Josh Gross argues with Thomson/Mitrione over drug testing in Bellator.

They have very lax testing. Just cause a couple dudes got tested doesn't make it good testing. They are in the stone ages compared to the UFC.

If UFC tested like they do they would get ripped to shreds. But because it is Bellator nobody cares.

Well UFC did get ripped to shreds which is why they went with USADA. Its funny now to see how many media members are all like oh we dont need testing, what a joke etc when these same clowns were crying and writing articles every week about how UFC wasnt doing enough.

As for Bellator nobody really cares as long as they do some sort of testing. Its not a big story that people care about and if its not a big story then there isnt any need for them to have a more advanced setup.

Hell if UFC wasnt being primed to sell and media werent shitting on them they might not have even done the USADA testing.

I mean the fact that CC didn't honor his suspension and Bellator lets him in is a bad look but frankly I don't really care. I liked the Rizin OW tournament and it was much better having CC in it.
Yea not to mention he pissed clean in all his tests.

and if you don't support USADA you are a shitty human

Somebody disagreeing with you on a very-complex subject [whether you want to admit it or not, the use of performance-enhancing drugs is a very morally-ambiguous topic and that's why it's been so controversial-- especially when you get into things like the lengths USADA has to go to to accomplish their goal, like watching a man disrobe and get into the shower just so they don't leave your sight, and having to report your location every morning and every night to an agency just in case they want to test you] devalues their quality as a human?

Somebody disagreeing with you on a very-complex subject [whether you want to admit it or not, the use of performance-enhancing drugs is a very morally-ambiguous topic and that's why it's been so controversial-- especially when you get into things like the lengths USADA has to go to to accomplish their goal, like watching a man disrobe and get into the shower just so they don't leave your sight, and having to report your location every morning and every night to an agency just in case they want to test you] devalues their quality as a human?
USADA is a joke - they let Lesnar have special privledges so he can fight. Once that happened all the credibility went out the window. It’s on the same level as WWEs drug testing at this point

not really, you are right, but the same can be said about his post

i may be wrong, but isnt bellator's current testing what UFC testing was before usada? they essentially just adhere to the commissions.

no one is arguing that it is the gold standard, but your description of bellator testing could also be applied to the UFC, even under usada.

when you see Jed I Goodman report USADA testing, you find that only the top draws are tested on a regular basis by usada. a lot of the prelim fighters have been tested slim to none. it's not until you start climbing the ranks that they start testing more.

now i'm not saying that bellator and ufc's testing are in the same league, they are absolutely not. what i am saying is that the distribution of tests themselves are similar.

its like the pay scale with top fighters earn the lion's share. lower fighters get the minimum.

Well to be fair, the UFC was testing a lot more the fighters on the there cards and picking up the tab for the extra testing. But yes they were under the same regulations that Bellator is now. Basically leave it up to the AC to do the testing. The problem is they don't have much money to work with so usually only a few guys at best get tested on the card. UFC was making sure all main event and co-main event guys got tested and then I believe they randomly picked like another six or so guys on the card if my memory serves me correctly as this was 10 years ago or so. Then before they went with USADA I believe they were testing everyone on the cards. But a majority of the tests were happening right around the event itself. Not much random stuff unless the AC wanted to do it.

From what I understand if you are caught in BMMA, penalties are pretty stiff as far as $$$$.
Gegard has in his contract that he can have his opponent tested before any fight- and Coker repeated the heavy penalty afterwards.
The only problem is im sure Bellator fighters have found a way to get around their system of testing vs that of usada .
I like usada- it truly does make it fair playing field.

Well to be fair, the UFC was testing a lot more the fighters on the there cards and picking up the tab for the extra testing. But yes they were under the same regulations that Bellator is now. Basically leave it up to the AC to do the testing. The problem is they don't have much money to work with so usually only a few guys at best get tested on the card. UFC was making sure all main event and co-main event guys got tested and then I believe they randomly picked like another six or so guys on the card if my memory serves me correctly as this was 10 years ago or so. Then before they went with USADA I believe they were testing everyone on the cards. But a majority of the tests were happening right around the event itself. Not much random stuff unless the AC wanted to do it.

I'm guessing this is basically it. The loophole Wanderlei attempted to use with the UFC before his planned fight with Chael didn't work out under USADA, but I bet it's A-OK with the Bellator system.

completely agree and recognize that the ufc's testing is superior to bellator's, even pre usada.

i hope that bellator continues to become more professional in time.

Ben Askren is on record stating he'd only been drug tested once his entire time in bellator.

Anyone who even insinuates bellator drug testing is up to par with the UFC are out their god damn minds. It's basically an IQ test, remember that comparison everyone?, on whether or not you pass in bellator because it's left up to the commission.

Last edited:
Well UFC did get ripped to shreds which is why they went with USADA. Its funny now to see how many media members are all like oh we dont need testing, what a joke etc when these same clowns were crying and writing articles every week about how UFC wasnt doing enough.

As for Bellator nobody really cares as long as they do some sort of testing. Its not a big story that people care about and if its not a big story then there isnt any need for them to have a more advanced setup.

Hell if UFC wasnt being primed to sell and media werent shitting on them they might not have even done the USADA testing.
it doesn't make any sense that they did USADA because some media members were winning about it. I doubt they were losing viewers because of that. they just wanted to sell the ufc for a lot of money and went with the package reebok + USADA to look good and just sell. I really doubt lorenzo would have ever contracted USADA if he didn't want to sell. it just doesn't make sense and it wouldn't be a couple media members whining about it that would change his mind

Ben Askren is on record stating he'd only been drug tested once his entire time in bellator.

Anyone who even insinuates bellator drug testing is up to par with the UFC are out their god damn minds. It's basically an IQ test, remember that comparison everyone?, on whether or not you pass in bellator because it's left up to the commission.
Source?

He does Know that the UFC Let Cro cop off right?

what a retarded generalization by gross.

i honestly havent heard that guys name in years

Old school referenc go back to saving the whales.

Back