Julius Indongo vs Terence Crawford

Eh, a guy like Thurman respected Garcia's power a lot. As you say, we'll see.

Pretty sure some of you guys are talking about Mikey Garcia who just fought at 140 and some are talking about Danny Garcia instead.

Get it together people!

Very good!!!! Crawford now is the only true world champion, since he holds all the four belts.

Why is josh Taylor ranked 10 by ring magazine at 140?

Get Lipinets out of the way, and then fight Thurman or Spence... that would be something

Pretty sure some of you guys are talking about Mikey Garcia who just fought at 140 and some are talking about Danny Garcia instead.

Get it together people!

I thought this too lol very hard to follow

I seldom watch boxing and am completely ignorant about the ins and the outs of how things are handled, but once the belts are unified, isn't easier to keep them that way than to get them that way? Like whoever beats Crawford gets 4 belts and keeps it going? So why is it so rare? How do the belts split up again?
The sanctioning bodies get greedy and mandatory challengers won't wait for other mandatory challengers to get their shots.

Garcia is great but i see him at 35, against Linares and Loma, great fights.

Crawford should move to 47 and fight Thurman. Spence - Crawford is the superfight that should be built.

I don't think so. Crawford would have the size and speed but I think Garica is smarter and calmer in the ring and could out think Crawford in the fight. Crawford is no joke but I think Garica has shown to be a better overall fighter. The way he stalks into range and doesn't get hit is something else. He will stand in front of Bud and picks him apart. Sucks that we might not get to see the fight though.

Picking apart Dejan Zlaticanin or Broner is quite different from doing that Crawford. I think it's pretty clear Crawford has more tools than Mikey, he can switch stances, he's faster and more athletic, bigger and stronger, and is equally adept at boxing and brawling. Their technical skills and ring IQ are a wash, but every other advantage goes to Crawford. There's a reason TC is several spots above Mikey on most P4P lists. Also, factor in the mental edge, not only did TC beat Mikey in the amateurs, but Robert Garcia himself is on record as recently as 6 weeks ago saying that Mikey isn't quite ready for Crawford and to give it 2-3 more fights. So even team Garcia doesn't really think they beat Crawford right now, much less pick him apart. It'd be a mid to late round stoppage, Tko 8-9 Crawford.

Last edited:
Rank these fighters at WW:

Spence, Crawford, Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Peterson, Pacquiao, Horn

Thurman
Spence
Horn
Pac
Porter
Garcia
Peterson

Can't rank Crawford since he hasn't fought there but I'd pick him over all of them

Picking apart Dejan Zlaticanin or Broner is quite different from doing that Crawford. I think it's pretty clear Crawford has more tools than Mikey, he can switch stances, he's faster and more athletic, bigger and stronger, and is equally adept at boxing and brawling. Their technical skills and ring IQ are a wash, but every other advantage goes to Crawford. There's a reason TC is several spots above Mikey on most P4P lists. Also, factor in the mental edge, not only did TC beat Mikey in the amateurs, but Robert Garcia himself is on record as recently as 6 weeks ago saying that Mikey isn't quite ready for Crawford and to give it 2-3 more fights. So even team Garcia doesn't really think they beat Crawford right now, much less pick him apart. It'd be a mid to late round stoppage, Tko 8-9 Crawford.

the mental loss in AM and Robert's doubts might effect Garica and the fact he has already quit does show mental weakness but style wise I sre Mikey as being more of a solid techical fighter with little holes for TC to exploit. Mikey is too compact for Bud body work to be effect and Mikey defens3 and small head movement can nullfied and take away Bud speed advantage. TC size and power will be his best advantages but I dont him having a style that using it well enough to wear down Mikey. He would do great if he leaned and held alot to tearing someone like Mikey but he doesnt(cause he hasnt had too), he sets up traps and walks people into shots or walks them down with his hand speed.

