Jon Jones has a harder time at heavyweight

and power alone can put him to sleep. derrick lewis would KO Jones into oblivion.

How did Lewis do vs Mitrione? Got KO'd. How did Mitrione vs Bader go at HW? Dominance by the LHW who moved up. Jones tossed Bader around like a child. So...a bigger Jones couldn't then also just take these HW's with shit grappling technique down and clown them? Probably a lot worse than Bader and DC (both of whom Jones smashed)?

Solid logic. Other LHW's that Jones has crushed can move up and have success, but if Jones does he will get blasted. Okay...

No.

HW division is light years below lhw skill level. Jones has a much easier time at HW.

Bigger, slower guys will not have an advantage vs JJ in any facet beside power.
this...

Jon avoids hw due to ptsd from his bigger brothers whooping and making fun on his scrawny ass.

How did Lewis do vs Mitrione? Got KO'd. How did Mitrione vs Bader go at HW? Dominance by the LHW who moved up. Jones tossed Bader around like a child. So...a bigger Jones couldn't then also just take these HW's with shit grappling technique down and clown them? Probably a lot worse than Bader and DC (both of whom Jones smashed)?

Solid logic. Other LHW's that Jones has crushed can move up and have success, but if Jones does he will get blasted. Okay...
mitrione is a fodder HW. Jones strengths are negated at HW. he loses. It's that simple. bader beat shit fodder trash HWs. he ain't beating any of the top 7 in ufc. Jones juiced* and juiced hard to beat a drained DC. Can he fighr clean vs DC at HW and beat him? those shots that DC landed on Jones at HW would ko him if it were not for juicy sauces.
lewis improved alot since that fight. fighters can never Improve I guess?

mitrione is a fodder HW. Jones strengths are negated at HW. he loses. It's that simple. bader beat shit fodder trash HWs. he ain't beating any of the top 7 in ufc. Jones juiced* and juiced hard to beat a drained DC. Can he fighr clean vs DC at HW and beat him? those shots that DC landed on Jones at HW would ko him if it were not for juicy sauces.
lewis improved alot since that fight. fighters can never Improve I guess?

Uhh Lewis has made it clear that improving isn't really his thing. Swangin' and bangin' is his thing.

I'm not going to tell you that you can't have a dumb opinion. That's your right. But acting like you know what would happen if Jones moves up? Just makes you look dumb.

Yes maybe roids and dick pills totally explain his dominance. Maybe at HW he can't take the shots anymore but gains no power of his own despite being bigger. That's not a very logical way to look at it, bit it's possible.

But you making these assertions like they are so likely...dumb.

I'd like to see him at HW, wonder how he would fare.
But its possible that LHW is just the sweetspot for Bones.

Jones would juice up to 240lbs and wreck everyone's knee at HW.

Jones easily beats DC at HW. He can't out-wrestle him and he'll NEVER catch Jones with one of those shots he caught Stipe with. Jones is way too smart and way too quick for DC.

... but of course you're whole opinion is based on the premise that Jon Jones will be juicing up like always.

Apparently you don't have much faith in him doing so without being a juicehead cheater.

Exactly man.. these guys just praying and dreaming to see the GOAT get knocked off by anyone..lots of Jones haters disguised as fake DC fans because of this.

I just leave them alone with their hopes, dreams, hate, & steroid excuses and kick them when I can... <DCrying>

Are we talking about the same division where a short, old, fat, injured, slow, no power shown (in this fight), awkward DC just easily dominated the #2 HW in the world, after he just won the HW title too only 4 months before (with the only difference being he showed some power on a surprise break)? We're seriously saying Jon would have a problem in this division?

The myth that Jon would have a problem at HW only exists because people are trying to find fault anywhere they can with an otherwise flawless fighting career.

Perhaps Jones won vs. DC at LHW because DC drained himself. Brutal weight cuts tend to make fighters more susceptible to knockouts and also make them lose strength.

Yeah, cause he looked so drained and susceptible in all of his other fights at LHW.

<YeahOKJen>

He was just facing a better fighter, and rightfully lost when he could neither overcome it nor outtactic it.

All the juicing stuff aside (because it matters but gets us nowhere in this discussion) there are some logical gaps by TS here.

If DC can land clean on Jones at LHW (which he did, repeatedly) and Jones can eat them and be fine, why are we questioning Jones' ability to take punches from HW's? DC just smoked a legit HW in Stipe so obviously DC has power, right?

