Joshua vs. Parker: Showtime March 31st

Not really, the biggest problem with Wilder is nobody gives a rats ass about him when he fights

Joshua is the money man of the division

Both are true. Joshua is the money man, and Wilder would get a better split if he also brought 2 major belts to the table than with his current WBC belt.

He isn't Maori but Samoans are pretty tough as well.

I reckon JP by upset knockout I'm the 4th.

Fair enough, they’re all pretty tough as you say. I’m not underestimating Parker but he has a big size difference to the other top guys in the division. He can’t be counted out but it’s a hell of a disadvantage

Smart move by the AJ team. When he beats Parker by late stoppage or clear JD he'll have all the bargaining power he wants in the making of a Wilder fight.

That's a bit sad for Wilder as victories over Ortiz and Povetkin would have given him a similar status (with less belts, though). I don't know about the details but maybe Wilder's management could have gone more aggressively after Parker, giving away a good share of the split as an investment to secure a good piece of the much larger Joshua revenue. Easier said than done, of course.

yeah I’ve been saying this but In reality who does Parker want to fight. Wilders team probably couldn’t bring enough money to the table for that to ever happen. But like you say, if it did I think wilder vs Joshua is easier to make

I hate to agree with Eddie Hearn, but he was right when he said the Parker team were the only ones being realistic with an AJ fight.

Wilder wanting 50-50 aint going to happen, especially when AJ would garner 80% of the revenue for the fight alone..
You dont start negotiations at your bottom dollar.

Wilder will get a nice share if he gets by Ortiz. One step at a time.

You dont start negotiations at your bottom dollar.

Wilder will get a nice share if he gets by Ortiz. One step at a time.

That would make for a fairer split indeed.

I've said it before, but God I hope Wilder clubs Ortiz like a baby seal.

That would make for a fairer split indeed.

I've said it before, but God I hope Wilder clubs Ortiz like a baby seal.
Ya Im hoping for a bludgeoning as well.

Back