Just Realized Something About Francis Ngannou

No they aren't, they're relatively short. The tallest people come from the Nordic countries and the Netherlands. They average over 180cm or 5'11" whereas people of African origin average under 170cm. The average male height.
<TrumpWrong1> tallest in the world can be found in Africa, The Dutch and countries that made up Yugoslavia are the tallest in Europe, Nordics, are a little shorter

Is he even french? Idk that he ever became a citizen he wasn't there for very long. Less than 10 years I think

I don't think he's french, but french is his main language though

he is Afro European, not Afro American

cfb31bc78b5680d58a0631e1a52f8b05084d1806c3caa8e06c7e036f9e7a4611.jpg
These will be high end.

He won’t even be the first black HW champ since Randleman. Overeem felt the tap.

It's really only common in certain academic circles. Like I said, the distinction is ignored in the common parlance. But you asked why the term African American is used, and how one would refer to white African immigrants, so I answered. Although, really, I feel like African American isn't really a common term at all. About 15-20 years ago, some white people got it into their head that black was offensive and started using African American, but now that's mostly corrected itself and African American is just used once in a while in formal settings, and in academic settings where it's used per the original definition. Also, I've heard Nigerian American, Kenyan American, and especially Ethiopian American plenty of times, but I'd wager I interact with recent African immigrants more than you do.

I'm not trying to make a value statement. I come from a Native American family and everybody just says Indian. The only reason I avoid it is because I work with a lot of people from India. I'm just sharing the history and trying to answer the question.
Black isn't offensive anymore??

What is and isn't offensive changes all the time. Words that you use right now will be potential career enders for you without you realizing it.

Queer? Offensive if used by a straight person.

Homosexual? Offensive.

Oriental? Offensive.

Negro? Offensive.

Black? Apparently not anymore? How the fuck would you ever know that unless you said it and got away with it or said it and got reprimanded? It's also liable to fuck you over at any point when whether or not it's offensive changes.

Are there any pics of Ngannou from 3 or 4 years ago floating around? I would like to see how big he is or if he gained 60lbs of muscle in 2 years. Dude looks like the horse meat was good.

Black isn't offensive anymore??

What is and isn't offensive changes all the time. Words that you use right now will be potential career enders for you without you realizing it.

I don't really think this is that much of a problem. The overwhelming majority of people don't get offended by anything but a couple of really vile slurs that everybody knows. If you do offend someone by accident, say you didn't know and apologize. The vast majority of the time when people do get offended, it's not the word, but how it was used. But if you're genuinely asking:

Queer? Offensive if used by a straight person.

Good example that was offensive but was reclaimed. If you use it as a straight person, nobody is going to be offended unless you use it in a derogatory manner. I've used it plenty of times with plenty of homosexuals, speaking of which...

Homosexual? Offensive.

Really? To who. I use it all the time and have never run into that.

Oriental? Offensive.

Yeah, but nobody's really going to be upset if someone genuinely didn't know and apologizes. And hell, there're still tons of people getting degrees from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London.

Negro? Offensive.

Yup.

Black? Apparently not anymore?

I really have no idea how the idea got around that this ever was. I'm sure there were a handful of people, somewhere, who found it offensive. If you ever manage to find one of them, apologize and move on. If they don't let it go, they're the asshole, not you.

How the fuck would you ever know that unless you said it and got away with it or said it and got reprimanded?

Yeah, that's how most people learn that something is offensive to someone. So they apologize, and then it's no big deal. Might you run into some asshole looking for a reason to be offended that won't let it go? Sure. There are assholes of every creed and color. I can't think of a single person who has had their career affected by using an ethnic slur when it wasn't being used in a deliberately derogatory manner. Relax. If you accidentally offend someone, apologize like you would if you accidentally bumped into them. It happens to everyone. It's not that big a deal.

I don't really think this is that much of a problem. The overwhelming majority of people don't get offended by anything but a couple of really vile slurs that everybody knows. If you do offend someone by accident, say you didn't know and apologize. The vast majority of the time when people do get offended, it's not the word, but how it was used. But if you're genuinely asking:

Good example that was offensive but was reclaimed. If you use it as a straight person, nobody is going to be offended unless you use it in a derogatory manner. I've used it plenty of times with plenty of homosexuals, speaking of which...

Really? To who. I use it all the time and have never run into that.

Yeah, but nobody's really going to be upset if someone genuinely didn't know and apologizes. And hell, there're still tons of people getting degrees from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London.

Yup.

I really have no idea how the idea got around that this ever was. I'm sure there were a handful of people, somewhere, who found it offensive. If you ever manage to find one of them, apologize and move on. If they don't let it go, they're the asshole, not you.

Yeah, that's how most people learn that something is offensive to someone. So they apologize, and then it's no big deal. Might you run into some asshole looking for a reason to be offended that won't let it go? Sure. There are assholes of every creed and color. I can't think of a single person who has had their career affected by using an ethnic slur when it wasn't being used in a deliberately derogatory manner. Relax. If you accidentally offend someone, apologize like you would if you accidentally bumped into them. It happens to everyone. It's not that big a deal.

How many millennialsdo you know they get offended by everything. People seem to be more sensitive today than 20 years ago.

If he wins his match against Stipe he will be the first modern African American HW champion and the first African American champion since the late great Kevin Randleman. War Francis Ngannou and props to the African Americans representing the HW division.

You are either trolling or a prime example of how euphemisms dumb down discourse. I'm going to go with trolling.

How on earth is the man african-american?

I was raised in the 90s that calling someone black was one step down from calling them an n word. Apparently it's OK again.

What is and isn't offensive is a revolving nonsensical door. I'm still relatively young but I've seen it happen many times in my life. Using sex/ gender terminology like people did in the 90s makes you a big bad bigot in some places now and that's spreading to become mainstream.

If you're young, you may think yourself of pure spirit but eventually you'll age to see yourself become the evil bigot.

Back