Jon Jones has a harder time at heavyweight

I agree. My point is that there are a lot of people simply assuming Jones wouldn't see similar gains in power. I'm not saying I know he would, I'm saying it's very possible he would (and maybe even likely).
Yea. It would be cool to see. His speed advantage would definitely be crazy. Same for Gus

Jones really isn't a heavyweight. He doesn't carry that much extra weight.

those shots that DC landed on Jones at HW would ko him if it were not for juicy sauces

Cause DC showed such great power against Lewis eh?

DC's KOs have always been from catching people with shots they simply do not see coming, not power. He doesn't hit harder at HW, it's a myth that has developed over the years to justify why he couldn't beat Jones. He was never a power hitter at HW either.

Jones is a cheater he can fuck off away from MMA. He's a disgrace to sports just like his brothers

Cause DC showed such great power against Lewis eh?

DC's KOs have always been from catching people with shots they simply do not see coming, not power. He doesn't hit harder at HW, it's a myth that has developed over the years to justify why he couldn't beat Jones. He was never a power hitter at HW either.
he hits hard. most people get ko'd by shots they don't see coming. That's the whole point. DC ko'd miocic who has a chin.

He doesn't have the power to compete at heavyweight. It is fine; he is perfect for 205.

I think JJ struggles against bigger guys with power in their hands who have decent take down defense. He doesnt have the power to finish these guys like dc does.
Guys who could potentially beat jones at heavyweight -

Stipe - I think jones would really struggle against him. Stipe is basically a stronger version of gus with better wrestling
Dos Santos - I know hes fallen off quiet a bit but his in and out boxing style and power would give jones trouble.
Overeem - One of the greatest strikers ever who could muscle jon around in the clinch
Alexander Volkov - An even bigger version of gus.

I think JJ destroys caine however. JJ would probably put caine on his back over and over again as he does with smaller guys and ground and pounds him out.
I think I agree. I don't think his leverage will translate as well against heavier fighters, however his speed* might make up for that...
* Speed = Physical speed, not cocaine. :)

Jones beat cormuer twice. He also beat rashard Evans, TUF HEAVYWEIGHT winner. He beat jake o brien, a solid heavyweight wrestler. He beat quinton Rampage Jackson, a bug 205er & heavyweight.

Jon Jones DISMANTLED Ryan Bader, who has ran through the heavyweight tournament, with impressive wins over Mittrione and King Mo. Bader is a double champ and is Heavily favored to knock Fedora senseless with his crisp straight punches. I love Fay Door, but he will be face-Down-Ass-up and rendered non-conscious by Horsemeat Bader.

So , even a casual look at the data and available evidence reveals that Jon Jones would not only thrive at Heavyweight, but he would DOMINATE.

I dont root for Jones, but Im not going to ignore the OBVIOUS evidence that demonstrates that Jones would do well.

Tbh JJ would embarrass and ridicule the whole HW division if he were to bulk up.

Jones is incredibly talented but it has always been obvious that he has in most fights had a massive reach and size advantage over his opponents. Having reach advantage does not necessarily mean you are at an overall advantage, but Jones know how to use it and e.g. Struve don't. The only time Jones has really struggled was against Gus who is of almost similar size. I've always wanted to see Jones at HW and we likely will at some point, but I have a hard time seeing him going undefeated against fighters that are of similar size or bigger than him. Thought HW division lacks quite a lot of talent and Jones would probably completely dominate the "#2" Black Beast, but he would for sure have to be really careful against guys like Miocic, JDS, Overeem and Blaydes. DC he should still beat, "HW DC" is a myth, it's just an even fatter version of LHW DC.

I mean yeah. It is strange to me that it isn’t obvious to most fans

DC ko'd miocic who has a chin.

He KO'd him off of a break with a punch Stipe didn't anticipate, not by power. And Stipe has been dropped and stopped before, while always been too reckless of a fighter.

Of course DC hits relatively hard, everybody does when you're above 200lbs. I'm disputing he's a power hitter though. He's not. He has always gotten his KOs by technique and outmaneuvering his opponent, not power. It's a myth that he's a big power puncher at HW that was created to simply to justify why he couldn't beat Jones at LHW. He's never been a power puncher at any weight.

Certain guys i think he'd blow through because of massive skill differential in the top 10. But yeah, Jon likes to war of attrition guys. And that could be harder to do against bigger foes who are skilled. Not only in the fact of harder to wear them down as he'll have less control over the bigger man, but the damage he'll absorb will be greater too putting him at higher risk of losing.I could see a big strong guy like JDS, or Reem or who can put big damage out potentially being troublesome. If Cain were to ever fight again it'd also be a real tough challenge. Hell even a guy like Blaydes could pose problems with his massive size, and wrestling chops. N'gannou could as well if he ever pulls his head out of his ass and starts fighting confidently again, but who knows if that'll ever happen. I always personally wanted to see Jones vs Werdum. But given age, and current suspension status don't think it ever will.

That being said, not trying to just purely throw jones under the bus as I'd peg him immediately as the most talented guy in the division. But given he never had to fight with his weight, and was always cutting from 217-218 lbs to make lhw I don't get the feeling he'd be much bigger than 225, maybe 230 at hw which is on the small side of things. It's what we as fans always wanted to know how he'd do moving up. But who knows if we'll ever see it in a meaningful capacity.

Back