Josh Thomson: Fighters were taken off PPV or cut because they dated/married women that Dana wanted.

Was this around the time she had to start fighting real fighters?
The story Tate is telling obviously took place after Rousey lost to Holm (given that Rousey was angry at PVZ for congratulating Holm on the aforementioned fight) and Tate was on Rogan's podcast in 2016.

Personally I thought it was well known Dana and Ronda always had a special relationship. At times it was blatant.

I just find that hard to believe... Even though the ring girls are aged and flat-assed... But still... Ronda Rousey???

index.php

VS
824e15532d27570dfcca48beb0fff1e3

tenor.gif

Is this why we're getting Wmma on ppv? So this hobgoblin can abuse his power? Dana will never see my money again

I just find that hard to believe... Even though the ring girls are aged and flat-assed... But still... Ronda Rousey???
UFC Fighters = Independent Contractors
Ring Card Girls = Employees

The question is, how are sexual harassment laws in the work place different between the two classifications.

Dana White may end up teaching that kickboxing cardio class after all.

no one remembers what happened with Randy's wife? lol not that Randy was ever on the prelims...but for added context

Huerta back in the day dating Arianna

So that’s why Okami and Fitch got cut! Mousasi too probably! We finally have answers.

I had a manager like this at the bank. Used to give me shit cuz the hot teller was fond of me. Either that or cuz I was always late and broke a bunch of protocol.

How hot was he?

I'm not one to suggest people don't speak the truth but Thomson could end up in court over this.

With all the stuff going on currently with respect to the metoo campaign, I would not be surprised in the slightest seeing Dana and co sue Thomson for slander.

This isn't the Fertitas any longer. WME has a large number of celebrity investors.
If Thompson has an ounce of evidence then it’s not slander and the cat would be out of the bag. Dana would be wise to ignore it until it disappears. He ain’t no Weinstein, and the ufc ain’t no Hollywood.

Wikipedia

As early as 1998, Gwyneth Paltrow said on Late Show with David Letterman that Weinstein "will coerce you to do a thing or two".[5] In 2005, Courtney Love advised young actresses in an interview, "If Harvey Weinstein invites you to a private party in the Four Seasons, don't go."[6] In 2010, an article titled "Harvey's Girls"[7] for Pajiba alluded to Weinstein's "casting couch" reputation: "Every few years, Harvey picks a new girl as his pet".[5] In 2012, a character on the TV series 30 Rock said: "I'm not afraid of anyone in show business, I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions, out of five."[5] At the 85th Academy Awardsceremony in 2013, host Seth MacFarlane joked when announcing the Best Supporting Actress nominees: "Congratulations, you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein."[5] After the allegations were published, director Quentin Tarantino said that he had known about Weinstein harassing actresses for decades, and had confronted him about it.[8]

No it didn't
It was known & brewing for over a decade

Except that the article that actually exposed him was not advertised beforehand. Hence It came out of nowhere. I dare say most people would not have been able to pick Weinstein out of a lineup before the story broke much less know about his predatory shit. Now he is more known than he has ever been.

Most non-MMA fans most likely don't know who Dana White is either. Some may have a vague idea that he is the UFC guy but that's it. They would know he is sleeping around with fighter wives. We shertards are now first hearing about shit. If a story does break, it will be perceived as "out of nowhere" for most people.

Last edited:
Curious why you think celeb investors matters in this case
Not saying you are wrong, just don't see the correlation
Celebrities have massive bullseyes in themselves and have to tip toe in an overly sensitive liberal circle. One bad affiliation can haunt them.

index.php

VS
824e15532d27570dfcca48beb0fff1e3

Ronda let herself go after the 2 losses.
But she looked like she just joined the mile high club in this pic.
CO6m92VUcAEi335.jpg

Except that the article that actually exposed him was not advertised beforehand.
If you were solely referring to the article "coming out of nowhere", then I agree with you, but I also can't think of a single news article that was ever advertised before it was released, that's not how news media works. That being said, can you see how both @FrankieNYC and I thought you were referring to the rumors of Weinstein's behavior?

UFC Fighters = Independent Contractors
Ring Card Girls = Employees

The question is, how are sexual harassment laws in the work place different between the two classifications.

He could engage the ring girls via a 3rd party contractor too.

Except that the article that actually exposed him was not advertised beforehand. Hence It came out of nowhere. I dare say most people would not have been able to pick Weinstein out of a lineup before the story broke much less know about his predatory shit.

Most non-MMA fans most likely don't know who Dana White is either. Some may have a vague idea that he is the UFC guy.

You haven't followed the Harvey thing & to think most MMA fans don't know who DW is, that is insane

Cub Swanson. I’m pretty sure Dana had a thing with Kenda Perez, and tbh, cub has been handed unfavorable matchups ever since.

Ronda let herself go after the 2 losses.
But she looked like she just joined the mile high club in this pic.
CO6m92VUcAEi335.jpg

Looks like Dana regretted joining the club.

And is Dana sponsored by Nike or something? Reebok needs to have a word with him... or not.

If you get promised a 'big break', sample the D, and don't get the 'big break', that's on you.

You don't know who is Josh Thomson????

200.gif
Isn’t he the guy that got drunk & talked shit on the diaz bros on social media & then next morning got scared of what would happen to him so he said he was hacked?

Back