Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why I don’t care to see it. You can’t expect people to give a fuck about characters when you haven’t expanded on their story. That’s why I believe X3 was so shitty. Let’s toss a ton of heroes on screen with little to no backstory and expect people to care.

There has to be a buildup, IMO. When I see Aquaman next year THEN maybe I’ll watch JL. It’ll probably mean more then.
Yeah, you're definitely not missing out on anything essential.
I felt like this JL movie was more of a preview/cock tease to what we can expect in the future...which is retarded since this is the 5th movie of the DC universe now.

Superman died way too soon. You can't have this character die in the 2nd movie. Now I know he won't be dying again in any future movie

Yeah, you're definitely not missing out on anything essential.
I felt like this JL movie was more of a preview/cock tease to what we can expect in the future...which is retarded since this is the 5th movie of the DC universe now.

Superman died way too soon. You can't have this character die in the 2nd movie. Now I know he won't be dying again in any future movie

No because WW will die next ...somehow. She’s the franchise’s cash cow now so it only makes sense to have her “die”, most likely in a slow motion, sexy way.

I saw previews of JL, saw WW and BvS and I swear she can’t go five minutes without some drawn out sexy slow motion pose

LOL @"critics" ...
Eat shit and live
The fact that WW Gal is in it, pays for the price in admission in itself.

I just came back from the movie and it was...alright! My initial impression is that I liked it better than the two most recent Marvel movies I saw, Spider man and Thor. In comparison to other marvel movies, I personally liked it more than Wonder Woman, which is the only DC movie worth mentioning anyway.

I'll start off by saying that I personally am getting sick of the Marvel formula, particularly their use of their bright colors and their need to cram in every witty one-liner or joke they can. Despite the failings of BvS, I did prefer the darker color and the overall mood even if it did get too ridiculously serious. From the get go, I am glad they kept that tone in the movie and brightened it just a bit. I will have admit I am torn on this because while the Marvel movies try too hard to be not serious, it fits with the fact that these are cartoon characters with silly powers punching each other. I like the tone of the DC movies then it kind of breaks the immersion when the heroes start doing hero shit and I remember, "Oh right, I'm watching a cartoon." I hope they make a solo movie with Batfleck because I think the tone fits his character the best.

Like everybody said, the on-screen presence of the actors and their dynamic with each other is the best part of the movie. Batfleck is a damn good Batman and wonder woman is a charming, charismatic leader. Aquaman is also charismatic in his own I-don't-give-a-fuck kind of way. Aquaman feels bit like DC's version of Thor, a strong warrior with a goofy side, but with the goofiness scaled back. Flash gives the team a more human touch with his humor and dorkiness and inexperience being a hero. Cyborg was the weakest for me but he's alright. I guess it makes sense he has the least personality since he's supposed to be half machine.

The scene where they introduced Wonder Woman to the movie was pretty cool and is my favorite action sequence in the film.
the way she blocks the bullets to save the hostages was unique

I did like how they showed Batman's lack of powers and how helpless he can be sometimes
Getting his ass kicked by a single foot soldier of Steppenwolf
but it makes him seem even more heroic for being there and trying his hardest to fight back and using more creativity to do so.

I assume everybody knows about Superman (I did going in) so I won't put spoiler tags about that. Also like how they showed Superman's power.
The Flash being shocked at Superman being able to see him come at him was memorable
Although once he came in, the little tension they built up of the danger of the villain was destroyed since Superman obviously has no match.
the short scene of Superman fighting the league had more tension than the entire fight between him and Batman in BvS.
Superman making a few jokes and being an asshole makes him a lot more likable. I'm glad Cavill is finally showing some personality.

As for the Whedon-esque humor, it worked. I think it worked better here than in Marvel movies because they didn't try to cram it in at every possible scene. They found a better balance of humor and action than the few recent Marvel movies.

The film has obvious flaws, but I think they are flaws the vast majority of these kind of movies have. The Villain is forgettable and not even a challenge for the heroes especially after Superman comes in. Most of the action is just a lot of punching and explosions. You get bored of them beating the shit out of endless ranks of faceless goons. There is no tension at all. I did wish they did something more unique than the villain gets something ancient and power plot. The end credits at this point makes them seem like they're trying way too hard to rip off Marvel.

