Josh Thomson did in 8 minutes what Conor couldn't do in 30.

Josh Thomson, a fighter that has never been known for his power, was able to not only stop Diaz, but get his corner to throw in the towel in under 3 rounds with strikes. Conor couldn't do this with 2 chances and over a half hour's worth of fighting. Yet we're led to believe Conor has "once in a lifetime" power. I don't get it. Conor has a strong left hand but nothing we haven't seen many times before. He's a great marketer but he's going to fall hard. And very soon...
Conor was able to do in 13 seconds what Mendes (2x), Frankie (2x) Korean Zombie, Ricardo Lamas, prime Urijah Faber, Mike Brown, Kenny Florian, and Cub Swanson couldn't do over the course of hours in the ring with Aldo

Feed Diaz to this guy. He has the pedigree that Diaz can't handle. Look at all the disgusting looking goofs on both corners of any Conor fight.

ufc-183-al-iaquinta-espanol_520265_OpenGraphImage.png
The water bottle has a pink head. Thats not the only pink dickhead diaz has put in his mouth. Conor had him on his knees quivering in conor\diaz ||

Josh has always been one of my favorites. His career would've been way different without all the injuries.

Thompson was one of my favourite fighters, that might have been the worse release from the UFC ever aside from shields. and i think your example is utterly stupid. Thompson never knocked out many people, even in the thick of his prime. Your logic doesn't make much sense when you cherry pick the one fight he does vs a couple of the few where Conor didn't KO his opponent.
That's kind of my point. Mcgregor fans act like dropping Nate is proof of power while no one thinks the guy who KO'd him has any power.

Thomson looked amazing in that fight, he beat Nate to death in it. and he was nearly 40 years old and hadn't won a fight in UFC since 2004 !!!!!!! until that.

I disagree. Thomson was landing enough body shots and TD attempts to have Nate leaning forward with his hands down. Which presented a good head kick opportunity.

Wait, I thought it was his hands? What do takedowns have to do with power?

Are we now denying that Conor has power?

Is this a thing?

Conor McGregor has only had 2 fights go to decision in his entire career. He has 19 wins by KO or TKO.

There are legitimate reasons to hate on Conor but he obviously hits hard, and denying that is both weird and petty.

Yea power against midgets.

You FOOL!!!

He doesn't care about falling, he is in it to make cash money and get out of the game. He doesn't give a fook about legacy or rise and fall. In episode 2 of the May-Mac, he said he got in to martial arts for self-defense and not for the aspiration of being a world champ.
And you are not a FOOL for supporting such a guy.
Very smart by u

Point taken that Josh did what Conor couldn't but you are comparing the power of head kicks with punches. Common son...

But lets not forget - it was inefficient use of energy or was it sick and antibiotics?

Nothing. You still have to land the power shot. Which Josh did and Conor didn't.
You're comparing the power of kicks versus the power of punches. And I'm actually in the process of rewatching the fight. Here, it looks like Thompson is setting the headkicks (two) up with constant leg kicks. He actually threw more leg kicks than he did any other strike. I've noticed none to the body like you're saying here.

Anyway, Conor dropped Nate multiple times with his punches. Thompson had issues landing with his hands, and did most of his damage with kicks on the outside. Conor has significantly more powerful hands. Use the entire fight next time instead of a gif.

MMA Math for Retards. Like remedial math, but only for dumb blokes who follow MMA.

Nate Diaz tried to eat Josh Thomson's foot. The rest is history.

You're comparing the power of kicks versus the power of punches. And I'm actually in the process of rewatching the fight. Here, it looks like Thompson is setting the headkicks (two) up with constant leg kicks. He actually threw more leg kicks than he did any other strike. I've noticed none to the body like you're saying here.

Anyway, Conor dropped Nate multiple times with his punches. Thompson had issues landing with his hands, and did most of his damage with kicks on the outside. Conor has significantly more powerful hands. Use the entire fight next time instead of a gif.

I didn't post any gifs...

My point is Conor fans use just dropping Nate as the pinnacle of his power when Thomson, a fighter with limited power, KO'd him.

Thompson is the better MMA fighter, so is Khabib, Ferguson, Barboza...
Khabib? He's as one-dimensional as McGregor is, but he has far fewer MMA accomplishments.

Also, I like Thomson, but I think he'd get smoked by McGregor. Ferguson is tough and versatile, and notably hittable. He'd need to get McGregor down early on or he'd get KOed, but since he might be able to get McGregor down early on, I wouldn't count him out. Barboza would be an extremely fun match up imo.

Back