Just saw this on FB today. 10th Planet drama.

You can't really revoke a black belt anyway. It wasn't achieved based on "opinion" thus can't be revoked based on it either

Is that even possible, i mean revoking the belt?

P.S. handsome dude this lawyer #nohomo

You can't really revoke a black belt anyway. It wasn't achieved based on "opinion" thus can't be revoked based on it either
I mean, you can say the black belt no longer represents you or your organization anymore, but you've already tacitly endorsed them by giving the black belt in the first place.

Revoking rank is retarded on a couple levels.

I mean, you can say the black belt no longer represents you or your organization anymore, but you've already tacitly endorsed them by giving the black belt in the first place.

Revoking rank is retarded on a couple levels.

But you're a black belt even if you switch club. The new club does not start you over as white belt. It's retarded on so many levels.

casually knowing some of the people involved in this story, i can affirm the sentiments elia suggests. denny is a douche

You can denounce your black belt student if he doesn't represent your ideals. Not denouncing the skills just the morality of the person.

If my black belt student rapes, killed or became a criminal in general. I would denounce him as my black belt.

You can denounce your black belt student if he doesn't represent your ideals. Not denouncing the skills just the morality of the person.

If my black belt student rapes, killed or became a criminal in general. I would denounce him as my black belt.
And those are really good reasons to denounce someone. If the story is true and it by all accounts it’s sounding more and more true, the reasons stated don’t seem like legitimate reasons.

And those are really good reasons to denounce someone. If the story is true and it by all accounts it’s sounding more and more true, the reasons stated don’t seem like legitimate reasons.

Ya. I didn't agree with him being denounced for training with his friend compared to an aquantaince he trained with.

Yeah I train with guys who used to train 10p. They were all really good, but all of them said they got a hard time when they left. Always seems to come from the top(instructor).
It's like they(some instructors) are cool and laid back, but only if you are cool and laid back like them.

I'm a lawyer as well, and I don't blame him. Most of the other jobs he had were not "lawyer" jobs per se, but being a discovery slave.

Also he's been at his current position for 3 years, so there's that.

Discovery slaves are one of the most fucked-up things about the legal profession. Most people don’t even know they exist. Prospective law school applicants, in particular, have no concept of the horrors.

Yeah I train with guys who used to train 10p. They were all really good, but all of them said they got a hard time when they left. Always seems to come from the top(instructor).
It's like they(some instructors) are cool and laid back, but only if you are cool and laid back like them.

yeah, denny has a weird type of narcissism. he fancies himself as something of a new age guru

Discovery slaves are one of the most fucked-up things about the legal profession. Most people don’t even know they exist. Prospective law school applicants, in particular, have no concept of the horrors.

What's a discovery slave?

All you do is review and report on documents. You don't even provide opinions.

I am a lawyer in Canada and have never had to do that bullshit. I do review a shit ton of documents, but I am responsible for the entire file.

Deloitte is currently being sued over how it treats its slaves in Canada: https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2018/2018onsc271/2018onsc271.html

I know quite a few Attorneys and some are like you describe.I'm curious, what is keeping them from getting on with a good firm and contributing? Is it all about the interview process? I know some Attorneys that graduated from pretty good schools that never seem to get stable in the profession while others seem to have been with desirable firms and in demand from others. What is the difference?

It really depends on what the certificate says .

For example, my old instructor put the words like such person has achieved the moral and technical achievement of a blue belt....etc.

Our certificate template that we use is different: we only use the word technical and do not use moral.

Now back to the storyline.

I am not surprised at all. I mean you put people on the pedestal because they are good at choking and bending joints..but in reality they can have really poor interactional skills due to years of not working a normal job, surrounding themselves with followers and groupies and taking drugs.

Was Kenny the first affiliate of 10th? Something about being a blue belt and then could not train under any BB in his local area because he wants to do nogi and then Eddie took him in. I mean he would have been very young and never grew up in an bjj academy with role model and seniority experience to give him a foundation how to handle himself as an instructor and gym owner.

Last edited:
Back