Just rewatched Khabid vs RDA. I'm actually impressed with RDA's performance

Agree,

But if Khabib charges in with straight punches on Conor like he did against RDA in this fight (assuming the McGregor that smoked Alvarez shows up) I would be worried he'll get clipped.

Basically, in my mind - Conor has good takedown defense but if the fight touches the mat even for a second - Khabib will utterly slice through whatever defense McTap tries to put up.
I've lost respect for Conor's TDD after the Mendes fight. I'm not buying into these dubious "80% torn ACL lmao" rumors (how did he even fight with that if this is true?). Mendes took him down in the first round with ease and avoided his left while being bullied near the cage with very little place to maneuver. Had Mendes not gassed, the fight might have ended differently, but he definitely knocked some wind out of Clowner's sails when it comes to maintaining his aura of dominance.

I think people are starting to realize how quickly Conor is going to KO Khabib.

Good. Been saying it for years.

I think people are starting to realize how quickly Conor is going to KO Khabib.

Good. Been saying it for years.
Based on how quickly he KOd Diaz (twice), Mendez and Mayweather?

Mendes KOd himself. guy has no gas in the tank 2 minutes in. I know Joe Rogan likes to say that it was from punches to the body but that is ridiculous. Mendes came in underprepared and tried his best.

I'm kind of shocked to see a 2005 account so utterly delusional...

Diaz has only been finished once in a fight by strikes and it was a freak accident against a guy making girly noises.

Mendez got KO'd. Flat lined.

Mayweather is the best P4P boxer in the entire universe and Conor landed some very flush shots.

But even more hilarious?

Diaz has a better chin than Khabib.
Mayweather has better hands than Khabib.
Mendez has fought way tougher competition than Khabib and shown amazing striking / wrestling.

Next.

Agree,

But if Khabib charges in with straight punches on Conor like he did against RDA in this fight (assuming the McGregor that smoked Alvarez shows up) I would be worried he'll get clipped.

Basically, in my mind - Conor has good takedown defense but if the fight touches the mat even for a second - Khabib will utterly slice through whatever defense McTap tries to put up.
Why in the world would Khabib act like such a fool? He has said he knows Conor is dangerous.

But RDA isn't? Gotcha.
I had to re read my first post, and no. RDA is not near Conor level of striking.

He’s damn good, but ain’t nobody afraid to bang with Dos Anjos. And I like RDA waaay more than Conor.

Diaz has only been finished once in a fight by strikes and it was a freak accident against a guy making girly noises.

Mayweather is the best P4P boxer in the entire universe and Conor landed some very flush shots.

But even more hilarious?

Mendez has fought way tougher competition than Khabib and shown amazing striking / wrestling.

Next.
Can't really argue with most of what you said but Mendez did not get KOed and most certainly wasn't "flatlined" and Nate having a better chin than Khabib is yet to be proven and based on having seen Nate dropped multiple times while never even seeing Khabib seriously hurt despite taking some huge shots all evidence points to the opposite being true,

At 2:32 of the video/49 seconds into the first round. Khabib rushes forward throwing a combination. Conor will counter that s*** all night.

He won't, because Khabib is not in range when throwing these punches. They are just bait for the opponent to plant, then comes the lightning quick level change. Watch the very first takedown. If the opponent doesn't take the bait, he gets corralled into the cage, and then it's Khabib time.

Mendes KOd himself. guy has no gas in the tank 2 minutes in. I know Joe Rogan likes to say that it was from punches to the body but that is ridiculous. Mendes came in underprepared and tried his best.
I agree. I'm joking. Mendez' loss was not even close to a 1-punch KO. It was nearly a GnP defeat.

Last edited:
I just have just seen more fighters come and go -- they get hyped, but are eventually demolished. Everyone is invincible until they fall from grace. You are still in your honeymoon phase with Conner. It will end.

Khabib has been finished by strikes ... NEVER. Khabib is a big guy, much closer to Diaz than Mendez. He is also 20x more brutal than Diaz. Are you size blind?

False. It was a 2nd round TKO.

Khabib is the best P4P grappler in the UFC.

Khabib's chin has never been seriously tested because he is too busy controlling and mauling his opponents. He is a far better fighter than Diaz.

He also has better hands than Conor. Does that mean Mayweather can beat Khabib at MMA?

Mendez fought SMALLER people. You are aware that Khabib is 26-0 with LARGER, harder-hitting opponents, right?

Agreed.

Yeah and Conor beat featherweight champion Max Holloway.

I just have just seen more fighters come and go -- they get hyped, but are eventually demolished. Everyone is invincible until they fall from grace. You are still in your honeymoon phase with Conner. It will end.

Nah, I couldn't care less. I thought RDA was going to beat his ass.

Khabib has been finished by strikes ... NEVER. Khabib is a big guy, much closer to Diaz than Mendez. He is also 20x more brutal than Diaz. Are you size blind?

I'm not a size slut, no. I think it's hilarious that people are. I bet you picked Brock over Cain when they first fought. That said? Khabib has looked silly as fuck on the feet and he's never fought a striker like McGregor. Diaz who I promise you has a better chin than Khabib ate things that would have ended most fighters in those weightclasses. I cannot say the same about Khabib.

False. It was a 2nd round TKO.

So KO's are only single strike shots? Derp. It was a TKO because the ref fucking stopped it, Chad was getting murdered, flat lined, he would have been KO'd without the ref and technically was.

Khabib is the best P4P grappler in the UFC.

Because he's beat... Who? I think he's great but many, many other fighters are better wrestler / striker combos. Khabib has nothing but grappling and has looked like shit on the feet in every one of his fights.

Khabib's chin has never been seriously tested because he is too busy controlling and mauling his opponents. He is a far better fighter than Diaz.

Different styles make different fights. Diaz would be a tough fight for Khabib. Dude has amazing striking, great cardio, good BJJ and a solid chin. I'd even pick someone like Nate Diaz over Khabib. Diaz stands and trades and made MJ look like a bitch on the feet, Khabib had to avoid any striking and just dive for takedowns over and over.

He also has better hands than Conor. Does that mean Mayweather can beat Khabib at MMA?

You brought Mayweather into this dip shit, not me. Is Mayweather suddenly not relevant anymore because I switched the context?

Mendez fought SMALLER people. You are aware that Khabib is 26-0 with LARGER, harder-hitting opponents, right?

HE'S SO BIG...

Next.

Rda fought a horrible fight

We went for a arm in guillotine from half hairs twice in the second and went for a takedown and got flipped on his head in the third

Back