Judge drops sexual assault/domestic abuse refugee due to "cultural incompetence"

Why can't you reactionaries vet the stories you post?

The official ruling was: different culture, hard to judge

It wasn't "cultural incompetence" with regard to the crime, i.e. excusing the criminal conduct. It was cultural incompetence to sufficiently participate in his defense and stand trial.

"cultural incompetence"

Does that mean that tourists aren't going to be held accountable when they:

- Drink in public in dry countries?
- Have pre-marital sex in countries that are very religious?
- Get arrested because they did not realize that traffic laws are based upon wasta, not logic?
- Use an "obscene" gesture in a conversation/argument.
- "Insult" a citizen of the country they are visiting?

He can go be incompetent in another country.

Screen-Shot-2017-10-20-at-12.41.50-PM-640x385.png

http://www.leoaffairs.com/sexual-as...gee-new-hampshire-due-cultural-incompentence/

I hope this receives the same outrage and public pressure as when rich kids get off for "affluenza" or whatever. People need to be held responsible for their actions

I have no outrage for this or rich kids who get off easy. Hate the game, not the player.

Why can't you reactionaries vet the stories you post?

It wasn't "cultural incompetence" with regard to the crime, i.e. excusing the criminal conduct. It was cultural incompetence to sufficiently participate in his defense and stand trial.

That's why the double entendre works.

1: The memeish phrase
2: The inability to actually judge him within the legal system him due to cultural incompetence

He must be in a protected class.

Some morphed form of intersectionality. It will take someone highly educated to explain it, soon as they figure out the 71st gender I'm sure they can help the deplorable bigots out.

I love a good "OMG!" as much as anybody, but after reading that article it's clear something is going on behind the scenes that has nothing to do with the accused in question. They are writing about top attorneys quitting, mayor's comments, lack of appeals, and more.

Something is rotten in Denmark, and no one is talking.
(Local politicians/attorneys/judges are keeping something dirty quite and this case is part of the cleaning process.)

Riiiggghhhttt.

That's why you voted for a guy whose selling point was that his ignorance in the political arena was a positive.
People wanted someone who wasn’t a career politician who to roughly quote Obama: will say anything to get elected. The catch there is they would by definition not be ready to walk through the offended by everything minefield. Flip side to that is now when he does something that should be offensive nobody cares any more and the permanently offended brigade can’t get it though their head that they should save their outrage for something important like when he actually does something. This drives more people away from them or they stay home and don’t vote.

the judge is incompetent because the dementia that affects him due the extensive use of ricreative drugs in youth.

Back