Just watched Ex Machina

an intelligent Ai can grow so it can do more than what it is programmed to do.

also you dont understand your fellow humans. Men fuck goats and you have a hard time believing that he could fall for a talking robot.

theres been men who fucked fruits and you cant see a guy falling for a talking robot?

It will do what it's been designed and programmed to do. It can be programmed so that the scope of the programming self corrects to give itself more options, but computer perception is extremely limited. The list of things that would have to have been programmed into the machines to turn them into murder bots killing to preserve themselves is staggering, they wouldn't learn to do it, they'd have to be taught.

And sure, men will fuck anything. So you think that was his fetish? Because that's what you're saying, and I don't believe it. I can see an emotional tie to an emerging intelligence but I don't buy the physical. He's seen the nuts and bolts. It would be like wanting to fuck a quadriplegic, which again, it a pretty specific fetish.

abfe558954ba9721d16d43f50dc47aad.jpg

i always like your passion, but my homie, if you eat dirt you would die, that was one of the ways slaves killed themselves its called geophagia, thats right im filled with useless knowledge like that.

Also did you see the guy? the guy is built like a twig, he aint swole at all, he will not get out of that place, also the robot chick is gonna straight up shank you in the gut

I would do lots of push ups and escape. I suppose I would have to avoid eating the dirt. Thanks for the heads up. And no way would she shank me. She’d respect my determination to find her and we would get married.

I want to bang her IRL. Something about her that tells me she's great in bed.

I love the actress, and she was great. Sexy as hell.

It will do what it's been designed and programmed to do. It can be programmed so that the scope of the programming self corrects to give itself more options, but computer perception is extremely limited. The list of things that would have to have been programmed into the machines to turn them into murder bots killing to preserve themselves is staggering, they wouldn't learn to do it, they'd have to be taught.

And sure, men will fuck anything. So you think that was his fetish? Because that's what you're saying, and I don't believe it. I can see an emotional tie to an emerging intelligence but I don't buy the physical. He's seen the nuts and bolts. It would be like wanting to fuck a quadriplegic, which again, it a pretty specific fetish.

abfe558954ba9721d16d43f50dc47aad.jpg

I'm pretty sure at least 99% of sherdog would bang a robot version of Alicia Vikander.

If a rich dude paid me to talk to a computer for a weekend and it tried to hit on me, I would tell him pretty much asap.

You have absolutely no idea how long I've been reading about and thinking about AI, or how many lectures I've seen on the subject. Science fiction is the last place you should look to understand how it works or fails to work. AI in science fiction is just magic, because the vast majority of people don't care at all about how it works. I'm not one of those people, are you?

It's probably worth mentioning that AI as a concept is constantly evolving. We used to call autopilot AI.

There are algorithms being generated that could potentially result in emergence, but not only is that insanely improbable, it would have to be intentional, and it still would be something like sparking goo in a petri dish and creating life.

It's made explicit in the film that Ava is the most advanced AI ever.

A general purpose AI, that is. Not the narrow, functional version various industries are making use of today.

If you've spend enough time with AI then you know that half the function of the concept is to act as an analogy for human nature - this case is no different. I don't know if it even added anything new to the discourse at all other than the hackneyed gender component.

It was a good movie but I called that ending as soon as the ginger started flirting with the robot lady.

Men will betray anyone for pussy. Even robot pussy.

The nature of AI as presented here would be intelligence that has the ability for self learning similar to a human. Ultimately of course the exact nature of how you might create such an AI isn't discussed a great deal(beyond highlighting Nathans arguably invasions of privacy using peoples net data) but that's because its really not what the film is about.

Honestly in Caleb's case I think what were presented with is more of a romantic rather than a sexual attraction but we see the characters ability to humanise herself in appearance which combined with possessing true AI does not seem unrealistic that someone would be attracted to her in that fashion either.

Last edited:
It's made explicit in the film that Ava is the most advanced AI ever.

A general purpose AI, that is. Not the narrow, functional version various industries are making use of today.

If you've spend enough time with AI then you know that half the function of the concept is to act as an analogy for human nature - this case is no different. I don't know if it even added anything new to the discourse at all other than the hackneyed gender component.

The entire purpose of Caleb's visit is to see if it can pass Touring, right? Or at least he thinks it is. He thinks he's there to see if it can pass for human.

I'm pretty sure at least 99% of sherdog would bang a robot version of Alicia Vikander.

I wouldn't be interested in banging (good choice of verb) a metal skeleton draped in silk.

ava-ex-machina-05.jpg

Back