Jon Jones you are the biggest waste of talent EVER in all sports

Is Jon Jones the biggest waste of talent?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's right up there with Ricky Williams

Nah, Ricky is beyond weird, and after watching his documentary, it kinda makes sense from childhood trauma...
Plus he did return to the nfl to have a somwhat successful career, before going back into Hare Krishna mode again.

Ricky's cool, he had some demons...
Jon is mma phenom, arguably goat, who seems more or less to just find a way to fuck things up due to invincibility, insecurity, and impulse control.

He's certainly in the conversation.
I think he may very well be.

Not the biggest ever, but a huge waste of talent for sure. Really wanted to see the Gus rematch before he retired

they said he died from an unidentified heart condition...he may have done coke...but that didn't cause his death...at least from what I remember.

It was a cardiac arrhythmia induced by cocaine. Guy was a stud and would have made 10's of millions.

He's right up there with Ricky Williams
Ricky blows Jones out of the water.

Jones accomplished a lot, but could have accomplished more if he wasn't a low life. Lots of guys in every sport accomplished nothing while having amazing talent.

It might literally be the exact opposite. He's nowhere near as talented as the vast majority of people seem to think. They'd figure that out if he ever fought clean.

Lawrence Phillips, Len Bias, Josh Hamilton, Darryl Strawberry and that’s just off the top of my head in the 3 major American sports

Aaron Hernandez

But Dana (a Patriot fan) wouldn't know anything about that.

Lol Dana

And how are people gonna say Ricky Williams when he actually balled in the nfl and made enough to live his creepy life for a thousand years.

How about Len Bias

How about Jay Williams, the Duke pg who was the best pg in the country and got in a motorcycle accident before the draft and never played in the league.

You got guys like that and Dana acts like Jones being done and only getting to defend the LHW title like 8 times is on that level.

Haters think they are hating by voting Yes but they actually aren't

I believe DC is more talented that Jones. He's much older and smaller than Jon is, and has literally never been in his prime in MMA. Not to mention the PEDs.

I agree. I think Jones uses his extreme natural gifts very well. But if it comes down to who is more skilled, Cormier definitely is.

Impossible to assess his natural talent because he cheated.

He got signed by the UFC the same year he made his pro debut and won the lhw belt 2 years later as the youngest UFC champion ever.

Are we really going to question his natural talent? Ridiculous.

I don't follow basketball much, but maybe this guy should be mentioned here to. Earl Manigault. The movie "Rebound: The Legend of Earl 'The Goat' Manigault" is about him. He was on his way to become one of the NBA's very first black superstars, but ended up being a drug addict instead. Check that movie if you didn't, it's a good one.

Idiotic comment by Dana, shocker.

Do a little research TS...Len Bias comes to mind and I didn't even have to think too much or do any research. Becoming a world champ kind of refutes this debate.
But Bias didn't even get to play in the NBA done don't know how he would of been. We've seen Jones in the cage and the man was the best fighter to ever grace MMA. Jones pissed it all away by himself.

Jon Jones had no talent to begin with. His entire legacy is built upon PEDs. So how can he be a waste of talent?

Last edited:
or he wasn't that talented and his success was due to the "big help"
His fight iq was by far his greatest asset. Weve never seen that type of intelligence in the octagon.

He wasn't a mauling, punching brute like Shogun, Fedor or Vitor.

I think the benefit of juice is highly over exxagerated especially since most are likely on it

Back