JUSTICE LEAGUE v.5 (Details on 2011 Script; $16 Million on 3rd Week; Dragonlord's Review) | Page 51

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Nov 16, 2017.

?

If you have seen JUSTICE LEAGUE, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

0.7%
  2. 9 - Great

5.8%
  3. 8 - Good

20.3%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

24.6%
  5. 6 - Decent

23.2%
  6. 5 - Average

12.3%
  7. 4 - Poor

7.2%
  8. 3 - Bad

3.6%
  9. 2 - Terribad

0.7%
  10. 1 - Abysmal (Explain)

1.4%
  1. devante Silver Belt

devante
    get it completely....

2. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

heavyarms21
    This also needs to be said a lot of that 100 mil doesn't necessarily got to peoples pockets, a good portion of that will go into the Budget of the next flicks , part of that $300 mil for Justice League will come from the previous movies.

3. Pem123 Red Belt

Pem123
  4. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Update: December 5, 2017

Details on Will Beall's 2011 Convoluted and Bloated Draft for JUSTICE LEAGUE

[​IMG]

Justice League could have turned out very differently: In a 2011 draft of the film obtained by TheWrap, Batman and Wonder Woman have a son, Aquaman is nowhere in sight, Darkseid enslaves Superman, and Hawkman and Green Lantern team up in space.

The script, by Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall, nails the art of fan service. After a quick introduction on Darkseid’s hellish planet, Apokolips, we’re plunged into a stunning set piece between Batman, Superman, KGBeast, Killer Croc and Lex Luthor that includes a shark tank shattering on the upper floors of Lexcorp Tower in Metropolis. And it just gets more packed with heroes and villains from there.

Many fans have expressed disappointed in the version of Justice League that Joss Whedon had to rush into theaters last month after original director Zack Snyder had to bow out amidst family tragedy.

Beall’s draft predated the current DC cinematic universe, which began with 2013’s Man of Steel. In fact, Beall wrote it a year before Christopher Nolan completed his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises, and before Disney’s Marvel released The Avengers.

Here are a few highlights from the script:

• Though Steppenwolf is the lead villain in this year’s “Justice League,” Beall’s draft would have made his boss, Darkseid, the master of evil. That opening shark-tank battle ends with Desaad, one of Darkseid’s minions, killing Killer Croc and stealing Kryptonite that Luthor has just tried to buy from KGBeast, aka Anatoli Knyazev. At one point, Croc bites a shark.

• While 2016’s “Batman v Superman” would pit the heroes against each other, the 2011 script imagined them as allies who know each others’ identities and have coffee at Metropolis Diner, where they chat about other DC superheroes like Diana (Wonder Woman), Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Aquaman. They soon travel to Central City to recruit Barry Allen, aka The Flash.

• Amanda Waller and King Faraday run the Department of Metahuman Affairs and seize Killer Croc’s body. We also meet Abel Terrant (Tattooed Man), Copperhead, Barbara Minerva (Cheetah) and Solomon Grundy. Waller and Croc eventually met in 2016’s “Suicide Squad.”

• In deep space, Green Lantern John Stewart and Thanagarian Katar Hol, aka Hawkman, engage in a cool action sequence inside a space-station nightclub as they try to stop Kanjar Ro from helping Dessad weaponize the Kryptonite. The first act ends with Superman kidnapped by Steppenwolf and the Parademons and taken back to Apokolips.

• By the start of the second act, Batman goes to Themyscira to recruit Diana, with whom he has a romantic history.

• Barry Allen, Green Lantern John Stewart and Diana have a meeting with Wayne inside the Batcave, which has several generations of Batmobiles and Batsuits, as well as Mr. Freeze’s Cyro-Gun, the Scarecrow’s Mask, and The Penguin’s Umbrella.

• John Stewart returns to OA (Green Lantern headquarters) and finds the dead bodies of his fellow Lanterns: Katma Tui, Kilowag, Guy Gardner, Salakk, and Tomar-Re. The entire Lantern Corps has been massacred by Darkseid.

• With the Lantern Corps out of the way, Darkseid invades earth at the midpoint of the script — with help from a brainwashed Superman. As he does in Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” and “Batman v Superman,” Wayne dons special armor to fight the Man of Steel. Diana manages to release Superman from Dessad’s mind control and Superman rejoins the League in the fight against Darkseid.

• Superman goes through a Boom Tube and travels eleven years into the future to find that Darkseid has wiped out 80 percent of the Earth’s population. Diana leads the last of the human resistance with an aged and grey-haired Bruce Wayne as her second-in-command. They have a son named Clark Wayne, and one surprising member of the resistance is Lex Luthor.

• The Future Batman leads a dozen fighters known as Batman’s Berzerkers. They include Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) George Harkness (Captain Boomerang), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) and Barbera Minerva (Cheetah). Comics fans might also recognize this team as the members of Suicide Squad — though not exactly the Suicide Squad of last year’s film. The last of the resistance is headquartered inside Superman’s Fortress of Solitude.

