Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
23467169_1563840610321862_7105637060598496579_o.jpg

She still needs augmentation

I'm in the minority but I actually really like Synder as a director and I am so disappointed to hear all the comments about Whedon. I hated his Avenger movies. There were no stakes at all, the team breezed through the enemies. He made Ultron an absolute joke who is one of my favorite Marvel villains. Now I gotta experience sitting through 2 hours of corny jokes again. I loved Batman v Superman, Man of Steel and Watchmen.

I'm somewhat in the same camp as you are. I think we have to be a fan of the characters and the universe first. As long as the characters are done Justice, no pun intended, then i think we should be happy with this. The masses and whiners will have to be appeased so the studio can get max profit from their most high profile properties. That's just the reality.

That doesn't mean that there can't be more ambitious or darker movies. There can and probably will. The DC universe is vast enough to support it, as evidenced by Justice League Dark and all the Bat universe stuff in the production pipeline.

Last edited:
I think the problem for DCEU is that they are going to try to be like the Marvel film franchise. And that’s just a juggernaut at this point. Trying to gain inroads on that or emulate that formula is going to backfire because Marvels cinematic universe was built in a more organic way in my opinion.

At the end of the day DC has many awesome characters and great stories to tell but they should definitely concentrate on making good movies rather than churning out volume in as quick a time as possible because of some perceived desire to make up for lost time.

Plus Marvel gave the reins to good directors. Zack fucking Snyder was running the point on all of it, he has to step aside then they recycle Whedon. Meanwhile Marvel is out here giving movies to Coogler, and Waititi and saying 'Do whatever you want'.

Plus Marvel gave the reins to good directors. Zack fucking Snyder was running the point on all of it, he has to step aside then they recycle Whedon. Meanwhile Marvel is out here giving movies to Coogler, and Waititi and saying 'Do whatever you want'.

Excellent point.

All these Whedon mentions make me think I'm going to hate it.
Like it should be renamed "social justice league" and the heroes should just run around screaming "shame!", and "you're fucking a white male".

If DCEU wants to ensure its own success, just take all their animated movies like Flash Point Paradoz, War, Worlds Finest (from STAS), Star Crossed (from JL cartoon), and just do live version movies of those copying each one exactly.

I am hoping Jason Momoa has no actual speaking parts and basically becomes DC's version of Groot, just saying different versions of "YAY-UH" and "Al-righht".

So people actually are liking hipster Flash, and Samoan AQ. I thought they were going to be princess Amedala and Anakin Skywalker respectively

Flash is gonna have to impress me. Khal Drogo gets a lifetime pass unless he really shits the bed.

Opening day November 17, I guess.

I urge everyone to watch it on the 2nd week, right @One MMA Fan ?

<Goldie11>

I usually do watch them in second week, I like to avoid a full house if I can.

But you have other sneaky reasons.

150 mill here it comes.. ps: Thor's final number was 122.7 :p

Heard a rumor CAP is making an appearance so opening weekend for everyone please.

As I said before, just making a "good" movie isn't anywhere near good enough at this point. They dropped at least $300 Million on it, meanwhile Marvel have had three major hits this year - Guardians 2, Spiderman, and Thor - with Black Panther to follow next year before Infinity War. DC need to start scoring touch downs. Just making good yardage on the plays won't cut it. They need to get the ball into the end zone, or Marvel are going to crush them.

Don't forget they also have Ant-Man and the Wasp after Inifinity War, which will do a minimum of 600 million world wide on its own. DC is still trying to make their team up movies work while Marvel is making bank off of 4-5 side franchises.

I really hate to sound like a negative nancy, but every time I see the trailer the movie looks worse.

That could just be because The Flash character seems god awful, and Bro Aquaman is dumb.

I usually do watch them in second week, I like to avoid a full house if I can.

But you have other sneaky reasons.

150 mill here it comes.. ps: Thor's final number was 122.7 :p

Heard a rumor CAP is making an appearance so opening weekend for everyone please.

<{monica}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back