I don't really remember what I give most of these movies but I'll rank it around 7.

JL makes me want a solo Batman movie in this universe, and Amber Heard as Mera is hot.

I just came back from the movie and it was...alright! My initial impression is that I liked it better than the two most recent Marvel movies I saw, Spider man and Thor. In comparison to other marvel movies, I personally liked it more than Wonder Woman, which is the only DC movie worth mentioning anyway.

I'll start off by saying that I personally am getting sick of the Marvel formula, particularly their use of their bright colors and their need to cram in every witty one-liner or joke they can. Despite the failings of BvS, I did prefer the darker color and the overall mood even if it did get too ridiculously serious. From the get go, I am glad they kept that tone in the movie and brightened it just a bit. I will have admit I am torn on this because while the Marvel movies try too hard to be not serious, it fits with the fact that these are cartoon characters with silly powers punching each other. I like the tone of the DC movies then it kind of breaks the immersion when the heroes start doing hero shit and I remember, "Oh right, I'm watching a cartoon." I hope they make a solo movie with Batfleck because I think the tone fits his character the best.

Like everybody said, the on-screen presence of the actors and their dynamic with each other is the best part of the movie. Batfleck is a damn good Batman and wonder woman is a charming, charismatic leader. Aquaman is also charismatic in his own I-don't-give-a-fuck kind of way. Aquaman feels bit like DC's version of Thor, a strong warrior with a goofy side, but with the goofiness scaled back. Flash gives the team a more human touch with his humor and dorkiness and inexperience being a hero. Cyborg was the weakest for me but he's alright. I guess it makes sense he has the least personality since he's supposed to be half machine.

The scene where they introduced Wonder Woman to the movie was pretty cool and is my favorite action sequence in the film.
the way she blocks the bullets to save the hostages was unique

I did like how they showed Batman's lack of powers and how helpless he can be sometimes
Getting his ass kicked by a single foot soldier of Steppenwolf
but it makes him seem even more heroic for being there and trying his hardest to fight back and using more creativity to do so.

I assume everybody knows about Superman (I did going in) so I won't put spoiler tags about that. Also like how they showed Superman's power.
The Flash being shocked at Superman being able to see him come at him was memorable
Although once he came in, the little tension they built up of the danger of the villain was destroyed since Superman obviously has no match.
the short scene of Superman fighting the league had more tension than the entire fight between him and Batman in BvS.
Superman making a few jokes and being an asshole makes him a lot more likable. I'm glad Cavill is finally showing some personality.

As for the Whedon-esque humor, it worked. I think it worked better here than in Marvel movies because they didn't try to cram it in at every possible scene. They found a better balance of humor and action than the few recent Marvel movies.

The film has obvious flaws, but I think they are flaws the vast majority of these kind of movies have. The Villain is forgettable and not even a challenge for the heroes especially after Superman comes in. Most of the action is just a lot of punching and explosions. You get bored of them beating the shit out of endless ranks of faceless goons. There is no tension at all. I did wish they did something more unique than the villain gets something ancient and power plot. The end credits at this point makes them seem like they're trying way too hard to rip off Marvel.

I don't really remember what I give most of these movies but I'll rank it around 7.

JL makes me want a solo Batman movie in this universe, and Amber Heard as Mera is hot.

Sounds good

Just saw it. Love it. Weak storyline and but love seeing them all together.

some camera shots have below the forehead/eyes shots then zooms into full lol, that was annoying
Weak villain. I hate that's it's CGI. They should learn on Hela and make darkseid not CGI
Introducing new characters was rushed
Wonder woman skirt getting blown up - hot
Did synder just put a 300 character in there?
definitely bleeding now lol
Mera was so hot

There's two end credit scene

Superman beating the crap out of the JL was awesome

Aquaman telling that bruce wayne is batman with a crowd watching wtf lol
And Aquaman littering the ocean

Last edited:
Batman has had the most movies out all every super hero I think.

