Just rewatched Valentina Shevchenko vs Amanda Nunes

discrediting her for pena and holm fight ? holly is a 45-er who got schooled by a 25-er in valentina you gotta respect valentina for just fighting bigger girls than her let alone for beating them.

Holm is not a 45-er

Nunes landed a couple slaps to the leg, bro, so she won.

Terrible fight but Valentina is one the most overrated fighters ever so I'm happy with the decision.
How is she overrated? Technically she’s one of the most proficient female fighters in all of mma. She’s as technically sound as most of the high level men, n she puts on exciting fights. Outside of her second fight with Amanda, all of her performances have been enjoyable to watch. stfu hater.

How is she overrated? Technically she’s one of the most proficient female fighters in all of mma. She’s as technically sound as most of the high level men, n she puts on exciting fights. Outside of her second fight with Amanda, all of her performances have been enjoyable to watch. stfu hater.

Because man fans are little more than just bleed casuals. Val's fight against Holm was a master class on timing and distance allowing a smaller fighter to dominate a larger fighter after she got her timing down. She also controlled her in the clinch and on the ground, despite giving up size and strength. A great example of how a smaller fighter can beat a skilled, larger fighter.

For all of people's talk about skill, many seem to appreciate it not at all.

She's a blatant point-fighter that wows people with her technique and looks but couldn't crinkle notebook paper with her punches. She also got one of the biggest softballs in UFC history with that debuting crackhead and somehow deserves a title shot because of that.
"That debuting crackhead" had a far better record than Montano.

True but that was the equivalent of bringing someone in from the crowd to fight
Given that Priscilla was 8-0 coming into the fight, I might call one of her opponents the equivalent of bringing someone in from the crowd to fight, but not her.

I agree with you here. She won 2, 3, and 4, and there's a good argument for 5.

Honestly, if you don't appreciate how fucking skilled Valentina is, you're probably one of those Just Bleed fans or an unreasonable WMMA hater.

I agree with you here. She won 2, 3, and 4, and there's a good argument for 5.

Honestly, if you don't appreciate how fucking skilled Valentina is, you're probably one of those Just Bleed fans or an unreasonable WMMA hater.
Or a rabid Nunes fanboy. (Not saying I don't appreciate her skill lol)

Fight was bad. I had Shev winning as well. Not saying she’s a bad fighter because she’s not but her performances have really not shown a whole lot of action except when she pounded that poor female can last time out.

Just a lot of meh.

Don't let this you from the fact I didn't say distract.

Back