Mikey has moved up and has shown to be smart enough to not allow his small size put him at a disadvantage. His Boxing IQ is that good and I think is better than TC.TC is always the bigger guy and hasnt really need to adjust like that until last night but even than he looked to have a bigger build. So he still using his physical gifts to get him some wins, were Mikey is smaller, slower, and less power and looking flawless. So his IQ is allowing him to overcome those challages and TC hasnt shown that.

I think Mikey small compact style will take away Bud able to switch foot too. Mikey is a little squared up and so it wont matter is shots are coming from southpaw or righty, he is gonna be in front ready to counter but he showed in the Broner fight that he can BOX off the back foot and set traps as good as any.

I know it sounds like I make Mikey out yo be better than he is but style wise I dont see alot of holes in his game. His Mental is questable and i admit that is a big part of the fight and that is a problem, so i cant say he is unbeatable.

I though Broner wiuld be able to move and stay away from Mikey but Mikey stepped it up in the 2nd rd and counered Broner at will and than by the 5th rd changed up and started making Broner walk into shots. He can change it up when he need and that I wasnt expectting from him.

Spence tops the list right now. Thurman number two. Honestly can't even rank the rest. I think Pac should retire, and Garcia beats the rest I think.

I'd rank it:
1.crawford
2.thurman
3.spence
4.porter
Gets a little murky after that.
Spence
Thurman
Crawford
Garcia
Porter
Peterson
Horn

I'm not ranking pacquiao based on his horn fight. If they actually agree to the November rematch I'll think about it.

There is no way Arum is putting bud in there with Spence, especially when Spence will likely need to move up within a year or so.

I also think TC can beat Thurman, based on style. Thurman squares up too much, and throws punches too wide. His lateral movement is not good. All of which can be exploited by someone who punches as straight and accurate as TC, let alone a south paw.

Spence tops the list right now. Thurman number two. Honestly can't even rank the rest. I think Pac should retire, and Garcia beats the rest I think.
Thurman has a better resume than Spence.

the mental loss in AM and Robert's doubts might effect Garica and the fact he has already quit does show mental weakness but style wise I sre Mikey as being more of a solid techical fighter with little holes for TC to exploit. Mikey is too compact for Bud body work to be effect and Mikey defens3 and small head movement can nullfied and take away Bud speed advantage. TC size and power will be his best advantages but I dont him having a style that using it well enough to wear down Mikey. He would do great if he leaned and held alot to tearing someone like Mikey but he doesnt(cause he hasnt had too), he sets up traps and walks people into shots or walks them down with his hand speed.

Mikey has moved up and has shown to be smart enough to not allow his small size put him at a disadvantage. His Boxing IQ is that good and I think is better than TC.TC is always the bigger guy and hasnt really need to adjust like that until last night but even than he looked to have a bigger build. So he still using his physical gifts to get him some wins, were Mikey is smaller, slower, and less power and looking flawless. So his IQ is allowing him to overcome those challages and TC hasnt shown that.

I think Mikey small compact style will take away Bud able to switch foot too. Mikey is a little squared up and so it wont matter is shots are coming from southpaw or righty, he is gonna be in front ready to counter but he showed in the Broner fight that he can BOX off the back foot and set traps as good as any.

I know it sounds like I make Mikey out yo be better than he is but style wise I dont see alot of holes in his game. His Mental is questable and i admit that is a big part of the fight and that is a problem, so i cant say he is unbeatable.

I though Broner wiuld be able to move and stay away from Mikey but Mikey stepped it up in the 2nd rd and counered Broner at will and than by the 5th rd changed up and started making Broner walk into shots. He can change it up when he need and that I wasnt expectting from him.

Crawford was smaller than Indongo and Postol, schooled them both. I think youre badly downplaying TCs IQ.

I hear what youre saying about Mikey's ring smarts and fundamentals, but Mikey won't be dictating the pace or setting traps against TC because he'll be too busy trying to defend himself. We'll see how Mikey responds when he realizes he's not the matador in there.

Last edited:
Back