Joshua/Wilder. Will it happen?

Boy you really put a damper on a good turn out.

Wilder’s getting himself in the spot light to get a bigger cut of, course. Thats why hes started the outspoken schtick lately, and its working. Fans are talking about him.

I'm just being realistic, while i would probably make Wilder the favourite at the moment after his latest win, 14k fans is fucking piss poor and regardless of how much people post on social media, those people dont attend fights and buy PPVs.

Wilder impressed me a lot this weekend, ive been a doubter for a long time now, but that was a legit win against a guy nobody wanted to fight, and he took care of him.

But he needs to keep calm, he might price himself out of a giant fight against Joshua if he thinks he is the main attraction in a fight between the two, he isnt and will never be

Joshua will likely try to hide behind HBO vs Showtime nonsense.

Joshua will likely try to hide behind HBO vs Showtime nonsense.

Eddie Hearn offered to promote him the other day! He just said pick up the phone and the fight can be made. One guy seems serious about unifying the belts. The other fella talks a lot. It ain’t difficult to work out who’s who. I’m bored of his nonsense. Let’s see what happens when hes at the fight in Cardiff at the end of the month.

Eddie Hearn offered to promote him the other day! He just said pick up the phone and the fight can be made. One guy seems serious about unifying the belts. The other fella talks a lot. It ain’t difficult to work out who’s who. I’m bored of his nonsense. Let’s see what happens when hes at the fight in Cardiff at the end of the month.

While i really like Wilder right now, the fact he has no promoter just harms him so much, and will also explain why he is pulling in meagre crowds for his fights

McGregor nearly got that for a fucking weigh-in

For some reason, and i get a hint of it on here as well, people seem to think that because they think Wilder is the best fighter, he automatically holds all the cards...it really doesnt work that way

IMO Wilder looks like the better fighter right now, but he holds no cards when you have 90k turning up to Joshua fights when he can only pull in 14k

I just hope the whole thing doesnt turn into a negotiation farce which we have seen before with the likes of Lewis/Bowe/Holyfield...it took too long for some of those fights to get made(and some of them didnt) and some fighters were past it when it finally got signed

Has to. Way too much money to be made. The promoters know they can’t wait either - if either guy loses then the moment has gone and the big $$$ melt away.

Hearne was throwing out the possibilty of a multi fight deal in an interview over the weekend.

If it were me - best of three for the unification.

Hearns already said that they can do a fight over here and in the states. There’s bound to be a rematch clause in this fight. It really shouldn’t be difficult to make
Lets hope so. I'm hoping it will be for the end of 2018. AJ fights Parker soon (end of month) then he can fight Miller to get states side exposure in August. Then they can make the Wilder fight happen for around November or even have it for the end of year as an extravaganza.

Of course you don’t, but you don’t reach a deal unless both parties are satisfied.

I’ve said for months that this fight depends on wilders team being realistic because hearn/Joshua hold all of the cards in the negotiations, and Joshua is still going to be selling ppvs and selling out stadiums without wilder. Shouting ‘AJs ducking me’ from the sidelines isn’t going to give him a bigger purse, and most fans know it’s pony anyway. Hopefully if/when Joshua beats Parker we can stop all the fckin nonsense and they can sit down and agree on the fight. Hearns said that he ain’t getting a 50/50 split and that the fight will likely be over here. He also said that they can do the rematch in the states and if wilder is the champ then he gets the lions share.
Were all talking about Wilder. We have been since before the Ortiz fight.

Theyve signed for Povetkin and Ortiz. They get deals done.

It will get done. People are getting pissy about literally nothing.

I'm just being realistic, while i would probably make Wilder the favourite at the moment after his latest win, 14k fans is fucking piss poor and regardless of how much people post on social media, those people dont attend fights and buy PPVs.

Wilder impressed me a lot this weekend, ive been a doubter for a long time now, but that was a legit win against a guy nobody wanted to fight, and he took care of him.

But he needs to keep calm, he might price himself out of a giant fight against Joshua if he thinks he is the main attraction in a fight between the two, he isnt and will never be
Its not realistic to expect a guy to not try and get himself a bigger pay day.

Its not realistic to expect a guy to not try and get himself a bigger pay day.
Problem is Wilder doesn't seem open to negotiation about how much he can expect. I think he's asking for too much right now and needs to take a bit less. He certainly shouldn't expect 50//50, that's just not realistic considering what they both bring to the table.

Problem is Wilder doesn't seem open to negotiation about how much he can expect. I think he's asking for too much right now and needs to take a bit less. He certainly shouldn't expect 50//50, that's just not realistic considering what they both bring to the table.

