Jon Jones is being given too much "due process"

wish he would get out of his own way, dude should be fighting but the guy is such a nut

As long as he doesn't compete he can take his time as long as he wants. I also do not believe that USADA could get intimidated by Jon's lawyers, because they are defending the ticking timebomb that is Jon Jones. Jon may think he is a cever guy, but anything he says has "guilty" written all over it. It's funny watching him realize he just said something wrong, lol.

Do USADA proceedings require due process in the constitutional sense? I wonder. Too lazy to find out right now though.

Anyway, yeah, fuck "due process." Why would we want basic procedural safeguards where mens' livelihoods are on the line? These guys can always just retire on Reebok $$$.

Jones manager was on the Helawni show yesterday and had this to say:

"Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, made an appearance on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show on Monday and shed some light on Jones and where things currently stand with the USADA.

"I'm very confident we will have a decision on this thing by the end of this month," Kawa said. "They're pushing hard. I know everyone involved is working hard to come to a resolution. I know that the UFC is anxiously waiting and we're dealing with USADA on a daily basis. They've been really good with us as far as really investigating this thing and looking at it from a lot of different angles and stuff."

"To me this program should not try to punish guys that they know aren't trying to cheat," Kawa explained. "To them, the right thing could be he's innocent but he's still going to have suspension because he was negligent. So, you can get punished for being negligent, you can get punished for cheating. We'll see what they come up with this time.

"I'm hoping he gets cleared in the next month or so and that the opportunity to fight presents itself. If it's next year, early next year or whatever it is, I'm confident.
"

So who knows. Maybe by the end of the month?

This situation with Jones is ridiculous. It's so patently obvious what is going on. USADA have already come down with their decision, and offered him a suspension. If he chooses, he can go to arbitration -- and that's what we are waiting for. The last time Jones had arbitration it was publicised (link below), so we know he hasn't gone to arbitration yet!!

(https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11...tration-complete-decision-expected-before-nac)

Thus, the strategy becomes clear: Jon Jones' team are just delaying this in perpetuity, trying to come up with any tangential excuse they can for his positive test -- and they are hoping that USADA cave and offer him a lesser suspension, under pressure from his lawyers.

This is blatantly unfair, as the vast majority of other fighters do not have access to this much "due process". This isn't the legal system -- Jon Jones has no constitutional rights to exploit the system. USADA should close this absurd loophole and put a mandatory period of 6 months for arbitration cases, after which USADA automatically unilaterally imposes their decision.

they keep delaying it cause they know they cant find another answer other than JONJONES TOOK PEDS.

they know there getting the 4 years and there no need to rush it,.

"Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, made an appearance on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show on Monday and shed some light on Jones and where things currently stand with the USADA.

"I'm very confident we will have a decision on this thing by the end of this month," Kawa said. "They're pushing hard. I know everyone involved is working hard to come to a resolution. I know that the UFC is anxiously waiting and we're dealing with USADA on a daily basis. They've been really good with us as far as really investigating this thing and looking at it from a lot of different angles and stuff."

"To me this program should not try to punish guys that they know aren't trying to cheat," Kawa explained. "To them, the right thing could be he's innocent but he's still going to have suspension because he was negligent. So, you can get punished for being negligent, you can get punished for cheating. We'll see what they come up with this time.

"I'm hoping he gets cleared in the next month or so and that the opportunity to fight presents itself. If it's next year, early next year or whatever it is, I'm confident.
"

cleared you funny. failed is failed period. jon cant used the tainted supplememt defence cause they used that the first time.

you think they would of learned there lessen to double and triple check stuff after that but the facts are jones is a lying cheater.

More resources need to be diverted into the investigation of Brock's teeth. That is a disturbing issue if I've ever seen one.
They look like little chef hats filled with sausages.

LOL, summoning the Jon Jones defense team?

he not a jones defender he knows the facts about that he a cheater and can proved facts the normal jon im a perfect person and a saint of a man jones blind followers say.

