JRE Mma #51 with Deontay Wilder

Why are you talking to us then?

Sherdog itself is one of the more international forums, even though it's based in the USA. It's also one of the biggest forums outside of actual social media sites.

"Most of the people on sherdog" didnt vote, only 0.04% of sherdog voted so presumably these are the boxing fans....after all this poll was posted in the boxing subforum.

For MMA. You don't come here looking to discuss boxing. This forum does not accurately represent boxing fans as a whole.

Rogan argues that it was weird nobody cared about the HW division when Wladimir Klitschko was champion, and he points out that it wasnt because of the state of boxing as there were PPV stars in lighter divisions, using Floyd, Canelo and Hopkins as examples.

Fair enough... But the world is bigger than the US. A lot of people cared about Klitschko in Europe, especially germany. I don't know whats weird about that... Makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is that Rogan is saying that to Wilder, LOL... It's not like Wilder brought back the division, he's not a star in the US.

Rogan argues that it was weird nobody cared about the HW division when Wladimir Klitschko was champion, and he points out that it wasnt because of the state of boxing as there were PPV stars in lighter divisions, using Floyd, Canelo and Hopkins as examples.

Fair enough... But the world is bigger than the US. A lot of people cared about Klitschko in Europe, especially germany. I don't know whats weird about that... Makes sense to me.

To me it makes sense that nobody cared about the HWs when Wlad was champ because and i say this as a german and wlad fan: his fighting style is boring and he doesnt sell fights with his personality either. Also there was no real good competition at that time Boxing needs competition and rivalries.

What doesn't make sense is that Rogan is saying that to Wilder, LOL... It's not like Wilder brought back the division, he's not a star in the US

Wilder is not YET a Star but the fight against Fury helped a LOT. From a fighting point of view dude should be a massive star. 41-0-1 (39 KOs) knocking people into the shadow realm, even though he fought some or maybe even mostly cans (not his fault) the people want to see KOs. I think his stock will rise with the (rightfully) growing popularity of the HW divison right now and i am happy about this too most of the times he comes across as a genuine good dude.

Wilder fans are a desperately sad bunch, you've been blowing this guys tool for years now and on the big stage he looked like a clown and got a gifted draw, I know that hurts kids but suck it up. They're even trying to re-write the rules of boxing to suit their man lol. You know that Floyd Mayweather thought Fury won, and I dare say he knows a bit more about boxing than you clowns.

For MMA. You don't come here looking to discuss boxing. This forum does not accurately represent boxing fans as a whole.
I disagree. The boxing regulars know their shit. We have guys involved in the pros that post there and people who have been fans for years and years.

No chance. He called Floyd jealous of him because Floyd said Tyson won lol

The man is delusional and I'm sure Joe will suck up to him as much as possible

No he called him jealous because there is a back history there, That casuals won't know or most fans really. Here is one example, of Floyd saying he is going to help AJ in the middle of the whole Wilder vs AJ back and forth

Another example, Wilder and AJ are in negotiations and here comes jackass Mayweather taking AJ side in terms of splits and where the fight needs to take place..

Floyd been sticking his nose in Wilders business for a while now.

No he called him jealous because their is back history there, That casuals won't know. Here is one example, of Floyd saying he is going to help AJ in the mist of the whole Wilder vs AJ back and forth

Another example, Wilder and AJ are in negotiations and here comes jackass Mayweather taking AJ side in terms of splits and where the fight needs to take place..

I've only seen 4 boxing fights live

Tyson/Holyfield II
Floyd/Oscar
Fury/Wilder
Lomachenko/Pedraza

So you're right I have no idea about the back stories ect

Deontay Wilder has a great personality and is a good representative for the sport of Boxing. Thoroughly enjoyed that podcast, just like the Tyson Fury one...

I disagree. The boxing regulars know their shit. We have guys involved in the pros that post there and people who have been fans for years and years.
I don’t know. I’m a part of both the MMA and boxing community. For starters, ask most MMA fans and they won’t know what Sherdog is. Boxing almost seems like a different world. Most boxing fans don’t even know what an online forum is. But I guess there is crossover.

Cool, thanks for posting, I will take a listen to this now..

Boxing almost seems like a different world.
Most boxing fans don’t even know what an online forum is. But I guess there is crossover.

LOL...funny.

I think the difference is that MMA fans have a pro wrasslin' mentality and don't take the sport serious. They're very good at posting memes, but overall the serious fans get overshadowed by the ones who financed Dana's six Ferraris... And figured that a 40 year old Mayweather doesn't have a chance against a Prime McGregor... In a boxing match.

LOL...funny.

I think the difference is that MMA fans have a pro wrasslin' mentality and don't take the sport serious. They're very good at posting memes, but overall the serious fans get overshadowed by the ones who financed Dana's six Ferraris... And figured that a 40 year old Mayweather doesn't have a chance against a Prime McGregor... In a boxing match.
You're acting like MMA fans have a consensus on opinions. Have you not ventured into one of their threads?

Its strange to see MMA people say Wilder lost. Man he KO'd Fury out cold. That would've been followed up with GnP in a fight. Yeah Fury outpointed him without damage, so what?

So because people watch MMA they should judge boxing by non-boxing rules? That's retarded.

We should both judge boxing and mma with 10-10 rounds instead of 10-9 rounds

Its strange to see MMA people say Wilder lost. Man he KO'd Fury out cold. That would've been followed up with GnP in a fight. Yeah Fury outpointed him without damage, so what?

Most MMA folks just want the white guy to win. It's not about sport or strategy, it's about identifying with the winner at an exceedingly shallow level.

I am curious as to whether Wilder can improve at this stage. On one hand he started very late and showed some willingness to box in a disciplined fashion against Stiverne in the first fight. On the other, he has never really had to rely on it and at this point might not mentally be able to make the switch. He did do some good body work he could have kept up, but man was he panicky going for the finish when Fury found himself against the ropes.

Man, a real fight is a passionate affair with people swinging wild punches, it's not just MMA in street clothes. Useless to compare.

Well, a real fight could also be with good calculated punches...

Back