Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

I saw it mentioned in an article from the start of the year when he was venting at USADA

"In spite of that, USADA factored into his case a previous positive that upped his potential punishment to four years. Although the anti-doping agency offered him an 18-month suspension as a reduced punishment, he feels mislead and accused USADA of running a program that values punishment above the health and safety of athletes."

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ufc-josh-barnett-usada-settlement-four-year-suspension
thats what they offered him in settlement.

he chose to go to arbitration, and final penalty was a formal warning

Good riddance. King of cheaters. And that was his 4th not 3rd time being caught with something in his system he's not suppose to have.

Josh could get a title shot, he isn't that far away. HW division is weak and shallow. I'd recommend him to stay.

I'm not really interested in watching beyond their prime fighters, but it's hard to imagine the UFC giving up on a contract for someone just because they retire for a while & then come back bitching about USADA... lol... is this like some kind of kid's business class he's getting his argument from?

Which was quite a big step for Josh. Back in the day, he just claimed the athletic commission was full of shit and hes never done steroids in his life. Now he at least admits he 'accidentally' took a 'tainted supplement'.
Soon he'll want to cleanse his soul and will come out with a tell all book

How anybody can feel sorry for this no good cheat is beyond me. He should have never been allowed to fight in the UFC again in the first place.

I've already posted the stuff direct from the usada decision.

He was in his words "taking a leave of absence to focus on his post fighting career"

Usada in return "considered him a retired athlete '
Cool, didn’t see it. That’s all I was asking for. A source that actually stated that not just someone on sherdog repeating it over and over

After popping more than Juicehead Jones, I can see why he would avoid USADA like the plague.

I wouldn't trust a bunch of people who gather piss in the night either.

I'd fight elsewhere to if I was on PED's

Is there a term contract with USADA? Like the UFC could choose not to renew it If they wanted? Just wondering.

giphy.gif

Haha yeah fuck those arse holes catching me doing drugs, how dare they!!

Back