Josh "Just Blaze" Rosenthal is back to reffing UFC cards!

For those who aren't familiar, he went to prison for a year for growing and selling large amounts of marijuana.
According to MMAJunkie, it was 37 months. He was out of action for years. So happy to see him back though. He was ALWAYS my favorite ref (except for Weidman/Munoz but we'll forget that happened just like Mark has).

Good to have Josh back, by far my favorite ref

image.jpg
wot

i remember Munoz vs Weidmen, just before he went to jail... he let that fight go on too long.. i honestly think its cuz he had other shit on his mind (prison)

While some people only remember Josh's worst stoppage(Weidman/Munoz) IMO he's the best to ever do it.

He's consistent in letting fights go and has been there for pivotal moments in UFC's history. He let Lesnar/Carwin go and he saw Chael's single tap against Anderson and promptly stopped the fight where some refs might have hesitated.

For those who aren't familiar, he went to prison for a year for growing and selling large amounts of marijuana.

-edit- He also did a great job playing himself in the movie Warrior.

Also let Shogun keep fighting when he got his shit pushed in by Hendo in the third round. Most refs would have stopped it.

Right now Goddard and Herzog are up there in my opinion, but it'll be nice to have another quality ref for big fights.

They are indeed up there, although I will say Goddard and Herzog are great by-the-book, but Josh has made some pivotal judgement calls.

Also let Shogun keep fighting when he got his shit pushed in by Hendo in the third round. Most refs would have stopped it.

Ya I knew there was another big judgement call he made but I couldn't put my finger on it, that was the one!

josh "i love weedenthal" rosthelberger

While some people only remember Josh's worst stoppage(Weidman/Munoz) IMO he's the best to ever do it.

He's consistent in letting fights go and has been there for pivotal moments in UFC's history. He let Lesnar/Carwin go and he saw Chael's single tap against Anderson and promptly stopped the fight where some refs might have hesitated.

-edit- He also did a great job playing himself in the movie Warrior.

I thought I heard Rosenthal got put away for something to do with a meth lab, wow that's way different lol.

He is the best. Hardly any, if any, early stoppages.

Hahaha yes. He was a good ref

Frank Trigg is reffing?

Good to see Rosenthal back.

Mike Beltran is underrated, he's one of the best in the game.

Back