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Nolan Trilogy

I think not having a solo batman movie yet is fine for the most part. I do think that Aquaman and Flash should have had solo movies before Justice League tho

Edit

Superman might have more actually. Either way Batman has had a shit ton of movies

Just got back from seeing it.
I absolutely hated BvS, MoS and suicide squad but I can honestly say justice league was great!
Way better than what I expected. The chemistry was good, aquaman was a cool character and Ezra was a great flash. I thought going in I was gonna hate the flash from the trailers but he was awesome.
Cgi was bad which was a letdown but overall it was a great movie. I’d give it an 8/10

I was really looking forward to finding out who Alfred was talking to in the trailers but for some odd reason it was cut out of the movie which was disappointing. Deathstroke looked awesome in his cameo, can’t wait to see more of him

Batman has had the most movies out all every super hero I think.

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Nolan Trilogy

I think not having a solo batman movie yet is fine for the most part. I do think that Aquaman and Flash should have had solo movies before Justice League tho

Edit

Superman might have more actually. Either way Batman has had a shit ton of movies
The problem with this train of thought is that these are all very different Batmans. The Batman in the JL is older, and looks to be on the tail end of his career. He is also sharing a universe with not just other heroes, but super powered beings. The other Batman movies mostly took place in "the real world"

If they're trying to create a new comic movie world, arguably the biggest character in that world should have gotten a solo movie.
Flash and Aquaman aren't central enough characters to the JL where they would take priority. They actually did a good job introducing and bringing the characters together in the movie

Just got back from seeing it.
I absolutely hated BvS, MoS and suicide squad but I can honestly say justice league was great!
Way better than what I expected. The chemistry was good, aquaman was a cool character and Ezra was a great flash. I thought going in I was gonna hate the flash from the trailers but he was awesome.
Cgi was bad which was a letdown but overall it was a great movie. I’d give it an 8/10

I was really looking forward to finding out who Alfred was talking to in the trailers but for some odd reason it was cut out of the movie which was disappointing. Deathstroke looked awesome in his cameo, can’t wait to see more of him

You can tell there's so much reshoots in the movie.
I hope they release an extended cut version on bluray

Has anyone rewatched man of steel and b vs s leading up to this? I swear if u watch the ultimate cut of bat vs sup after man of steel it makes the movie feel more impactful. I enojyed those two films and i think ill like this too.

I just saw it
It isn't bad....but not great either. Definitely better than BvsS.

Problems:
*One dimensional, boring villain and storyline. Typical of a lot of comic book movies though.
*I also thought the CGI was pretty bad in a lot of parts in regards to the main bad guy.
*I fucking hated Flash. Horrible casting, imo. He was annoying and just did not fit. The TV show Flash actor would have been a 1,000 times better. So many bad jokes.
*Superman is just too powerful. It is why he is such a bore of a character. Why do you even need a JL when you have Superman?

*I liked Batman in the last movie....but they basically neutered him in this movie. He didn't feel like a bad ass. He felt like the weakest link of the team. He was also not the broody, dry humored guy he should have been. He came across a lot more gritty in the last movie
I thought it was an odd and wrong choice to cast the guy they did as Commissior Gordon...he just didn't fit in my eyes.

Good stuff
The good stuff is mostly the characters
I have no idea how close Momoa's Aquaman matches the comics, but i enjoyed him a lot. Momoa is just always fun to watch, so i don't care how faithful to the comic books his AM is.
Cyborg was actually really cool. I enjoyed him quite a bit....but with him there, it made it feel like Batman was kind of worthless.
Gal Gadot is great as WW
I didn't like this toned down version of Batman, but I did enjoy the banter between the team to explore their ideas of morality.

This is a good summation of the film.

The CGI was awful. There was something odd with the saturation of the color in this movie. I get why they had to digitally alter Superman's face, but I don't get why Bruce Wayne's face had digital effects as well.

I liked The Flash. Never watched the TV show so I don't really have a reference to it.

Batman was alright, I wish he had more to do.

Each character seems to have an equivalent character in the Marvel movies, or an amalgamation of two. Aquaman is Thor, royalty of another world (I kept thinking of 'Point Break'). Cyborg is Hulk, a remorseful genius who is terrified of his own powers. Wonder Woman is Capt. America and Black Widow, a fish-out-of-sea who is somewhat naive/bad-ass chick. Batman and the Flash both remind me of Ironman, Billionaire inventor, and a quirky smartass.

The Thermyscira (sp?) sequence when they had the relay thing was pretty bad-ass.

The low runtime got me worried but it wasn't so bad. I wish there were 15-20 more minutes though.

They need to do comic batman on the big screen. Just a badass dude who can hang with all these super heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back