Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

He has ruined organisations with his PED usage so he better run.

That´s some Cosmo Kramer level shit right there.

I remember there being a lot of shady dealings with USADA and various boxers over the years. Generally why most of them have preferred VADA.
USADA was careless with their samples and equipment, destroyed some samples. It's no real surprise this trend is continuing with UFC. It's unfortunate that this has happened more than once because even if they get something wrong it still puts that negative thought in people's minds.
I mean I get it with Josh, he has tested positive before except for that one time he didn't.

And yet GSP wanting to use VADA vs Jhonny was seen as "proof" he was shady..

It's one thing to destroy another fighter because you were on something, but to destroy an entire organization is another matter entirely. Even though he was cleared here, I guess he knew he'd be on USADA's radar forever thanks to his past behavior. Oh well. Some decent matchups for him in Bellator, unless he wants to go back to Japan and do wrasslin again.

You guys know he was cleared of any wrongdoing right?
He was found innocent, at least in this USADA case (obviously he's cheated in the past).
The reason he doesn't TRUST them is because they were pushing for a 4 year ban, when Barnett did nothing wrong...and had to take matters into his own hands to clear his name.
Bollocks, he took a tainted supplement, with companies like informed sport offering independent testing for supplement companies and a list of tested safe to use supplements, if you get caught you could have been intending to cheat all along and waiting to use your get out of jail free card.

I love watching Barnett fight and he’s a cool guy. Drug tests haven’t been kind to him though and that’s a shame.

Can’t get over Barnett shifting all over Coutures win over Tim Sylvia saying it was this massive injustice that he got stripped when really he got booted from the UFC for testing positive for roids and denying it (later to test positive three more times).

You guys know he was cleared of any wrongdoing right?
He was found innocent, at least in this USADA case (obviously he's cheated in the past).
The reason he doesn't TRUST them is because they were pushing for a 4 year ban, when Barnett did nothing wrong...and had to take matters into his own hands to clear his name.
He wasn't cleared. They bought the tainted supplement story.

Still whether you intended to take something or didn't is still illegal and will get you suspended. But it is a midigating circumstance that will be taken into account when they are deciding the punishment.

UFC is garbage for still bringing Brock back but dont want to pay a skilled veteran like Barnett.

Lol, garbage tier opinion. Yeah, how stupid of the UFC to bring back one of their biggest draws ever who defended the UFC HW championship more than once and only ever lost to champions (Overeem, Velasquez, Mir) and release a guy who never defended the UFC HW championship, but rather was stripped of it, and lost to mediocre fighters like Browne and Rothwell.

This is why the UFC is a multi-billion dollar company that provides the highest quality MMA in the world and you're a shitposter.

USADA is a great idea on paper. But when you look at the practicality of it, taking a year or more to process fighters while benching them? Ridiculous. Barnett spends over a year fighting a BS positive (regardless of his history) and basically is forced to retire for nothing. If he goes back to the UFC and another thing happens he has to do this process all over again.

They gotta do this stuff sooner, especially in Barnett's case where he recorded everything he took carefully. Could you imagine the NFL backlogging on this stuff?

Barnett Fedor in Bellator, make it happen.

Back on the sauce and a one way ticket to Japan I suppose. Can't think of anyone that can give him a fight in Rizin though. Is Kharitonov still alive?
I'd like to see him fight Aleks Emelianenko again.

Lol, garbage tier opinion. Yeah, how stupid of the UFC to bring back one of their biggest draws ever who defended the UFC HW championship more than once and only ever lost to champions (Overeem, Velasquez, Mir) and release a guy who never defended the UFC HW championship, but rather was stripped of it, and lost to mediocre fighters like Browne and Rothwell.

This is why the UFC is a multi-billion dollar company that provides the highest quality MMA in the world and you're a shitposter.

Shut your bitch ass up. I bet you fully supported cm punk on the main card too geek.

Back