Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
You know the movie was a comedy, right? Everything you described makes it sound like you thought it would be a drama. Did you see it in a theater with other people? When I saw it, we were all laughing the whole time.

That's why I keep asking what you got from the trailer. Did you think it would be some cerebral horror movie? Did you not notice it would be obviously racial? Everyone who went into it expecting it to be a racial comedy that touched on some deeper racial themes (I think you're either not giving it enough credit or missed some things--the possession of black bodies is a rather new line of thought in modern sociology and there certainly haven't been any films that tackled it this way) seemed to think ot was good, at least. But if you went in expecting some horror film that had nothing to do with race, I could see how you'd be disappointed.

I did not know it was a comedy nor did I expect it to be. It was made to look like a psychological "horror" film. The humor didn't escape me, thought I doubt the parts intended to be funny were what I laughed at... it went over my head apparently, and that's fine. The movie just wasn't for me which I should have known.

it was alright. I saw the twist coming. I remember reading a novel with a similar premise. I thought it was by King, but ffs I couldnt find it.

I did not know it was a comedy nor did I expect it to be. It was made to look like a psychological "horror" film. The humor didn't escape me, thought I doubt the parts intended to be funny were what I laughed at... it went over my head apparently, and that's fine. The movie just wasn't for me which I should have known.

Well if you watched Dumb and Dumber expecting a period drama, I imagine you'd laugh at it more than with it. That's sort of the nature of such movies. You have to understand the tone to know how to receive different aspects of it.

It's got some dark comedy vibes, but to call it a straight up comedy movie, like you were crazy if you weren't laughing the entire way through, is a bit much. @Leagon is overselling it's comedic intent, just a tad.

It's got some dark comedy vibes, but to call it a straight up comedy movie, like you were crazy if you weren't laughing the entire way through, is a bit much. @Leagon is overselling it's comedic intent, just a tad.

That's fair. I didn't mean to sell it as a straight comedy. I just meant that if you thought it was supposed to be the same tone as a psychological thriller like Shutter Island or something, you would probably be really confused and disappointed. Someone pointed out that the TSA guy felt like a different film. Anyone who felt that way probably wasn't prepared for the film's tone.

Someone pointed out that the TSA guy felt like a different film. Anyone who felt that way probably wasn't prepared for the film's tone.

LOL, that was me. And he did feel that way. He was a straight up clown. It's like if you inserted Danny McBride's personality into a movie like "In Bruges". There's subtle dark comedy, like this movie mostly was, and then there's that guy, who's comedic banter and personality would be more at home in a straight up comedy flick. No other character in the movie acted remotely like that. That whole scene at the police station for instance, felt like sketch comedy, and didn't jive with the more serious, but *wink, wink* subtle dark comedic tone of the rest of the movie.

Obama’s Nobel peace prize called and said there’s no way they would give a movie an Oscar that didn’t deserve it.

I haven't enjoyed an American movie this much in a long time. It was surprisingly wonderful.

Brace yourself as the sherdog equivalent to SJW's will be here soon to crap on you.

That’s the movie about Starbucks, right?

You could have posted these two sentences in the several Get Out threads that already exist here

You could have posted these two sentences in the several Get Out threads that already exist here
How do you find these threads? When I tried to do that on the Sherdog forum search engine the results were not chronological. If they had been I would have seen the threads right away on the top, but I didn't want to scroll through page after page

It's good but the right wing nutjobs will be here shortly talking about how it is a SJW, liberal show.

Brace yourself, TS.

I wasn't bothered about watching this, but I just googled it and realized Daniel Kaluuya plays the lead. I will definitely watch it in the next few days. Dude's a promising young actor.

How do you find these threads? When I tried to do that on the Sherdog forum search engine the results were not chronological. If they had been I would have seen the threads right away on the top, but I didn't want to scroll through page after page

"Get out"

*Thread Titles only*

Search.

I wasn't bothered about watching this, but I just googled it and realized Daniel Kaluuya plays the lead. I will definitely watch it in the next few days. Dude's a promising young actor.
Superb performance in that movie. He drew me right in so that it almost felt that I was there living it somehow. I thought I would have nightmares for sure.

0cd7028545c881fbdc2e447b81937355.gif

Solid movie for sure. It's best enjoyed when you don't over politicise it.

Superb performance in that movie. He drew me right in so that it almost felt that I was there living it somehow. I thought I would have nightmares for sure.

He was great in Black Mirror and Psychoville, and actually wrote an hour long episode of the primetime drama, Skins, aged just 17.

I take it he has an American accent in Get Out?

Back