Jordan Mailata - made the Eagles roster?

TankAbbott4Eva

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Maybe not thread worthy but this has created some news over here. Guy hadn't even scrimmaged American football until early this year I believe but he made the Eagles roster as an offensive tackle. He's a big fella, 6 foot 7 350 pounds or so and moves well, apparently won't play this year though.

Are these sort of project players common? I'd have thought each roster place would be very valuable, to use on one a guy that won't play this year probably must mean they think he's going to be a good player.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...ys-committed-keeping-jordan-mailata-on-roster

The dude is a straight monster and is only 21. He doesn't need to play this year, he just needs to watch and learn.

Christian Okoye was pretty raw when he came into the NFL but KC knew how to use him and he had a great career for an RB who couldn't catch anything.

The Packers kept a UDFA on the 53 man roster just to put him on IR the next day because cutting him hoping to sign him on the practice squad meant risking another team signing him.

Why did this man stop playing rugby I wonder?

He is not suited to rugby league, or rugby union, far too big. His body type his simply not suited, he is certainly a beast but he would get killed in terms of his mobility and stamina, wouldn't be worth having him on the pitch. His NRL team wanted him to trim down even more, but apparently he couldn't. He only ever played U20s, which is the equivalent to college football I guess, never at the highest level.

Hope this guy does well, it's an interesting story.

The dude is a straight monster and is only 21. He doesn't need to play this year, he just needs to watch and learn.

Christian Okoye was pretty raw when he came into the NFL but KC knew how to use him and he had a great career for an RB who couldn't catch anything.
C. Okoye was my fav in Super Tecmo Bowl. Even if I had a easy score with him I'd turn around and crush a few defenders taking chase.

Probably because he was sick of being a poor person
To be fair:
24victe.jpg

To be fair:
24victe.jpg

I mean it's not all about money anyway, there are cultural/historical reasons why people in other countries, who grow up playing other sports, are generally gonna prefer those sports...they are still wealthy comparatively, they get by anyway

But there is obviously a lot more money in USA sports generally, just a factor of population and popularity. I assume this Chris Davis guy sucks? Don't know a single thing about baseball.

I mean it's not all about money anyway, there are cultural/historical reasons why people in other countries, who grow up playing other sports, are generally gonna prefer those sports...they are still wealthy comparatively, they get by anyway

But there is obviously a lot more money in USA sports generally, just a factor of population and popularity. I assume this Chris Davis guy sucks? Don't know a single thing about baseball.
Chris Davis is, well... not good.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/davisch02.shtml

He has a negative W.A.R. for the year, has a batting average of just .177

He basically gets a hit and a half for every 10 at bats.

Okoye didn’t need to catch but would have to in today’s game. There’s a reason they called him The Nigerian Nightmare.

Its also a lot harder to be on an NBA team than an NFL team. If there was 12 players on an NFL team they'd be making a lot more too.

What would an average player have as a batting average? These numbers confuse me because I have no frame of reference lol. And what the hell is W.A.R.
Mitch Haniger is average to below average at best and is making less than Chris Davis.

His BA is .280.

The consensus best player playing the game right now, Mike Trout:

Why did this man stop playing rugby I wonder?

Its crazy that a near 350lb'er was playing rugby league in the first place. Thats a lot of mass to be carrying around even in a union game let alone league. Hes much more physically suited to the short bursts of American football - he gets all the benefits of his size and strength without the potential negative side effects to his cardio and mobility being a factor.

To be fair:
24victe.jpg

I agree in principle, but when Davis signed his deal he was coming off a pretty good season, then he went to shit. Also, the Orioles are a canchise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back