Just rewatched Yoel vs Whittaker

Yeah, but like, ummmmm, whittaker had concussions and stuff. The rules are bullshit cause you cant properly determine damage without giving each fighter an MRI between rounds and letting the judges see the reults before scoriilng the round. Yeol just has superficial damage in that pic. Rounds arent scored on volume, damage is what is important.
But it has to be the kind of damage whittaker received, the damage yoel has doesnt count.

Im pretty sure the unified rules are almost identical to what i wrote

Dude had missed the weight 2 times in a damn row though.

Could have won via gogoplata in first minute, still wouldn't be a champ.

Needs to sort it out.

I like Robert Whittaker but some of his fans are becoming among the most abnoxious on here.

Whittaker got his ass kicked, judging criteria is a joke.

Youre a fucken idiot.

Delusional cuck

PRIORITIZED CRITERIA: Effective Striking/Grappling
Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown.
You're just erroneously misinterpreting the rules it says WEIGHTED MORE not that the biggest 1 impacting strike wins the round. Facts are yoel took more damage over the 4th even though his 1 big strike is weighted more it's not enough to = the 20+ damaging shots he took the rest of it.

Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.

Asking because I don't know, what constitutes "damage", like was it ever explicitly defined? Because if it's not somewhat subjective and considerate of things like you've described (knockdowns), then the go-to would be physical evidence, i.e., bloody cuts and bruises.

If the latter is the case, then this picture speaks for itself because it looks like Whittaker is kicking a half-Asian man in the face.

View media item 28859

Asking because I don't know, what constitutes "damage", like was it ever explicitly defined? Because if it's not somewhat subjective and considerate of things like you've described (knockdowns), then the go-to would be physical evidence, i.e., bloody cuts and bruises.

If the latter is the case, then this picture speaks for itself because it looks like Whittaker is kicking a half-Asian man in the face.

View media item 28859
I see what you mean. I too wonder if they mean physical damage that is visible or being dropped and rocked as "damage."

However, Yoels strikes seemed to make Whittaker closer to being stopped than anything Whittaker hit Yoel with.

Except the judges.....
which at the end of the day is the only people who matter, but that was a 10-8 round if there ever was one, especially with the new scoring criteria. Not the first time judges got something wrong though and wont be the last.
I'm sure the powers above had a say into not letting yoel win a decision and creating a huge cluster fuck in the process

I see what you mean. I too wonder if they mean physical damage that is visible or being dropped and rocked as "damage."

However, Yoels strikes seemed to make Whittaker closer to being stopped than anything Whittaker hit Yoel with.

Fair point! Great fight either way. Even more amazing that it continued to be competitive after that hand fracture.

I'm just saying it's not right. Yoel should get 4th round cause he rocked Whittaker while Whittaker was point fighting, and should have got atleast a 10-8 somewhere. Keep in mind mike Jackson got a 10-8 for nothing that night. Romero knocked Whittaker down, took him down three times, and nearly finished him twice in a round and got a 10-9. The judging is that fight was actually laughable

Point fighting that caused Romero's eye to swell shut and get him sent directly to hospital after the fight. Whittaker won 3 rounds. 1,2 and 4. Old rules, new rules, doesn't make a difference, there's no way you can give Romero round 4. Round 5 being a 10-8 to Romero is acceptable though i will say.

which at the end of the day is the only people who matter, but that was a 10-8 round if there ever was one, especially with the new scoring criteria. Not the first time judges got something wrong though and wont be the last.
I'm sure the powers above had a say into not letting yoel win a decision and creating a huge cluster fuck in the process

I disagree on the 10-8 Yoel did nothing for alot of the round and was warned more then once by the ref for inactivity. Getting a knock down then throwing some GNP for 15 seconds and then laying or leaning on your opponent for the rest of the time does not a 10-8 make.

At this point neither side is gonna back down haha I am ready to agree to disagree.

Yoel almost threw in the Towel that is pretty close to being stopped wouldnt you say.

I disagree on the 10-8 Yoel did nothing for alot of the round and was warned more then once by the ref for inactivity. Getting a knock down then throwing some GNP for 15 seconds and then laying or leaning on your opponent for the rest of the time does not a 10-8 make.

At this point neither side is gonna back down haha I am ready to agree to disagree.
Agree to disagree then haha cheers

Point fighting that caused Romero's eye to swell shut and get him sent directly to hospital after the fight. Whittaker won 3 rounds. 1,2 and 4. Old rules, new rules, doesn't make a difference, there's no way you can give Romero round 4. Round 5 being a 10-8 to Romero is acceptable though i will say.
The most important factor is damage. Who was the only one in any danger in round 4? Who was rocked and almost went down?

Come off it Robert wasn't throwing "pitted patter" for points he landed hard shots all threwout the round he clearly hurt and did damage. Yoel bearly landed anything till the final seconds and the damage from that 1 shot didn't even knockdown robert just caused an awkward step that doesn't equal the 4+ minutes that robert teed off on yoel.

So did you score round 4 of jones/gustafsson for the mauler by any chance?

Based on the new criteria for judging, Yoel won.

The new criteria states that rounds are won on damage, not volume (# of strikes landed) unless the damage done is even.

Yoel rocked Whittaker in rounds 3,4, and 5. Round 5 could easily be a 10-8.

The only rounds that were close were rounds 2 and 4. No one got dropped in round 2, so Whittaker won 2 on volume alone. However, round 4 had Whittaker and Yoel landing volume until Whittaker got wobbled, which won round 4 for Yoel.

I could see the fight being at best a draw, but not a win for Whittaker.

It’s not the new rules that made damage more important than volume in regards to scoring. It’s been that way for years.

Back