Joshua/Wilder. Will it happen?

Economics drives everything in boxing. With as much money this fight could make, it'll definitely happen. Everything else is just noise. Won't happen in 2018 though.
I take it that was a typo and you mean 2019? I'm sort of hoping it will get done by the end of 2018.

I take it that was a typo and you mean 2019? I'm sort of hoping it will get done by the end of 2018.

No, its not happening in 2018. Eddie doesn't want it quite yet IMO. He wants to pick off a few easy paydays after this upcoming Parker fight. It'll be Parker in March, maybe Jarrell Miller in August, and somebody in Dec/Jan 2019 (maybe Dillian Whyte).

A fight like this is bound to happen eventually but I think its good if both fighters are built up more. AJ beats a couple more guys and makes some noise in the US whilst Wilder also beats a couple more guys and brings more attention to himself because AJ has that huge following in the UK. Wilder needs a bigger following in the US.

Why on earth wouldn't you want to see the two best HW's fight each other in turn of them putting on a couple of squash matches? This is like the 1980's model of pro wrestling. It makes sense financially, but sucks from a fan's perspective.

It's not because I don't like Wilder, it's because I think he is the problem in this negotiation. I'm not saying he should just roll over and take a shitty deal but he's stated so many times now that he wants 50% that I'm pretty confident that he's being that stubborn in negotiations. Maybe you are right and they aren't at that stage yet but I just hope Wilder can be a bit more realistic then he seems to be being at the moment.
The negotiation that hasnt started?

Ya, hes a real problem.

This is all a show to drum up interest, and its working. Same shit Canelo/GGG did.

Last edited:
No, its not happening in 2018. Eddie doesn't want it quite yet IMO. He wants to pick off a few easy paydays after this upcoming Parker fight. It'll be Parker in March, maybe Jarrell Miller in August, and somebody in Dec/Jan 2019 (maybe Dillian Whyte).

Whyte will be no1 with the wbc if he beats the Aussie fella so I reckon hearn will keep trying to push for him to fight wilder if they don’t fight next. I still reckon it will be this year but with Tyson Fury possibly back very soon, that may be the spanner in the works. That’s a fckin huge fight over here, much more so than the wilder fight. If he comes back and looks good then hopefully he can fight the winner of wilder/Joshua.

I like your optimism, but i recall an actual signed agreement between Bowe and Lewis being signed, and one guy decided he was the biggest thing in the world, and it all fell apart.

Heavyweight boxing is a different breed, due to the amount of money involved, it always gets way more complicated than i would like...i just wanna see people fight

I think boxing is changing, possibly because of the mma, but fans just wont accept champions not fighting each other. Maybe I’m being optimistic or even a little nieve, but I think that’s why wilder is still getting shit because people have been unimpressed with his defences (until Ortiz), no matter whether it’s his fault or not. Chris Eubank fought terrible opposition for most of his defences. I don’t think fans nowadays would accept that anymore, and rightly so

And I know people dont like hearn, but as a promoter he generally does get these fights made. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Whyte will be no1 with the wbc if he beats the Aussie fella so I reckon hearn will keep trying to push for him to fight wilder if they don’t fight next. I still reckon it will be this year but with Tyson Fury possibly back very soon, that may be the spanner in the works. That’s a fckin huge fight over here, much more so than the wilder fight. If he comes back and looks good then hopefully he can fight the winner of wilder/Joshua.

I refuse to believe that Fury is anywhere near fit enough to even consider him. He'll be a top challenger once AJ or Wilder unify all the belts, assuming his mental health is in check.

Problem is Wilder doesn't seem open to negotiation about how much he can expect. I think he's asking for too much right now and needs to take a bit less. He certainly shouldn't expect 50//50, that's just not realistic considering what they both bring to the table.

You might be drinking the Eddie Hearn kool-aid dude. There are no negotiations to speak of, so how can Wilder be asking for too much? Don't believe Eddie, like all promoters he's a lying sack of shit.

Ya, hes a real problem.

This is all a show to drum up interest, and its working. Same shit Canelo/GGG did.
Are you saying that Deontays team and AJ's team having spoken about a fight? If they've spoken it's likely that would be the primary issue to solve.

