Jon Jones is proof that Calfs absolutely don't matter. I'm Proud to be part of No Calf Master Race!

Actual picture of TS
tumblr_m2hvmv0bcG1qg49goo1_500.jpg

Did they discriminately ban TS because of his small calf size?

Interesting debate, my conclusion:
Humans have weak chins, can be KO'd by those with or without calves

God damn who cut your ass about ur calves that you care about it this much

Calf density and strength is probably somewhat important. But it's all about having strong upper legs and glutes when it comes to athleticism

I also have chicken legs and it's just a genetic thing I believe.

Perhaps P4P indeed, but has nothing on Tua.

Though it's not fair with HW vs LW, I guess.

2889626.jpg
I wish I had a picture of my uncles calves they are even bigger than Tua’s, biggest calves I’ve ever seen.

Small calf muscles hate is all manlets have going for them. Tall people don't got them. Does Jordan, Lebron, Bryant have massive calves?

Calf muscles provide foot flexion which is a necessary bodily function, but not required for athletic prowess.

Tired of these, dont skip leg day kids...Probably never lifted or just started and just discovered that fitness meme.

Anyways they always attack Jon Jones calfs....trying to imply he is weak because of it.

Jon-Jones-JonnyBones-908-1.jpg

cx3kYNq.jpg

If anything, Jon Jones living proof that Calfs are the most pointless muscle known to man.

Absolutely irrelevant in the purest sport ever...MMA/Fighting...It simply has no purpose.

Anybody who is a real lifter, or knows about athletics, knows its pointless and its 80% genetic depended.....Sadly sherdog kids who just started lifting have no idea.

You kids sound pathetic typing "Don't skip Leg day"...Literally the worst Fitness meme out there...not to mention, these days, I see less people doing bench press than squats.

Video of the baddest man on the planet having to deal with this calf nonsense.

All No Calf people know that feel.

I use to be ridiculed about having no calfs and use to be self conscious...but after seeing Jones destroy you normal calf people..I know for a fact that they are pointless.

Anyways as part of No Calf Master Race like Mr.Jones...I feel proud of Jones success, and hope he keeps on being the GOAT, proving that us no calf people will easily destroy you cankle people.

He has that bowleg shape

Associated with great athletes

l2XFOyn.jpg

Also keep in mind the only reason jones “is that good” is cause he’s facing d (n below) level athletes.

Could you imagine what a guy like d wade (in pic with lebron) who’s around jones size (6’4/220) would do to him n other “elite” lhw?

There’s levels to this shit

Calves don’t matter if you’re loaded up with coke, dick pills, and unintentional t-bol.

I've got pretty big calfs and I rarely do leg day but I do a lot of kicking and walking.

I also got broad shoulders in which is mostly genetic(and maybe my diet).

Having said that my cardio is pretty shit but my stamina is good.

I think my calves help me kick harder and with dead lifting/squats.

Calf muscles provide foot flexion which is a necessary bodily function, but not required for athletic prowess.

Depends on what kind of 'athletic prowess" we're talking about, I guess.

It seems that main function of calves is indeed stability, flexing and maneuvering the feet, just like forearms support hand and fingers.

So they are probably important to ability to turn, stop, change direction when running very quickly:

CKTt-snVEAAqVhi.jpg

1396265650070_Image_galleryImage_The_calves_of_Bayern_Muni.JPG

Scanning the article I saw a lot about sprinting, nothing regarding jumping. But I appreciate the effort and do recognize the merit that the size of a given muscle may misrepresent a person's capability in a given task.
Its more to do with the height of the inserts rather than the size....so if you were lanky like Jones, it would take more muscle to make you look jacked than if you were Sean Sherk. But that's still a disadvantage when it comes to weight lifting - Sherk probably benched more than Jones because his ROM was tiny. However, the calf is not being recruited through any ROM so it nullifies that effect...

Thats why he lack of punching power, but he has very strong torso and greco roman wrestling background

Depends on what kind of 'athletic prowess" we're talking about, I guess.

It seems that main function of calves is indeed stability, flexing and maneuvering the feet, just like forearms support hand and fingers.

So they are probably important to ability to turn, stop, change direction when running very quickly:

CKTt-snVEAAqVhi.jpg

1396265650070_Image_galleryImage_The_calves_of_Bayern_Muni.JPG

“Calves” are composed of 2 main muscles

Gastrocnemius n soleus

Gastrocnemius is what most ppl refer to as “calves” n it’s the heart shape muscle just below the thigh.

It’s main function is ankle extension aka plantar flexion n with quads, hams n glutes is used in running/jumping (power muscle)

Soleus is muscle around gastrocnemius (on the sides) n it’s main purpose is stability of the ankle

Back