Is the answer that DC just carries far more power when he's bigger and fighting at HW? Okay, reasonable view. But then why would anyone assume that a bigger version of Jones wouldn't also carry more power and be able to put away these HW's?

Hmm...
Well. DC does hit hard at 205, but people that work with him say that he is a whole different animal at HW with regards to strength and power. We dont know what Jones carries up to HW and what he doesn't.

Well. DC does hit hard at 205, but people that work with him say that he is a whole different animal at HW with regards to strength and power. We dont know what Jones carries up to HW and what he doesn't.

I agree. My point is that there are a lot of people simply assuming Jones wouldn't see similar gains in power. I'm not saying I know he would, I'm saying it's very possible he would (and maybe even likely).

Uhh Lewis has made it clear that improving isn't really his thing. Swangin' and bangin' is his thing.

I'm not going to tell you that you can't have a dumb opinion. That's your right. But acting like you know what would happen if Jones moves up? Just makes you look dumb.

Yes maybe roids and dick pills totally explain his dominance. Maybe at HW he can't take the shots anymore but gains no power of his own despite being bigger. That's not a very logical way to look at it, bit it's possible.

But you making these assertions like they are so likely...dumb.
not dumb if you look at his performance vs gus. if he can beat gus I will change my opinion. I still doubt whether he does well at HW because he needs to exploit reach in order to make his style effective. won't happen at HW and he has to trade shots at some point. He is going to have serious issues with guys like miocic volkov and JDS.

lol Jones would have an even easier time at HW..here's why
1.MAJOR speed advantage
2.MAJOR cardio advantage
3.MAJOR technique advantage
and that's just to name a few, Jones would have dominated that division if his coaches wasn't so pussy

My Brother please explain to this ↓↓↓ one how experience work. Not to mention fight IQ, big fight experience, fight tricks...

There is a reason Jones has always been scared to fight at heavyweight. Yeah he has mentioned it as a possibility, but it's one thing to talk about it & another thing to be about it.

If pedsnitch could dominate hw, then he would have tried. He’d get a lot more respect for it as he would be fighting guys that don’t look 1-2 weight classes smaller. But even roided to the gills, jones hasn’t dared try hw. Sad

not dumb if you look at his performance vs gus. if he can beat gus I will change my opinion. I still doubt whether he does well at HW because he needs to exploit reach in order to make his style effective. won't happen at HW and he has to trade shots at some point. He is going to have serious issues with guys like miocic volkov and JDS.

The reality is we don't know. He might be even more of a grappling juggernaut at HW.

Or...there's the chance he looks like shit. I think it's a small chance, but it's possible.

My point is that declaring he would get smashed just sounds idiotic. The evidence we have points more toward him doing very well.

The reality is we don't know. He might be even more of a grappling juggernaut at HW.

Or...there's the chance he looks like shit. I think it's a small chance, but it's possible.

My point is that declaring he would get smashed just sounds idiotic. The evidence we have points more toward him doing very well.
maybe. we shall see. The thing is he will find it very difficult to dominate the division. He is bound to get caught at some point. That's why he chooses to stay at one. he said so in his own words. he was by the way afraid of werdum. he absolutely wanted no part of werdum. werdum called him out twice.

Wouldn’t bigger, more powerful guys with better take down defense give everyone more problems?

Jones beats anyone

maybe. we shall see. The thing is he will find it very difficult to dominate the division. He is bound to get caught at some point. That's why he chooses to stay at one. he said so in his own words. he was by the way afraid of werdum. he absolutely wanted no part of werdum. werdum called him out twice.

I never say pro fighters are afraid of anyone (unless they flat out admit it). Jones kind of shrugged Werdum off since when Wedum was saying it Jones had fights scheduled.

Honestly I don't think the UFC ever offered Jones any incentive to move up. In fact, they were worried about LHW becoming a shitpile that nobody cared about if Jones moved up. Then Jones gets suspended and it kinda did happen. Nobody cared that DC smashed Oezdemir LOL.

Had Jones moved up, you had a bunch of guys fighting to be champ when everyone knew the best 205 lb guy in the world had just left his scraps for them to fight over. DC is already being forced to vacate a belt. They aren't gonna let guys try to fight in both divisions for any length of time.

Back