Just watched mad max for the first time

there’s definitely nothing “prude” about Ozploitation films lol

The first Mad Max isn't great. There's a reason they disassociated Mad Max 2 in America and gave it a new name. This is how I rank the original franchise.

1. Mad Max 2
2. Mad Max 3
3. Mad Max on Water with Kevin Costner.
4. Mad Max 1.

Water World is awesome.

Always wanted to see it. I sat down and knew I was about to watch an action classic.

I was wrong.

This movie is trash. What the fuck was that? You call that an action movie? They show literally 0 people get killed. Jeez how prude is Australian film? I thought i was gonna see epic road scenes and dudes getting murked by gunfire. What I got was a bunch of nonsense. Is it supposed to be so bad its good?

The movie is paced like bumper to bumper traffic too. When it was over i thought 5 hours had gone by.

Now I have to watch the road warrior. I've heard that it is better. Which doesn't seem hard at all so it probably sucks too.

Chalk this up as my number 1 movie disappointment

I agree. I remember being pretty underwhelmed the first time I saw it. Fury Road was a masterpiece though.

Do you need to watch Mad Max to watch Road Warrior?

Why did Charlize Theron choose that garbage role ?
for the free milk

rkTZ0jg.gif

Always wanted to see it. I sat down and knew I was about to watch an action classic.

I was wrong.

This movie is trash. What the fuck was that? You call that an action movie? They show literally 0 people get killed. Jeez how prude is Australian film? I thought i was gonna see epic road scenes and dudes getting murked by gunfire. What I got was a bunch of nonsense. Is it supposed to be so bad its good?

The movie is paced like bumper to bumper traffic too. When it was over i thought 5 hours had gone by.

Now I have to watch the road warrior. I've heard that it is better. Which doesn't seem hard at all so it probably sucks too.

Chalk this up as my number 1 movie disappointment

Let's be fair, have you tried watching Big trouble in little China in the last 20 years. That movie was an absolute cracker in its day, watch it now and you're embarrassed to admit enjoying it.

The first Mad Max isn't great. There's a reason they disassociated Mad Max 2 in America and gave it a new name. This is how I rank the original franchise.

1. Mad Max 2
2. Mad Max 3
3. Mad Max on Water with Kevin Costner.
4. Mad Max 1.
Did you like Mad Max Delivers the Mail?

Let's be fair, have you tried watching Big trouble in little China in the last 20 years. That movie was an absolute cracker in its day, watch it now and you're embarrassed to admit enjoying it.

I actually just watched that for the first time a month ago and loved it

Who runs barter town is a line that trumps them all.

I like the first one. I watched them out of sequence 2.3 1 4. Mad max for sure has a different tone but it crucial for setting the world, and developing max. The villain is badass as well.
Exactly. In the first film society has just started its decay and road bandits are taking over the country. In the second film it’s a completely different vibe because it has deteriorated into a true wasteland, and even more so in the third film.
And for those that don’t know the main baddy in mad max is the same actor that plays the baddy in fury
No shit? I watched Fury Road with passing interest and I had no idea Immortan Joe was played by the same actor as Toecutter. I remember reading how he was a well respected classically trained actor but that he enjoyed playing a manic character like Toecutter. That’s pretty interesting that he played the villain in the most recent Mad Max.

I watched it for the first time a year or two ago and loved it! It was like a violent kids movie.

Back