Jorge Linares vs Abner Cotto Sept.29th Golden Boy California

Abner gonna get wrecked.

Jabbed to death at the very least ;)

this is a bad move for linares. He'll beat Cotto, but anybody at 140 with power will probably hurt him bad.

Abner Cotto is into CTE all night long,this fight only makes sense because it can make some bucks due the shadow due Abner Being Cotto's cousing...but goddamn this is gonna be ugly

btw gonna watch anyway lel

Facebook watch? I feel so out of touch with all these weird ways to watch boxing now.

Yeah do I need to reactivate my FB for this? Where is it, on the golden boy page?

Was out and missed this. Was it worth a watch?

this is a bad move for linares. He'll beat Cotto, but anybody at 140 with power will probably hurt him bad.
Meh, there's not a lot going on in that division right now. I think Linares vs Prograis could be an interesting fight.

Facebook watch? I feel so out of touch with all these weird ways to watch boxing now.
yea, it is strange. i cant believe that a traditional television seems to be going the way of a dinosaur. it appears young people prefer to watch shit on a tiny phone than a big 60 inch hd tv

Was out and missed this. Was it worth a watch?
Not really, it ended sooner than expected, Cotto didnt look prepared at all

Prograis would kill Linares, Ramirez vs Linares would be a war with Ramirez getting the win

Hard to see Linares picking up a belt at 140

yea, it is strange. i cant believe that a traditional television seems to be going the way of a dinosaur. it appears young people prefer to watch shit on a tiny phone than a big 60 inch hd tv
You can watch a facebook feed on a big 60 inch HD television if you want.

Meh, there's not a lot going on in that division right now. I think Linares vs Prograis could be an interesting fight.
Prograis would hurt him bad.

140 lbs isn't a bad division tbh: Prograis and Taylor are both really promising fighters. Relikh, Postol and Ramirez have some skills too. I don't see Linares beating any of those guys. I don't see him beating Hooker either. He might be able to beat the Baranchyk/Yigit winner, but even then, they'll probably lose to the Taylor/Martin winner in the WBSS.

It's not really Linares skills I question, it's just that he's hittable and not that durable, with questionable stamina. That all adds up to a huge problem in a new division when you're already getting chin checked by guys in the divisions below you. I hope I'm wrong though, I like Linares.

Prograis would hurt him bad.

140 lbs isn't a bad division tbh: Prograis and Taylor are both really promising fighters. Relikh, Postol and Ramirez have some skills too. I don't see Linares beating any of those guys. I don't see him beating Hooker either. He might be able to beat the Baranchyk/Yigit winner, but even then, they'll probably lose to the Taylor/Martin winner in the WBSS.

It's not really Linares skills I question, it's just that he's hittable and not that durable, with questionable stamina. That all adds up to a huge problem in a new division when you're already getting chin checked by guys in the divisions below you. I hope I'm wrong though, I like Linares.

Meh, Prograis will beat him but Linares has been in with better and lived to talk about it.

Meh, Prograis will beat him but Linares has been in with better and lived to talk about it.

I would have to see this fight I guess. But I feel Linares could very easily beat Prograis. I have seen Prograis twice, and he looks very rudimentary to me. Despite the power, I could see Linares boxing circles around him. Of course, Linares chin is always an issue, ala Khan.

I'm not sure I agree. Lomachenko is definitely better, in a p4p sense. BUt I'd pick Prograis to beat Loma at 140. After that, who is better than Prograis? Crolla? Nah. Prograis would steam roll him IMO.

Back