Which is why people have promoters to sort that kind of shit out, i can see another Rock Newman type thing happening with this one, with Wilder being really badly advised by someone who doesnt really know the ins and outs of boxing and it will derail this whole thing.

Which is why people have promoters to sort that kind of shit out, i can see another Rock Newman type thing happening with this one, with Wilder being really badly advised by someone who doesnt really know the ins and outs of boxing and it will derail this whole thing.
Yeah I really hope that doesn't happen in this case. Hopefully Deontays side will move a little on their split so the deal can get done.

Youre basing this on what? An interview where he says he wants 50%? What should he say, I want whatever theyre willing to give me?

No one has tried to negotiate anything. People said he wouldnt take the Povetkin fight either. Yet there he was across the pond ready to go.

Itll get done.

Youre basing this on what? An interview where he says he wants 50%? What should he say, I want whatever theyre willing to give me?

No one has tried to negotiate anything. People said he wouldnt take the Povetkin fight either. Yet there he was across the pond ready to go.

Itll get done.
So he's lying about asking for 50%? Hearn and co. also say the problem is Wilder asking for 50%, so why shouldn't we believe it. If Deontay has requested 50% to Hearn what do you think happened? Hearn would of course counter offer with his percentage. Then Deontay could say that's too low I'll take 45% or whatever but there are no reports of that happening only the same rhetoric that Wilder is spouting that he wants 50%. That isn't going to happen. It's clear the problem is Wilder.

While i really like Wilder right now, the fact he has no promoter just harms him so much, and will also explain why he is pulling in meagre crowds for his fights

McGregor nearly got that for a fucking weigh-in

For some reason, and i get a hint of it on here as well, people seem to think that because they think Wilder is the best fighter, he automatically holds all the cards...it really doesnt work that way

IMO Wilder looks like the better fighter right now, but he holds no cards when you have 90k turning up to Joshua fights when he can only pull in 14k

I just hope the whole thing doesnt turn into a negotiation farce which we have seen before with the likes of Lewis/Bowe/Holyfield...it took too long for some of those fights to get made(and some of them didnt) and some fighters were past it when it finally got signed

If it’s not their next fight I think it will be the one after, I’m fairly confident of that. Both of these guys want the fight for various reasons, and hearn is a promoter that actually delivers the fights his fighters and the fans want. Negotiations were always going to be the issue and beating Ortiz in many ways makes it harder because wilder now possibly feels that he has the better win? Hopefully good sense prevails and a rematch clause in the states with the winner of the first taking the lion share shouldn’t be too difficult to make hopefully

Look man, can't we all just pay an extra 10 bucks for this fight so it'll get done? Guys?

So he's lying about asking for 50%? Hearn and co. also say the problem is Wilder asking for 50%, so why shouldn't we believe it. If Deontay has requested 50% to Hearn what do you think happened? Hearn would of course counter offer with his percentage. Then Deontay could say that's too low I'll take 45% or whatever but there are no reports of that happening only the same rhetoric that Wilder is spouting that he wants 50%. That isn't going to happen. It's clear the problem is Wilder.
Youre seeing what you want to see because you dont like Wilder.

This happens in every single fight negotiation. Every single one. You dont start at your bottom dollar. Thats stupid and bidding against yourself.

And again, they havent even started them.

Everyone talking about this bum Miller that fight be eternal not happen. This wilder Joshua dance has been going for a year already it needs to happen next late summer fall.

Economics drives everything in boxing. With as much money this fight could make, it'll definitely happen. Everything else is just noise. Won't happen in 2018 though.

If it’s not their next fight I think it will be the one after, I’m fairly confident of that. Both of these guys want the fight for various reasons, and hearn is a promoter that actually delivers the fights his fighters and the fans want.

I like your optimism, but i recall an actual signed agreement between Bowe and Lewis being signed, and one guy decided he was the biggest thing in the world, and it all fell apart.

Heavyweight boxing is a different breed, due to the amount of money involved, it always gets way more complicated than i would like...i just wanna see people fight

Youre seeing what you want to see because you dont like Wilder.

This happens in every single fight negotiation. Every single one. You dont start at your bottom dollar. Thats stupid and bidding against yourself.

And again, they havent even started them.
It's not because I don't like Wilder, it's because I think he is the problem in this negotiation. I'm not saying he should just roll over and take a shitty deal but he's stated so many times now that he wants 50% that I'm pretty confident that he's being that stubborn in negotiations. Maybe you are right and they aren't at that stage yet but I just hope Wilder can be a bit more realistic then he seems to be being at the moment.

Back