I refuse to believe that Fury is anywhere near fit enough to even consider him. He'll be a top challenger once AJ or Wilder unify all the belts, assuming his mental health is in check.

Indeed. Physical health shouldn’t be an issue as long as he’s working hard and stopped drinking, but there’s a massive ? over him mentally. How many other fighters have gone off the rails literally moments after winning the world title? And I also question his motivation.

Are you saying that Deontays team and AJ's team having spoken about a fight? If they've spoken it's likely that would be the primary issue to solve.

As far as I know everyone in Wilder's camp (including Wilder) is screaming that they want AJ next. Eddie Hearn is already dropping hints that Jarrell Miller is the next fight after Parker. Doesn't take a genius to recognize which party is stalling. The UK crowd is just eating up anything Eddie says.

Ya, hes a real problem.

It is similar to Canelo/GGG but the big problem is that they are heavyweights and even a tune up opponent can land a perfect shot and put either of these guys out. Most of the top 15 guys in the division can sleep one another with a lucky punch. Not so much at middleweight but heavyweight is a whole different world.

Hope they don't fuck around too long.

As far as I know everyone in Wilder's camp (including Wilder) is screaming that they want AJ next. Eddie Hearn is already dropping hints that Jarrell Miller is the next fight after Parker. Doesn't take a genius to recognize which party is stalling. The UK crowd is just eating up anything Eddie says.
Yes Hearn and co want to build up the fight by getting a fight in the US against a less dangerous opponent, that's well known, but that doesn't mean that Wilder isn't asking for 50%. If he is still asking for that when they come to negotiate the fight it's going to be a problem.

Why would they be screaming they want AJ next when he has a fight in 3 weeks. What if he loses? Why would Joshua/hearn open up talks for a fight with wilder 3 weeks before a HW unification fight, a fight far bigger than wilders last one!
Believe it or not Joshua’s head is on Parker, as it should be. Wilders has generally taken the path of least resistance his whole career, with Joshua offering a title fight to wlad (when he didn’t have to) within 20 fights as a pro, and actively going after the belts. It’s laughable that people are saying Joshua ducking for the above reasons and more. We all know what the sticking point will be when the negotiations start. He had every opportunity to get in the ring after the fight with wlad, but he didn’t even though he was ringside.

Wilders rants mean absolutely fck all. If anything he’s trying to position himself for a bigger cut based on him being the b side. And the rumours of Joshua fighting miller in the US next could just as easily be hearn putting forward their position if they perceive wilders team are asking too much. There doesn’t need to be a stalemate as they have lots of other options that still pay really well, and with fury coming back wilder isn’t even Joshua’s biggest fight. Everyone needs to calm down until the Joshua/Parker fight is done

Last edited:
Yes Hearn and co want to build up the fight by getting a fight in the US against a less dangerous opponent, that's well known, but that doesn't mean that Wilder isn't asking for 50%. If he is still asking for that when they come to negotiate the fight it's going to be a problem.

But Wilder is not asking for 50%, thats just Eddie Hearn double speaking, by arguing against a hypothetical 50-50 split he leaves the impression thats what Wilder is asking for. Eddie's pulling some Jedi mind tricks, its pretty impressive actually.

Why would they be screaming they want AJ next when he has a fight in 3 weeks. What if he loses? Why would Joshua/hearn open up talks for a fight with wilder 3 weeks before a HW unification fight, a fight far bigger than wilders last one!
Believe it or not Joshua’s head is on Parker, as it should be. Wilders has generally taken the path of least resistance his whole career, with Joshua offering a title fight to wlad (when he didn’t have to) within 20 fights as a pro, and actively going after the belts. It’s laughable that people are saying Joshua ducking for the above reasons and more. We all know what the sticking point will be when the negotiations start. He had every opportunity to get in the ring after the fight with wlad, but he didn’t even though he was ringside.

