Just saw how a big guy got tossed around by a small Japanese judo guy.

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That shit was ridiculous. And no video sorry and I couldn't care less if you don't believe; just sharing what I saw and that's it.
A 6'3 (approx) extremely athletic and fit wrestler getting tossed around like a kid by a Japanese 5'8 judoka, average built, that just came from Japanese university (student exchange). I'm don't know about his wrestling credentials or anything but I was told that he was a good wrestler in highschool. Of course the wrestler had disadvantage (using a gi) but still come on that was beautiful piece of evidence against sherdog fellow member obsessed with size. The size difference was ridiculous.

That shit was ridiculous. And no video sorry and I couldn't care less if you don't believe; just sharing what I saw and that's it.
A 6'3 (approx) extremely athletic and fit wrestler getting tossed around like a kid by a Japanese 5'8 judoka, average built, that just came from Japanese university (student exchange). I'm don't know about his wrestling credentials or anything but I was told that he was a good wrestler in highschool. Of course the wrestler had disadvantage (using a gi) but still come on that was beautiful piece of evidence against sherdog fellow member obsessed with size. The size difference was ridiculous.

Guess what, it would have been an even worse ass whooping if the Japanese student had been bigger :D

If someone actively does Judo at a university in Japan, that's pretty high level. It's quite a bit higher than "heard he was good in high school" level of wrestling.

You'd have to look into active college wrestlers in the US (probably D1 too) to get a similar level match up.

So it sounds pretty expected for him to be tossing this other dude around despite the size difference.

Just so you know, I would have been amaze to see it too

We have a small guy in BJJ that always manage to take the back and he has very good attacks, it's always funny to see him like a baby koala on a big guy that can't get rid of him without getting choked.

A good competitive Judoka is usually going to toss most people in a gi.

If someone actively does Judo at a university in Japan, that's pretty high level. It's quite a bit higher than "heard he was good in high school" level of wrestling.

You'd have to look into active college wrestlers in the US (probably D1 too) to get a similar level match up.

So it sounds pretty expected for him to be tossing this other dude around despite the size difference.
Ive always wanted to know more about Japan's system in wrestling and to a lesser extent judo. Japan is one of the few countries in the world outside of the USA and Canada that has College wrestling. Im guessing that judo is the same over there. One difference between Japan's College wrestling and NCAA wrestling is Im pretty sure Japan uses freestyle so their wrestlers do not have to switch rule sets. And really good Japanese wrestlers from MMA like Fujita, Sakuraba, Riki Fukuda, and Miyata all wrestled in College and beyond.

The OP may appreciate this, though Im sure most people have seen it.

Was the wrestler ever given a shido for touching the legs?

Size makes a difference bro, just so does technique.

little japanese grapplers are very strong but so if you are above average strenght its very stupid to try to out muscle them however if you are like extremely strong like body builder strong .. bjj is different .. for judo guys the best thing to do is wear them out .. judo guys are use to timed matches ..

little japanese grapplers are very strong but so if you are above average strenght its very stupid to try to out muscle them however if you are like extremely strong like body builder strong .. bjj is different .. for judo guys the best thing to do is wear them out .. judo guys are use to timed matches ..

Wtf
?

If they're wearing jackets the judoka has a signifcant advantage.
If they're not wearing jackets the wrestler has a significant advantage.

This is to be expected; you get good at what you practice, and the handles (or lack of them) provided by jackets makes a huge difference. Its why Olympic level wrestlers and judoka can't interchange their sports, but Olympic level judoka and world class sambo players can.

Back