast as Gus either so saying that since Gus gave Jones a tough fight that means all HWs will is laughably stupid.

If DC can expose the whole HW division Jones can do it better.

and yet jones chooses to cut weight and not fight there. the fans have more faith in jones than jones-himself.

you forgot werdum

Wont know cos he wont go up.

lol Jones would have an even easier time at HW..here's why
1.MAJOR speed advantage
2.MAJOR cardio advantage
3.MAJOR technique advantage
and that's just to name a few, Jones would have dominated that division if his coaches wasn't so pussy
Jones is the pussy then. If he would actually want to fight at HW he’d do it. I mean, he has no problem breaking rules, so why would he listen to his coaches?

Stipe is basically a stronger version of gus with better wrestling.

Just because some fighter is a white male and a striker doesn't mean they are Gus or has his skill level.

If DC can beat the champ in heavy weight, Jones can do it 2x better. Jones > DC anytime, anywhrte @ any weight class

Who has been proven to have TDD as good as Gus at HW?
won't matter when they can just ko him though. It's not that Jones can't beat most of them. He probably could but there is always a chance to see him get caught by a Haymaker which would end his reign as an undefeated champ. jon fears that power hence he refuses to move to HW. he would lose athletic guys at HW like stipe, jds, overeem and possibly werdum if age hasn't caught up to him yet. volkov would give him serious issues. lewis could ko an elephant. Jones needs to dictate the range and HWs apart from having huge power they can also endure more punishment. It's a bad matchup for Jones unfortunately.

bader beats old or fodder HWs like mitrione. He loses to the top 8 guys in ufc.

Back