Jon Jones wanted to retire early

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I remember Jones saying he would retire early, how things change, after blowing all his money on hookers & coke and lawyers , suddenly he loves the sport and i have no doubt he will fight until his late 30's.

"In previous years, the dominant Jones has said that he wanted to retire from MMA early. However on the UFC 197 media call yesterday, Jones seemed to say the opposite, claiming he wanted career longevity. I asked him if and why things have changed for him.

"Yeah, things have changed," Jones responded. "My main reason for wanting career longevity is because I see that it's possible, more possible than ever because of the new lifestyle I'm living. I've been eating clean about a half a year now. I'm sober, I feel better."

Jones is so full of shit !

What's he full of shit here?

You don't believe him ? he is t eating good food?

Huh?

His tears last year were for losing out on a 10 million dollar payday.

Huh?

The reason behind , he dosen't give two shits for mma, he got broke from being inactive & hookers & coke & lawyers.

The reason behind , he dosen't give two shits for mma, he got broke from being inactive & hookers & coke & lawyers.
You don't think he gives two shits about MMA?

You really believe that?

cocaine%20help.jpg

I remember Jones saying he would retire early, how things change, after blowing all his money on hookers & coke and lawyers , suddenly he loves the sport and i have no doubt he will fight until his late 30's.

"In previous years, the dominant Jones has said that he wanted to retire from MMA early. However on the UFC 197 media call yesterday, Jones seemed to say the opposite, claiming he wanted career longevity. I asked him if and why things have changed for him.

"Yeah, things have changed," Jones responded. "My main reason for wanting career longevity is because I see that it's possible, more possible than ever because of the new lifestyle I'm living. I've been eating clean about a half a year now. I'm sober, I feel better."

Who cares?

giphy.gif

This has happened millions of times before in MMA and boxing. Roy Jones wanted to retire back in 2003... he's fought every year since.

It's such a tough, physically destructive sport, it sucks the will out of guys... then they take some time off, the wounds heal and the competitive edge comes back.

Like Silva says, IS NORMAL.

Full of shit?!
He sounds so sincere....<JonesLaugh>

Well he has basically been in retirement for years now anyway. The dude barely fights because he is always suspended for using PEDs, using cocaine and driving into pregnant women.

Well he hasn't taken any damage over the last 3 years.

I wanna see that guy fight for as long as possible (but without falling off a cliff like all the other Goats)

he also used to say he wanted to go heavyweight but now he will only fight a 'small heavyweight'

and he used to value finishing fights. he told rampage he was going to finish him and then did it. now not so much

so much for "muh goat status"

Everyone comes back, and everyone loses. Nobody gets out early. GSP will fight again. GSP will get KO'd. Jones will fight until his late 30s. He will get KO'd... The best fighters love to fight and the fight game always wins.

Huh?

Your bullshit detector should blow up any time you see Jones in an interview being "sincere" and talking about the "positive changes" he's made in his life.

Well, he lost two years of his career. So that's probably forced his plans to change.

Also, he said on JRE that he was fine as far as money went.

You seem mad about nothing.

He won't retire because he doesn't have many career options. I don't see brain surgery in his future. Scary that all 3 Jones brothers have a good chance of getting CTE.

Back