I hope he gets the full 4 years thrown at him. His team can fart around and delay for the whole 4 years if they want.

Why does it make you so angry? If you were in Jon's shoes, or anyone else who was flagged by USADA, wouldn't you also be doing what you can in order to fight this? Sure it's a bit of a joke how long USADA takes to resolve cases, but this isn't exclusive to Jones at all.

Just let the process play out.

flagged twice cause he a cheater period.

Do USADA proceedings require due process in the constitutional sense? I wonder. Too lazy to find out right now though.

they require fairness to the athlete yes.

the ufc program kinda has its own thing as far as anti doping policy, and tribunal arrangements go.

So theres the general UFC regulations here > https://ufc.usada.org/resources/publications-policies/

there arent any UFC specified regulations as to how USADA should deal with things post positive test but prior to arbitration. its a fairly fluid process, but they will to the large degree follow the same protocol as in other sports..

https://www.usada.org/resources/publications-and-policies/

covered in things like wada standards for testing and investigations,

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/international-standard-testing-investigations.pdf ) (from p60 covers results management)

or usada's non-analytical investigation principles. While UFC isnt a wada signatory, USADA will basically follow the same routine.

but the guidelines only really demand "honest, fair, open minded" and dont put any time constraints in place (rightfully, every case is different)

"

malki basically trying to imply that usada think jones is innocent...

i wouldnt believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

they require fairness to the athlete yes.

the ufc program kinda has its own thing as far as anti doping policy, and tribunal arrangements go.

So theres the general UFC regulations here > https://ufc.usada.org/resources/publications-policies/

there arent any UFC specified regulations as to how USADA should deal with things post positive test but prior to arbitration. its a fairly fluid process, but they will to the large degree follow the same protocol as in other sports..

https://www.usada.org/resources/publications-and-policies/

covered in things like wada standards for testing and investigations,

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/international-standard-testing-investigations.pdf ) (from p60 covers results management)

or usada's non-analytical investigation principles. While UFC isnt a wada signatory, USADA will basically follow the same routine.

but the guidelines only really demand "honest, fair, open minded" and dont put any time constraints in place (rightfully, every case is different)
Seems like the short answer is probably no, then.

This situation with Jones is ridiculous. It's so patently obvious what is going on. USADA have already come down with their decision, and offered him a suspension. If he chooses, he can go to arbitration -- and that's what we are waiting for. The last time Jones had arbitration it was publicised (link below), so we know he hasn't gone to arbitration yet!!

(https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11...tration-complete-decision-expected-before-nac)

Thus, the strategy becomes clear: Jon Jones' team are just delaying this in perpetuity, trying to come up with any tangential excuse they can for his positive test -- and they are hoping that USADA cave and offer him a lesser suspension, under pressure from his lawyers.

This is blatantly unfair, as the vast majority of other fighters do not have access to this much "due process". This isn't the legal system -- Jon Jones has no constitutional rights to exploit the system. USADA should close this absurd loophole and put a mandatory period of 6 months for arbitration cases, after which USADA automatically unilaterally imposes their decision.

If they are not doing anything, how are the "putting any pressure" on USADA?
This seems to me you are just a desperate hater.

Seems like the short answer is probably no, then.

legally, usada can do what the fuck they like when they like

but.. if they did, its almost certain that wada would have issues with the way they were operating. That could lead to wada suspending their signatory status which would leave the US without a national anti doping agency, which would really fuck up all of US olympic sport.

So there is a lot for USADA and US Sport to lose if USADA dont operate with fairness, open mindedness etc as far as positive tests go.

ironically, the commissions who are expected to have some sort of legal obligation, frequently do what the fuck they like anyway

So the commissions have a legal responsibility.

USADA have moral responsibilities, but as far as law goes, it comes more to sporting law, which is dealt with by arbitration rather than in a legal sense. (so abritration hearings for athletes.,. bodies or athletes can then appeal to the court for arbitration in sport in switzerland etc)

Back