Just got back from Atlantic City

right hand lead

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thought I’d share a story with y’all. On August 6th, one of my fighters (MMA) got offered a big fight on 10 days notice. I accepted the fight thinking it prolly wouldn’t happened.... 2 days later we get the call that it was confirmed and 3 days after that we were off to Atlantic City! My guy ended up taking his first L Thursday night and fell to 9-1 unfortunately. He fought a very high caliber guy who had 19 fights in the UFC. My guy was able to land a few jabs and managed to take no damage but ended up losing in the second round.

besides the outcome of the fight, overall it was a wonderful experience and I got to chat it up with MMA greats like Khabib Nurmagomedov, Gilbert Melendez, and Jake Shields. I also got to talk a lotta striking idea/thoughts on training with John David Jackson.

Really have no idea why I made this post but I’m guessing cause deep down I’m a tad bit sad and it’s been a long while since one of my fighters has loss and all my friends are asleep. and I’m still a lil buzzed lol. Good night y’all

Sounds like a great opportunity that couldn't be passed up. Your fighter sounds like he came out okay, so he should bounce back.

Sorry to hear your fighter lost, but what a cool opportunity. Do you have any video from the fight?

Just got back from Atlantic City

did you enjoy the hookers and cocaine?

Sorry to hear your fighter lost, but what a cool opportunity. Do you have any video from the fight?
I dont have the vid, but the prelims were streamed on facebook while the main card was on NBCSports

Just watched the fight... super tough on short notice, have your guy keep his head up! Your boy looked good on the feet at least, and avoided all those bombs!

How many pros are you working with these days?

Fighting high caliber competition on a bigger stage no doubt helped your fighter - even if it was a loss.

Just watched the fight... super tough on short notice, have your guy keep his head up! Your boy looked good on the feet at least, and avoided all those bombs!

How many pros are you working with these days?
Currently training 9 pros. 2 on a big show and I just had 1 on the contender series but didn’t get a contract

Link to the finish of the fight

Before my guy gets roasted, remember 8 days notice and stepped up a weight class

Back