Just rewatched Khabid vs RDA. I'm actually impressed with RDA's performance

YouKnowWhat?

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

(sorry, free fight only in Spanish)

I'm impressed with RDA's ground game. If it were another fighter, he would be beaten much worse

He went on to win the LW belt while Khabib sat out. That says a lot about how great these 2 fighters are.

I'm impressed with RDA's ground game.
Wow, it's like RDA is a decorated BJJ black belt with notable national and world competition wins, or something.
<{1-1}>

And yet he still had no answer to Khabib's ground game. This is why it's hilarious to read threads on Sherdog how Cocainor's "underrated" ground game will allow him to survive against Khabib on the ground in their match, lmao.

At 2:32 of the video/49 seconds into the first round. Khabib rushes forward throwing a combination. Conor will counter that s*** all night.

I’m not impressed with his performance

At 2:32 of the video/49 seconds into the first round. Khabib rushes forward throwing a combination. Conor will counter that s*** all night.
Definition of a bum rush. If Khabib attempts that he'll get Eddie'd

giphy.gif

Conor gonna counter kabob , rda doesn't have that in his skillset same reason he couldn't do what Conor did to Eddie

round 1 was even, round 2 lopsided, 3 was even until dumbass RDA shot for a TD against the best grappler in modern MMA

Wow, it's like RDA is a decorated BJJ black belt with notable national and world competition wins, or something.
<{1-1}>

And yet he still had no answer to Khabib's ground game. This is why it's hilarious to read threads on Sherdog how Cocainor's "underrated" ground game will allow him to survive against Khabib on the ground in their match, lmao.
Agree,

But if Khabib charges in with straight punches on Conor like he did against RDA in this fight (assuming the McGregor that smoked Alvarez shows up) I would be worried he'll get clipped.

Basically, in my mind - Conor has good takedown defense but if the fight touches the mat even for a second - Khabib will utterly slice through whatever defense McTap tries to put up.

Back