Jordan Mailata - made the Eagles roster?

I hate to admit as a Chiefs fan but Steve Atwater stole Okoye's soul.

Its crazy that a near 350lb'er was playing rugby league in the first place. Thats a lot of mass to be carrying around even in a union game let alone league. Hes much more physically suited to the short bursts of American football - he gets all the benefits of his size and strength without the potential negative side effects to his cardio and mobility being a factor.

He could maybe have gone for lock in union, he is a similar build to Will Skelton (though a fair bit heavier). But Skelton is a bit of a freak outlier as well, and he doesn't get a look in for the wallabies these days. NFL is clearly the right decision for him considering his physical tools and build.

C. Okoye was my fav in Super Tecmo Bowl. Even if I had a easy score with him I'd turn around and crush a few defenders taking chase.

We used to say he carried a VCR in his free hand and smashed fuckers in the head with it.... my friend would always play as the Chiefs and just Okoye us to death.

How many Rugby and Aussie Rules players are there now in the NFL ?

He is not suited to rugby league, or rugby union, far too big. His body type his simply not suited, he is certainly a beast but he would get killed in terms of his mobility and stamina, wouldn't be worth having him on the pitch. His NRL team wanted him to trim down even more, but apparently he couldn't. He only ever played U20s, which is the equivalent to college football I guess, never at the highest level.

Just a bit more context for our American bros (no offence) re: his size and why it was detrimental.

He was in the rugby league system. In the NRL you get X number of substitutions per game (currently at 12 I think) so you bigger players usually do 2 to 3 shifts per game since a lot of the time, they're being battering rams running in the defensive line.

On top of this, the biggest worry his size led to was actually on the defensive side. In rugby league, after a tackle, prior to the play the ball, all but 2 of the defensive team have to retreat 10 metres and set up the defensive line. What it bore down to was with his size, they thought it'd be too taxing for him to tackle, potentially do 4 shuttle runs over a minute then turn around and run backwards 40 odd metres (on the 5th tackle the offensive team usually punts for territory if they're not in a attacking position to try to score), set up and then have to run the ball up.

The guy is 6'7" 350 and not even really fat. The guy is a freak. Samoan?

Back