Josh Thomson did in 8 minutes what Conor couldn't do in 30.

Josh Thomson, a fighter that has never been known for his power, was able to not only stop Diaz, but get his corner to throw in the towel in under 3 rounds with strikes. Conor couldn't do this with 2 chances and over a half hour's worth of fighting. Yet we're led to believe Conor has "once in a lifetime" power. I don't get it. Conor has a strong left hand but nothing we haven't seen many times before. He's a great marketer but he's going to fall hard. And very soon...
Our names are virtually the same, yet ours views and posts-to-likes numbers are very different.

Matt Serra did to GSP what no other fighter has managed to do, Serra GOAT.

Good logic.

Mr Stockton slap don't like being on the end of closed fists from a male model.

josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

and Josh making peanuts and getting ko'd in bellator now. must be tough for him to watch daiz rake in all that cheddar

Rocky Johnson put Benson Henderson to sleep in like 30 seconds. It happens.

See my previous post.

Whichever post you're referring to doesn't change that you used a shitty example to start this thread

Again. Conor tried and couldn't land a head kick. And let's not act like Thomson's headkick wasn't set up with punches first.

Which still has nothing to do with power. So many logic fails.

Which still has nothing to do with power. So many logic fails.
Sure it does. Thomson's punches allowed him to set up his KO kick. Conor was not powerful enough to do the same. This isn't that hard to follow guys, try and keep up.

Thomson has much better kicks than Mcgregor. Diaz is a very good boxer but not a great kickboxer

Nowhere did I deny he has power (see my strong left hand comment.) I'm just contesting the "godlike" power claim that's rampant around here.

I am pretty sure that Conor has the best finishing percentage for any fighter in high-level MMA, pretty much all by KO or TKO. I wouldn't describe that as indicating godlike power, but what the hell would you call it?

I'd bet that was a less focused, less prepared, less trained, and less motivated version of Nate Diaz that JT got to fight. When he had the huge money fight with McGregor I'd guess he put a lot more time in to perform at his peak. Nate seemed to be lacking motivation around the time the Thompson fight took place.

This is not a criticism of Conor, but has he ever thrown a traditional high kick before?

Back