Wilders rants mean absolutely fck all. If anything he’s trying to position himself for a bigger cut based on him being the b side. And the rumours of Joshua fighting miller in the US next could just as easily be hearn putting forward their position if they perceive wilders team are asking too much. There doesn’t need to be a stalemate as they have lots of other options that still pay really well, and with fury coming back wilder isn’t even Joshua’s biggest fight. Everyone needs to calm down until the Joshua/Parker fight is done

You can't simply assume Wilder will ask too much if the negotiation hasn't even started. I'm no huge Wilder fan but the amount of anti-Wilder propaganda is ridiculous. I've even seen many UK fans blame Wilder for all his opponents failed drug tests. The bottom line is that Wilder's side has seemingly been more proactive (so far) in trying to make the AJ fight. That is a fact that Eddie Hearn has successfully obfuscated to the UK fans.

The amount of hypocrisy surrounding Wilder is literally comical.

Same people who complained about Golovkin not getting enough of the cut vs Canelo are complaining that Wilder is trying to get himself a bigger share when it happens.

Same people who say Wilder wont take hard fights dont care if AJ doesnt fight Wilder after Parker.

Take your blinders off. It will get done and we’ll all be happy to see a great HW fight again.

All this build up and drama is just a show to fatten their pockets when it actually happens.

You can't simply assume Wilder will ask too much if the negotiation hasn't even started. I'm no huge Wilder fan but the amount of anti-Wilder propaganda is ridiculous. I've even seen many UK fans blame Wilder for all his opponents failed drug tests. The bottom line is that Wilder's side has seemingly been more proactive (so far) in trying to make the AJ fight. That is a fact that Eddie Hearn has successfully obfuscated to the UK fans.

Seemingly meaning wilder shouting from the sidelines about how Joshua is ducking him. What has his team done? No ones done anything or can’t as Joshua has a fight for 3 titles at the end of the month.

And who cares what a bunch of Joshua casuals are posting; id expect it to be nonsense, Just like wilder fans giving their man credit for not fighting Ortiz and povetkin prior to his last fight lol. These people are fckin muppets, on both sides.

When we know who holds the 3 belts then we can hope a fight is put together. Wilder is apparently 50/50 on who wins but is still crying about Joshua. Surely he should be calling both out? In fact he could’ve fought wlad for the ibf but he didn’t. He could’ve fought Parker for the wbo, but he didn’t. Only one guy has been looking to unify, the other talking a lot! and wilders belt will likely be next on the list. If Joshua losses and wilder fights Parker I suppose he’s now ducking Joshua? See how fckin ridiculous this is. Let Joshua have his fight ffs

Anyone believe Wilder has more than a punchers chance against Joshua?

There is having a punchers chance and then therr is having enough power that a glancing shot hurts. I think Wilder will always be ugly but always has a decent shot against sub supreme boxers. I don't think Joshua is the guy who can box well enough to shut wilder out. The easiest guy,in my opinion, to beat Wilder is a slugger willing to exchange. He will have a decent chance of winning or getting flat out knocked out.

Seemingly meaning wilder shouting from the sidelines about how Joshua is ducking him. What has his team done? No ones done anything or can’t as Joshua has a fight for 3 titles at the end of the month.

And who cares what a bunch of Joshua casuals are posting; id expect it to be nonsense, Just like wilder fans giving their man credit for not fighting Ortiz and povetkin prior to his last fight lol. These people are fckin muppets, on both sides.

When we know who holds the 3 belts then we can hope a fight is put together. Wilder is apparently 50/50 on who wins but is still crying about Joshua. Surely he should be calling both out? In fact he could’ve fought wlad for the ibf but he didn’t. He could’ve fought Parker for the wbo, but he didn’t. Only one guy has been looking to unify, the other talking a lot! and wilders belt will likely be next on the list. If Joshua losses and wilder fights Parker I suppose he’s now ducking Joshua? See how fckin ridiculous this is. Let Joshua have his fight ffs

You can walk and chew gum at the same time. Canelo and GGG were negotiating before GGG even fought Danny Jacobs. From what i understand Finkle is actively trying to start negotiations with Hearn but Eddie is avoiding him like the plague. If that info is wrong then thats another thing, if its right however (i think it is), we know who's doing the stalling.

Back