Jorge Masvidal vs. Stephen Thompson Official For UFC 217 MSG (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I was hoping for Lawler vs Thompson. I guess this confirms a Woodley rematch.

He's been outclassed numerous times on the feet. Last one to do it was Lorenz Larkin
Lol at Larkin outclassing him on the feet. Masvidal stood toe to toe with that guy and if you rewatch it, you'll see that it's Masvidal with his defense on point in that fight. His head movement was impressive against a hitter like Larkin. Really close fight and most people would agree Masvidal was starting to take over toward the end. I had it round 1 and round 3 for Gamebred. If his defense is on point like during the Larkin fight I see him overwhelming Wonderboy eventually.

Lol at Larkin outclassing him on the feet. Masvidal stood toe to toe with that guy and if you rewatch it, you'll see that it's Masvidal with his defense on point in that fight. His head movement was impressive against a hitter like Larkin. Really close fight and most people would agree Masvidal was starting to take over toward the end. I had it round 1 and round 3 for Gamebred. If his defense is on point like during the Larkin fight I see him overwhelming Wonderboy eventually.
Masvidal is overrated. Larkin beats him once again in a rematch.

He's been outclassed numerous times on the feet. Last one to do it was Lorenz Larkin

That's possible, I honestly don't remember the fight but I certainly don't remember him being outclassed and a lot of people thought he won if I remember right. Then he got straight robbed against Al Iaquinta and I believe he deserved the decision against Bendo but def not a robbery. I'm guessing Khabilov didn't out strike him and Melendez either. Maybe Daley did.

I think Masvidal is going to beat Wonderboy's ass.

Y'all just wait until Masvidal walks through Wonderbread. I'm trying to see Masvidal x Woodley

Masvidal has the boxing and footwork to really wreck Wonderboy's shit.

Did y'all forget about Woodley nearly finishing him like 6 times?

This fight has Jorge Masvidal cruising to a close decision but then blowing it late in the 3rd by getting dropped with a kick all over it.

Since he beat Woodley in his last fight even though he was robbed, yes.

I happen to agree that he was robbed in that awful bout, so you've convinced me I need to rephrase my point. Whatever Thompson deserves, don't we viewers deserve better fights?

I think I remember Chiesa clobbering him with a big shot that knocked him down, too

I think Jorge is a really impressive talent, but I just wish he'd pull the trigger more often.

I got wonderboy by decision
For the record, I don't think his chin is an issue. I think he just goes for it a little too wildly when he's down in a round or a fight.

LOL good luck. Noone's been able to KO Gamebred.

But we see how Thompson's punching game is limited.

True he
LOL good luck. Noone's been able to KO Gamebred.

But we see how Thompson's punching game is limited.

I hope to win 50 million dollars on lottery ticket, doesn't mean I think it will happen.

Good match-up. These guys will bang. Already pumped!!!

I can't help but feel like this is a bad matchup for Masvidal on the feet. If he gets it on the ground maybe it will be a different outcome. Will just feel bad for Wonderboy if he wins because you know he's not getting a title shot.

This could potentially be extremely boring.

Masvidal wins a close decision.

Ok, but another way to look at it is the guy's been on the losing end of some close decision, every time it seems. Maia beat him by basically latching on to his back the entire fight, and doing zero damage and never coming close to a finish. He arguably beat Benson and Larkin, and the Iaquinta fight was a blatant robbery, so the guy could be on a 11 fight win streak depending on which judge he got that night.

Not saying he's a world beater, or that he should have won all those fights, but he's clowned a few guys, and he's fought a few top fighters and proved he can hang with pretty much anyone at LW and WW. The fans like him and he's a very technical and durable old school guy without any UFC hype or gimmick, and he's got close to 50 fights under his belt, the guy's earned it imo.

If someone who is at least a decent grappler has your back, I think it's safe to say they're pretty close to a finish as long as they have the back.

If someone who is at least a decent grappler has your back, I think it's safe to say they're pretty close to a finish as long as they have the back.
Using the same argument, Masvidal is a decent striker while Maia can't punch his way out of a wet paper bag, so Jorge is pretty close to a finish during the standup exchanges.

Back