Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz? What's the best path for them to become champion again?

With max leaving fw we are gonna see both of them champs again in 2019 ! #WARGOATDOMCRUZ #WARALDO

aldo - find some new shit that doesn't show up in a test
dom - accept & show up to the fight with TJ after TJ beats cody again

dom's got a much easier path than aldo

Feed Cruz to Moraes.

I want to see that spastic awkward footwork stop after a few well placed low kicks.

Annoying as fuck to watch.

Aldo: beat Stephens, beat Ortega, hope Max moves to LW

Cruz: beat Moraes/Assuncao, repeat what he did against Dillashaw or learn some new moves to catch Cody G

Aldo would have to leave Brazil to become a champ again imo

I think Dom can angle for a fight against either fighter although I think he loses to TJ or Cody

Cruz is at most one big win away. Aldo has more work to do, especially if max is still the champion.

Cruz can if he stays healthy but Aldo will never beat Max or Ortega.

If Max leaves then Jose will snatch back that belt no problem.

Dom is gonna have a lot of issues beating Cody (if he ever gets the belt back). TJ is a slightly easier fight for him but still extremely hard.

Oddly enough, I think Cruz has a better chance of avenging his loss against Cody than he does of beating TJ again.

If Cody didn't open a cut on cruz, that fight would have been a lot different.

I think they are both done as elite fighters.

Oddly enough, I think Cruz has a better chance of avenging his loss against Cody than he does of beating TJ again.

If Cody didn't open a cut on cruz, that fight would have been a lot different.
I disagree. That cut was a just one of the many issues that lead Cruz to lose. Cody was way too fast and powerful for him. Plus his TDD gave Dom fits.

TJ vs Cruz could have been called a draw. Dom was clearly rhe stronger wrestler and was no slouch on the feet. It was razor thin.

TJ and him will always be 50/50 imo.

Last edited:
Cruz: TJ and Cody kill each other

Aldo: Go to a feeder league

Both can win again, Cruz maybe more likely cuz he can skip the line and fight tj or Cody. Aldo lost to max 2x, so as long as max is at 145 Aldo will not be champion. I still think he beats every1 else tho, including Ortega.

DJ had a close fight with Cruz back in 2011 when he was green and Cruz's knee has only gotten worse.DJ beats him now IMO.
Cruz won 50-45 on the cards if I remember. Fight wasn’t close

Aldo?

Fight at a measured pace (dont put everything in to every strike), use the skills he learned from Robert Garcia to set up his biggest weampon --- leg kicks. Get better s & c (from what I've seen he seems to do some sort of crossfit type of stuff).

Cruz - hope for brand new knees.

Imho I think they'd let Cruz cut in the line to fight for the title again if he wanted. Specially with the possible rematches against either TJ or Cody. Do you see Cruz beating TJ again? Or avenge his loss against Cody?
FriendlyFrayedAnteater.gif
855813-domick-cruz.jpg

If Max is forced to move up to LW due to weight issues, do you see Aldo becoming FW champion again? How do you see a possible match up against Ortega??
P1xV24.gif
1414123247-tumblr_ndrx26BrxN1r4c1k8o4_500.jpg

WAR CRUZ!!!

WAR ALDO!!!

Go to a regional organization.

Back