Judge drops sexual assault/domestic abuse refugee due to "cultural incompetence"

P

Pwent

Screen-Shot-2017-10-20-at-12.41.50-PM-640x385.png

Manchester — A judge has ended efforts to reinstate a domestic-violence prosecution against Augustin Bahati, the Congolese refugee deemed culturally incompetent to stand trial earlier this year.

Circuit Court Judge Kimberly Chabot said she wouldn’t grant city prosecutors a do-over of the case and dismissed the misdemeanor charges against Bahati, 33: four counts of domestic violence and one of sexual assault.
http://www.leoaffairs.com/sexual-as...gee-new-hampshire-due-cultural-incompentence/

I hope this receives the same outrage and public pressure as when rich kids get off for "affluenza" or whatever. People need to be held responsible for their actions

Was triggered, but then realized it was not my country. Am fine.

That's a fun term. I think they finally are painting themselves a corner here, which of course everyone outside of NYC and LA knew they would. Inviting people into your country who you deem "culturally incompetent" seems like a very a short step away from admitting that "cultural enrichment" might not be the best idea. We'll see where they go from here, but they're kind of running out of ways to Harlem Globetrotter their way around the problems they've created.

cultural incompetence.

destroying the west 1 meme at a time.

Was not triggered coming in here, thinking "oh another EU cuck judge" Then read article and realized it's Manchester, NH USA...leaving incredibly triggered and shaking in my boots.

Wonder what Daddy Trump will say.

The official ruling was: different culture, hard to judge

The official ruling was: different culture, hard to judge

No, the ruling was unable to understand due process so he wasnt given legal counsel and thus the prosecution must pay for it.

"Cultural incompetence" sounds like something you'd hear in an Onion article.

No, the ruling was unable to understand due process so he wasnt given legal counsel and thus the prosecution must pay for it.

That is another way of saying the same thing

That is another way of saying the same thing

No, its the same as with retarded individuals, you dont lose your rights just because you are unable to understand them.

My guess is that the prosecution tricked the guy in some way and the judge didnt liked that.

No, its the same as with retarded individuals, you dont lose your rights just because you are unable to understand them.

My guess is that the prosecution tricked the guy in some way and the judge didnt liked that.

My joke was predicated on him being from a different culture and thus there was difficulty in processing him the in legal system. I was just making a joke Rod!

If you're culturally incompetent enough to not be held responsible for breaking the law, then it stands to reason that you are not culturally competent enough to live in that country/the West.

My joke was predicated on him being from a different culture and thus there was difficulty in processing him the in legal system. I was just making a joke Rod!

He is from Congo, one of the poorest, most backwards places on earth.

My guess is that the guy is seriously handicapped mentally.

'Different mental capacity, hard to judge'

Could be, but 'mental incompetence' would make more sense as a term than 'cultural incompetence'.

Can't say I have ever seen cultural incompetence come up as an actual thing before.

then they should say hes mentally incompetent, which is common, rather than culturally incompetent

Back