Jose Aldo considers himself to be the biggest idol in Brazilian MMA today. Do you agree?

Don’t know. I’ve never been to Brazil

Probably. Brazilians have mostly gone extinct in MMA. A few good ones left like Renato, Paulo, and Marlon, but none of them will probably be a champion, certainly not as long as Jose did.
Are they just having a rough time or has some cultural shift happened where MMA / BJJ just aren’t the thing to do anymore?

I don’t really follow MMA anymore but I have noticed a lack of new Brazilian names from lurking here

Are they just having a rough time or has some cultural shift happened where MMA / BJJ just aren’t the thing to do anymore?

I don’t really follow MMA anymore but I have noticed a lack of new Brazilian names from lurking here

Best BJJ practitioners were Brazilian guys, mostly for exclusionary and racist reasons! Now that is not as common. In addition, MMA is a lot more evolved and I wouldn't say BJJ is less important, but it's not as crucial to success as years past.

Also, more people are competing in MMA around the world, so naturally it's going to be tougher for everyone.

Also, most of the good camps had problems. Lots of drama. They all ended up in America and are no longer training the boys in the favelas. The few brazilians that are having success are pretty much the ones that could afford to go to america with them. I.e. Guys like RDA, Marlon, and Edson are virtually American. When all your foundation sells out to America, it's hard to bring in new generations.

You could also make the claim USADA wasn't exactly the Brazilian's friend, and that may have some merit, but I would still say the others' are more important.

Last edited:
Here in Brazil nobody gives a fuck about Aldo. Unfortunately, the only idol that is loved and hated in Brazil is Neymar ..

could have a lot of reasons.

usada,soccer,volleyball,bjj pays better money now.

maybe the same thing happens in brazil as in japan: They dont care about mma anymore. At that time it was the home of MMA, but now boxing/kickboxing/holycrap... almost everything bigger than MMA.

Silva has more instagram followers than Aldo. That tells us something.

Aldo is clear number 2!

Here's number one:

No Colby Covington and The undefeated American Gangster Chael Sonnen are with all due respect to Jose Aldo

The only thing I know about Brazil is that it’s a good place to nail underage prostitutes.

Is Jose Aldo a 27 times campeão mundial? didn't think so.

I think Aldo was saying of all Brazilian fighters that are still fighting at an elite level today, he is the biggest. He wasn’t saying he’s more famous than anderson or Shogun. I would say he might be right, the only other I can think of that might be more famous is cyborg

But this interview pissed me off cause he’s once agaIn teasing going to LW. He should already be at lw.

13 seconds

only thing that drops faster is your bowel movement after eating jose aldo burger

Back