Joshua vs. Parker: Showtime March 31st

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
A title unification clash between WBO champion Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs) and IBF, IBO, WBA champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) is now closer than ever to get finalized for a 2018 showdown.

Parker's promoter David Higgins of Duco has confirmed that they've received a contractual offer from Eddie Hearn, who handles Joshua, where the two sides have agreed upon the revenue split for a potential fight in the UK in March or April of 2018.

http://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-vs-parker-nears-both-sides-reach-agreement-on-split--123794

I'm having a big feeling that Joshua signs an exclusive deal with HBO and we don't see Anthony/Wilder.

Joshua likely wins but this could actually be a good fight.

No surprise, this fight was always getting made. I like Parker, but Joshua is just going to be too big and powerful for him. Maoris are hard as nails so I’d expect this to go quite a few rounds but Joshua to get a late tko

HBO have been pushing him hard lately.

Jim Lampley was talking about Joshua during The Fight Game for half of the episode while berating PBC/Showtime!

Pretty sure HBO will look into making Joshua/Fury

Last edited:
I hate to agree with Eddie Hearn, but he was right when he said the Parker team were the only ones being realistic with an AJ fight.

Wilder wanting 50-50 aint going to happen, especially when AJ would garner 80% of the revenue for the fight alone..

I hate to agree with Eddie Hearn, but he was right when he said the Parker team were the only ones being realistic with an AJ fight.

Wilder wanting 50-50 aint going to happen, especially when AJ would garner 80% of the revenue for the fight alone..

I’ve said this for a while now. Joshua is the one that has taken the tough challenges and picked up the belts (as long as he beats Parker). Wilder doesn’t deserve any more than Parker in all honesty and this will be the sticking point. Joshua doesn’t need wilder nearly as much as the other way round, so hearn holds all the cards at the table. If wilder really wants this fight then he’s the one that will have to make the compromises. This fight ain’t happening anytime soon

I’ve said this for a while now. Joshua is the one that has taken the tough challenges and picked up the belts (as long as he beats Parker). Wilder doesn’t deserve any more than Parker in all honesty and this will be the sticking point. Joshua doesn’t need wilder nearly as much as the other way round, so hearn holds all the cards at the table. If wilder really wants this fight then he’s the one that will have to make the compromises. This fight ain’t happening anytime soon

As much as it sucks this is all true.

Wilder doesn't deserve half because he hasn't fought many big names. The reason it sucks is because he did everything he reasonably could to get those big fights and they fell through because of other people doing stupid things.

He SHOULD be at the point where he could demand a 50/50 split but due to ridiculous circumstances that are not his fault he isn't and he won't be until possibly the end of 2018 if he can beat Ortiz and a couple other big names after.

Maoris are hard as nails so I’d expect this to go quite a few rounds but Joshua to get a late tko

He isn't Maori but Samoans are pretty tough as well.

I reckon JP by upset knockout I'm the 4th.

I really think that anything can happen between the top HWs at the moment, Wilder/AJ/JP/Whyte/Browne could all beat each other on their night. I do think that Fury is better than all of them though, hope he loses the fat and gets back in there.

Smart move by the AJ team. When he beats Parker by late stoppage or clear JD he'll have all the bargaining power he wants in the making of a Wilder fight.

That's a bit sad for Wilder as victories over Ortiz and Povetkin would have given him a similar status (with less belts, though). I don't know about the details but maybe Wilder's management could have gone more aggressively after Parker, giving away a good share of the split as an investment to secure a good piece of the much larger Joshua revenue. Easier said than done, of course.

(with less belts, though)
fewer.jpg

Smart move by the AJ team. When he beats Parker by late stoppage or clear JD he'll have all the bargaining power he wants in the making of a Wilder fight.

That's a bit sad for Wilder as victories over Ortiz and Povetkin would have given him a similar status (with less belts, though). I don't know about the details but maybe Wilder's management could have gone more aggressively after Parker, giving away a good share of the split as an investment to secure a good piece of the much larger Joshua revenue. Easier said than done, of course.

Not really, the biggest problem with Wilder is nobody gives a rats ass about him when he fights

Joshua is the money man of the division

Back