Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Trailer for Jordan Peele's Horror Thriller GET OUT

In Universal Pictures’ Get Out, a speculative thriller from Blumhouse and from writer-director Jordan Peele (Key and Peele), when a young African-American man visits his white girlfriend’s family estate, he becomes ensnared in a more sinister real reason for the invitation. Starring Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Catherine Keener and Bradley Whitford, Get Out opens Feb. 24, 2017.

that horror sounds a bit interesting.

I'm always up for a horror movie. I like these updates.

I don't know about this.. Luring a black man to a haunted house to turn him into a slave?

Critics Reviews for Jordan Peele's GET OUT

Rotten Tomatoes: 100% approval rating (98 out of 98 critics like it)

Average Rating: 8.2 out of 10 stars

Critics Consensus: Funny, scary, and thought-provoking, Get Out seamlessly weaves its trenchant social critiques into a brilliantly effective and entertaining horror/comedy thrill ride.

Get-Out-Daniel-Kaluuya-Dragonlord.png

Entertainment Weekly - Get Out manages to walk the tight rope between being laugh-out-loud funny and genuinely scary at times. B

Newsday - All told, this is a sharp, funny, brave movie that strikes the perfect balance between humor and horror. It's the year's first must-see. 3.5/4

Richard Roeper - [Peele] has created a work that addresses the myriad levels of racism, pays homage to some great horror films, carves out its own creative path, has a distinctive visual style - and is flat-out funny as well. 3.5/4

James Berardinelli - The praiseworthy quality of Get Out is that it delivers the goods without copycatting every cookie-cutter horror film being released today. 3/4

Rolling Stone - A jolt-a-minute horrorshow laced with racial tension and stinging satirical wit. How is one movie all that? See Get Out, from debuting director Jordan Peele (one half of the comic team of Key and Peele), and get woke. 3.5/4

NPR did a bit on this earlier today.

I wanna scope it.

Gonna go see Get Out tomorrow. I'm excited and going in there with an open mind.

Get Out looks pretty good, racist overtones and all.

I didn't know what to think when I saw the trailer. I thought it was like a fake joke movie trailer or something. But it seemed like it could be so weird and off kilter that it'd be good. It seems I was correct.

Last edited:
Some great comments on youtube too..."This movie looks like a Scared Straight for ni**as dating white bitches"

I didn't know what to think when I saw the trailer. I thought it was like a fake joke movie trailer or something. But it seemed like it could be so weird and off kilter that it'd be good. It seems I was correct.

I had the same thought, I think that was the tone it was trying to convey , you didn't know if it was a real trailer but when you found out who was involved in writing and producing you kinda got an idea of what you could be seeing.

I'm not a fan of horror movies but I think i'll make an exception for Get Out.

Can't wait to see this one, super super excited

Heard an interesting interview with Jordan Peele last night about this. He called it "social horror".

Somehow I feel like this is going to get some of the same backlash from "certain segments" that Dear White People did.

based on the the trailer this film looked like a flop I was also surprised peele wrote this, seems like I might netflix this or watch it on hbo

I thought this movie looked pretty good I want to go see it. Only thing is I felt like the trailer showed to much. Trailers need to chill the fuck out.

I'm gonna make a movie called 'White People are the Devil' just for that sweet 100% RT score.

Back