Jury acquits bail agent for murdering a guy

i agree. and still not sure if they only went for murder 1, and if thats the case then the jury was correct. however, if it were a black guy it would have been "black people get screwed by the justice system again. its legal to murder minorities!." sad when you are actually glad its a white guy so that doesnt all start up again

I think it depends on the circumstances of the case. If this were the cops shooting the guy, i'm sure it would be more contentious because of the roles involved there. I'm not even sure where to look at in this clusterfuck. The lady was extremely irresponsible, the prosecutor was an idiot, the jury was any old jury, and that kid is scarred for life.

Looks like the DA made it 1st or nothing and fucked up.

Unjustified but not 1st.

Looks like she was pretending to be a cop and panic pulled the trigger. The problem is the shitty prosecution probably tanked their own case on purpose. Manslaughter charges would have easily sticked

I don't see how she's justified in shooting him. Manslaughter conviction for sure. What a bitch!

Seems a very clear difference in how this is being viewed compared to the mother daughter team who shot that guy who was fleeing after robbing their liquor store.

next dude on bail to confront this chick will probably straight blow her away. she has a rep now.

I watched the video, sound didn't work so I may not have it exact

First question, WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR TEENAGE SON THERE WITH HANDCUFFS TO ARREST THE GUY!?!?!?! Seriously. Kid pulled the cuffs out of his back pocket

If you're a middle aged woman supposed to bring in a rather large dude for a parole/bail offense or whatever it was, get the actual fucking police there as the muscle. Not your scrawny ass son. Mother put her son's life in danger from the get go. Even if the shooting had never taken place, she should be charged with child endangerment. This is not a profession conducive of a take your child to work day

watching the rest of the video, unfortunately behind the desk is mostly out of the thing's view. Guy gets all agitated when she apparently tells him she's going to arrest him and doesn't cooperate and then walks behind her desk where I guess she feared he would open her 2nd drawer there and find her loaded handgun

But, if you need a gun, YOU DO NOT KEEP IT IN A FUCKING DESK DRAWER WHERE ANYONE CAN GET TO IT!!! That gun should have been on her person at 5 o'clock or appendix. Then there's no question of was he going for a non-secured gun when he was around her desk. And there also isn't a wait 5 seconds, take 7 steps, open a drawer with your back to the threat, find it, pull it out, cock it, and then finally get off a so called self defense shot

It was 2:17 when she started going for the desk drawer. 2:22 before she fired a shot. That guy didn't go near her during that time

She's a cunt. I hope karma gets her and that her son never looks at her cold blooded killer mama the same. But the prosecution is to blame for over charging this and letting her walk
Her son is 19 years old, So he's not really a child

But yes she is a murderer

I'm guessing this was 100% the fault of the DA for prosecuting as 1st degree, correct? Seems like the DA set this up to purposely fail and let the woman walk. I can't see any reason why anybody would believe this scenario was premeditated in any manner. It was a shitty situation, which the woman created, and as the guy was leaving through a window (because she blocked the door) she shot the poor bastard.

I'm not very familiar with the authority of a bail-bondsman, but are they legally allowed to handcuff and detain people at their own will? If it was her intention to detain him why wouldn't she have a police officer on stand-by to make the arrest... even if he was a plain cloths officer?

Nah that was completely fucked up. She had to take time to reach into her desk while the guy was proceeding in the opposite direction away from her out the window. There was no justifiable cause to shoot him. Wonder if the jury would have decided the same if the shooter was a minority..

It's all in the sons eyes.

As the bitch is scrambling to get the gun from her drawer, the son is staring in the opposite direction, presumably at the guy trying to scurry out the window.

This bitch straight murdered the guy, but the prosecution should have been careful with this case. You can't see whats on video and that creates reasonable doubt.

Kind of suspicious how she had that drawer open while she was talking to him. I know she grabbed some papers out of there, but she left it open, like she was making sure she knew where the gun was, because she had an intention of using it.

Anyways, yeah, murder.

Her son is 19 years old, So he's not really a child

But yes she is a murderer

I didn’t know his age. Watching the video, he looked 15 or 16 in my opinion, probably because he wasn’t rather skinny and couldn’t see face clear with distance

well, at least its not the cops getting away with murder this time. here we have a bail agent pretty clearly just murder someone.

Prosecutors Monday released video of a Stillwater bail agent fatally shooting one of her clients last year at her office.

Chasity Dawn Carey was charged with first-degree murder after the shooting. On Friday, Payne County jurors acquitted Carey, 42, of Drumright, in the Aug. 9 shooting.

At trial, Carey testified she shot the client, Brandon James Williams, 38, of Stillwater, in self-defense. She and her 19-year-old son, Justin Henderson, were attempting to take Williams, who was free on bail, back into custody at the time.

(Story continued below...)
Carey testified Williams attempted to grab her gun before fleeing out her office window. She said she beat Williams to the gun and turned to fire just as he was going out the window. She shot Williams in the back.

i am all for the second amendment, but am definitely coming around on us needing major reforms. this woman has no business at all having one. at least not using it in the line of duty. she really needs a new line of work. it was not self defense.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5586793...m&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NIC-Facebook

Somebody doesn't understand the rights and responsibilities of bail agents. They have to make sure the person they supplied bail for makes it to court and have to bring them in if bail is revoked. As such, they have more rights than police officers to catch their clients. They can enter buildings without a warrant and don't have to knock and announce. Many bail agreements, signed by the person who bail is being provided for, allow any amount of force necessary to be used to restrain or capture a client who doesn't want to return to custody.

Watching a few seasons of Dog the Bounty Hunter didn't give me a good understanding of the US bail bondsman system. It sounds all kinds of messed up.

Somebody doesn't understand the rights and responsibilities of bail agents. They have to make sure the person they supplied bail for makes it to court and have to bring them in if bail is revoked. As such, they have more rights than police officers to catch their clients. They can enter buildings without a warrant and don't have to knock and announce. Many bail agreements, signed by the person who bail is being provided for, allow any amount of force necessary to be used to restrain or capture a client who doesn't want to return to custody.

Thanks, I asked this earlier but nobody answered. I had to look into it but you're absolutely correct that bounty hunters have more rights than the police to detain people. As I understand this it's because when someone signs the bail-out paperwork they waive their constitutional rights allowing for this practice to occur.

https://people.howstuffworks.com/bounty-hunting1.htm

No matter as this was still murder and she should have and could have handled it in a much better situation.

Back