Judge forced to resign after putting hands on Woman

cooks1

No matter where you go-there you are
@Gold
Reaction score
Wow. Interesting one here. Lady makes a ruckus outside a judges courtroom so the judge marches out, chases her down, and marches her back to his courtroom with his hand around her the back of her neck and plants her ass in a seat.

Michael Bachman, the now-former Hamilton County Common Pleas Court Magistrate, said he was forced to resign after the bizarre courtroom incident. He told Cincinnati ABC affiliate WCPO that he was to either “resign or be terminated.”

“I think the video speaks for itself,” Bachman told the station in his defense. “I didn’t choke her or manhandle her. I merely put my hand up to guide her to the courtroom.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...rabbing-black-woman-around-the-neck/23527227/

Not sure what to make of it. A judge should probably not be putting his hands on people though. To make matters worse, the woman was there to get a protection order. So she ended up getting manhandled while trying to avoid getting manhandled.

What say you ???

Last edited:
Yes, he probably should have kept his hand off her, but being forced to resign is way over top IMO

Yes, he probably should have kept his hand off her, but being forced to resign is way over top IMO

What do you think would have been an appropriate consequence?

Wow. Interesting one here. Lady makes a ruckus outside a judges courtroom so the judge marches out, chases her down, and marches her back to his courtroom with his hands around her neck and plants her ass in a seat.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...rabbing-black-woman-around-the-neck/23527227/

Not sure what to make of it. A judge should probably not be putting his hands on people though. To make matters worse, the woman was there to get a protection order. So she ended up getting manhandled while trying to avoid getting manhandled.

What say you ???

His hands around her neck?

Did you watch the video?

That could’ve been a stroll on a beach between two newlyweds....

Wow. Interesting one here. Lady makes a ruckus outside a judges courtroom so the judge marches out, chases her down, and marches her back to his courtroom with his hands around her neck and plants her ass in a seat.

What say you ???

I'm a little confused. Under what authority could the judge/police keep her in the jury box?

I mean, he should have left that to a bailiff and security. If "handling" someone isnt in your job description, avoid doing it at work unless life and death (even if the action is well intentioned and reasonable)

What do you think would have been an appropriate consequence?

2 weeks unpaid leave and a note in file for termination should he do such a thing again seems reasonable

But see post above for more my actual thoughts on this

He put his hand on her shoulder. It's his court. I could see a suspension, but not a termination. Sure, I guess he should have ordered the only people in the world that apparently have the right to physical reality, i.e. some idiot dep, but he just did it himself. Could see a reprimand, should not have been fired. She was being too loud.

Looks like the judge let his position go to his head. I bet he's a bit more humble today.

I mean, he should have left that to a bailiff and security.

That's how Judge Judy rolls. You don't fuck with the Byrd Man.

judge-judy.jpg

They order people to years of jail kicking and screaming.. I'm soooooo shocked he thought he had the authority to make somebody sit down for disrupting his court.

That didn't look like he put his hands around her neck at all. Just on the shoulder.
This should be some kind of fine maybe. But forced to resign over that?

She was already on her way out the door. I guess he got so irritated that he just had to go through the trouble of flexing his power to put an adult in time out for screaming. I'm not sure it required a resignation though. Two people overreacted, and one came off much worse for it.

His hands around her neck?

Did you watch the video?

That could’ve been a stroll on a beach between two newlyweds....

Not really sure I see it that way, If someone I did not know put their hands on me in that way, I would have reacted much more physically than the woman did. And I do not see the judge acting in the same physical manner with someone as or more physically imposing as him, do you?

Back