• Future Lex Luthor figures out a way to send Barry Allen back eleven years in time, partly using Darkseid’s Boom Tube. Future Flash goes back in time to before Darkseid’s invasion, and dies in younger self’s arms — after warning of the terrible future.

• Diana, Bruce, Barry and Green Lantern travel to Apokolips and rescue Superman before Desaad can take over his mind, and the reunited Justice League battle Darkseid and his forces on Apokolips to stop the invasion of Earth. The entire Lantern Corps, along with the Amazons from Themyscira, join in the battle.

• The script ends with Mercy Graves planning a presidential campaign for Lex Luthor and Luthor receiving a message from Future Luthor telling him of Superman’s secret identity: Clark Kent.
    Had Beall’s script gone forward, Darkseid would have made his theatrical debut before Marvel’s somewhat similar Thanos, the villain of next year’s Avengers: Infinity War. Beall’s script earned him a two-picture deal, and Variety reported that Ben Affleck considered directing it even before he signed on to play Batman for Zack Snyder.

The ‘Justice League’ That Might Have Been: We’ve Seen the Script (Exclusive)

5. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Will Beall's draft sounds terrible for the first movie for the DCEU. Too confusing for non-DC readers/viewers. Too convoluted. Too much fan-service. This fits better in the standalone DC animated movie line-up.

6. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    "In deep space, Green Lantern John Stewart and Thanagarian Katar Hol, aka Hawkman, engage in a cool action sequence inside a space-station nightclub as they try to stop Kanjar Ro from helping Dessad weaponize the Kryptonite"

Not sure if I'm intrigued or amused

Ippy, A.S. Deep, heavyarms21 and 2 others like this.
  7. Organic Damage Alive and ticking inside

Organic Damage
    That sounds batshit... way too much going on. Although it would have been cool to see them try to film it.

Is it really that difficult to come up with a compelling storyline involving only the core JL members? I mean, the DC animated universe seems to have done it multiple times...

LilMountain and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  8. mixmastermo Brown Belt

mixmastermo
    This sounds like someone took every DC character, put them in a blender, and added some extra helpings of fan service.

Wayyyy too convoluted.

9. KnightTemplar Sith Belt

KnightTemplar
    Jesus fucking Christ, that makes BvS look like a cinematic masterpiece!:eek:

10. taurus Tiger knee belt

taurus
    COmpletely agree. "DC Animated" was my first thought.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  11. Magooglie Steel Belt

Magooglie
    That's about 3 movies worth of stuff on the back of 5-6 other movies. With that said, I'm not against it.

12. Halge Red Belt

Halge
    Very uneven movie. Some funny moments, but overall it was just completely devoid of pzazz. Only "fuck-yeah" moment was when

Superman fought Justice League. Especially when he almost caught Flash.

But the reason for that fight was downright stupid, as was the fact that

Superman could have solo'd Steppenwolf easily. Had he not went off to smooch Lois Lane in a cornfield for no reason whatsoever the end battle would have been pretty undramatic.

Really think they need to rebalance the power levels for the characters in future JL films. This movie made all JL members except Superman seem like b*tches, and superman OP as hell.

I kinda liked BvS better. At least it had some gravitas.
    Justice League doesn't come close to matching Gotg2, Spiderman: Homecoming or Thor: Ragnarok. Feels like Marvel is on a different level.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  13. SSgt Dickweed Brown Belt

SSgt Dickweed
    [​IMG]

14. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    oh yeah, I meant to ask this thread about that, did I miss something?

Cyborg just randomly shorted out one time in the whole movie and his robotics just happened to target Superman when he happened to still be out of it from being brought back to life? Did Fleetwood Mac or Darkseid have some control over Cyborg via the motherbox?

15. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Cyborg's defense system taking over was just a convenient plot device to provoke Superman into attacking them.

Halge, KnightTemplar and LilMountain like this.
  16. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    That's what I thought but wanted to see if I missed an attempt at least at logic behind it

17. AgentSmecker Brown Belt

AgentSmecker
    Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    Finally got around to watching it and thankfully I didn't percieve it as the disaster I feared it might be. It wasn't a classic by any means but I still enjoyed it very much for what it was... a mindless popcorn blockbuster with super powered beings knocking the fuck out of each other. Aquaman's surfer dude persona was a misstep imo but I loved Ezra Miller as The Flash and thought Ray Fisher was fine as Cyborg (the cgi I heard so many bitching about looked fine to me too). My opinion on the others remained unchanged, Gadot: mesmerizing, Affleck: surprisingly good and Cavill: a total plank. All in all and all things considered this was a step up and much more fun than BvS.

18. Big Brown Clown Yellow Card

Big Brown Clown
    Imagine cutting this “come together” sequence for absolutely no reason

Dinotective and TheRuthlessOne like this.
  19. TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

TheRuthlessOne
    First thing I thought

Sounds like an animated film

20. TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

TheRuthlessOne
    Oh shit

This asshole wrote Aquaman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kiyashin likes this.