K1 kick boxer S&C

Fight performance

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I would put it out there first to see if any one is interested other wise I won't bother.

Question: is any one interested in seeing how I train one of my pro K1 kickboxers in terms of there strength and conditioning? I will just put up there weekly schedule and the sessions they do with me.

Sure I like to see a condensed version. I dont really want to watch every single rep or step they take though.

Absolutely, would be insightful

3 sets of tren and test injections thrice weekly

I'm interested. However be prepared to defend your programming.

Powerlifting crew feeling weak-kneed already!

Nope. Just thought I would warn him before posting. It wouldn't be f13 without a healthy contra-indication battle!

Nope. Just thought I would warn him before posting. It wouldn't be f13 without a healthy contra-indication battle!
I think I have an idea of how this will go, but we'll see.

I think I have an idea of how this will go, but we'll see.
I kinda wanted to be open and honest about what typically happens here. You know, for a change.

Haha yea I know that for sure, the good old anonymous forum.

Thanks guys ill start adding their training from a strength and conditioning aspect from Thursday.

My main client source is actually MMA fighters but S&C for Kickboxing isn't something that's often talked about.

Haha yea I know that for sure, the good old anonymous forum.

Thanks guys ill start adding their training from a strength and conditioning aspect from Thursday.

My main client source is actually MMA fighters but S&C for Kickboxing isn't something that's often talked about.
MMA stuff would be awesome too. I mean, it's your business and product, but whatever you feel like sharing would be interesting.

Is this gunna be similar to what regular coaches do like random circuit training stuff? or is this more a "how to" on developing an athletes base and going forth from there? eg bazooka Joes coach "seems" to know his stuff. Other coaches are like 5 min rounds of these 10 random exercises for 4 sets blah blah. Definitely dont wanna discourage you from posting its just hard to find legit info on how to train combat athletes

sorry for the slow start but I'm ready to start posting regularly.

Alright guys here we go, don't worry I'm prepared to be abused and have my methodologies rubbished that's fine haha. This will just be a place for people to get a idea and understanding of a different training style.

Before I get into the first session of their camp a few starting notes which will make the training more understandable.

Fighters current week schedule.

-4 skill based class sessions a week between 4-8/10 intensity
-1 individual pad session 8/10
-1 Sparring session 1 hour
-2 low intensity aerobic capacity sessions
-2 total body strength and injury prevention sessions.

6 week's before any fight
1- Anaerobic power capacity which ends up being a aerobic session by the end. Intensity 9-10/10

Adaptation monitoring
-Very very basic simply taking heart rate each morning before getting out of bed, if their is a spike of more than 15 volume and or intensity for the day is lowered (unless we are in a deliberate over reaching phase)

Strength session goals
-Maximum strength to improve rate of force development
-Postural imbalances and joint health
-Mobility
-Muscular endurance and lactic and aerobic power (when needed and effective, I often drop certain things when a fighter has had a hard/volumiss week)

Misc
-For this athlete I have included less foot work drills as her club/coach includes a lot of foot work drills into classes so more would not be necessary.
-Running is not included as a disc injury is completely fine unless she jogs, this is likely to her running mechanics but I'm not qualified or have any knowledge at improving this so for now we have no need to include it.

First session is up tomorrow as this is under NZT time a day a head of EST.

(Please don't hound me on grammar/punctuation I'm no English teacher haha)

Is this gunna be similar to what regular coaches do like random circuit training stuff? or is this more a "how to" on developing an athletes base and going forth from there? eg bazooka Joes coach "seems" to know his stuff. Other coaches are like 5 min rounds of these 10 random exercises for 4 sets blah blah. Definitely dont wanna discourage you from posting its just hard to find legit info on how to train combat athletes
I

Hey mate not a complete how to develop, but there's amazing books and resources out there much smarter than me which I can recommend. I don't use much circuit training only when I need to up conditioning closer to a fight and then it's only a very small portion of the fighters weekly volume as they hit their energy systems hard with all the other training most of the time. As always there will exceptions though.

sorry for the slow start but I'm ready to start posting regularly.

Alright guys here we go, don't worry I'm prepared to be abused and have my methodologies rubbished that's fine haha. This will just be a place for people to get a idea and understanding of a different training style.

Before I get into the first session of their camp a few starting notes which will make the training more understandable.

Fighters current week schedule.

-4 skill based class sessions a week between 4-8/10 intensity
-1 individual pad session 8/10
-1 Sparring session 1 hour
-2 low intensity aerobic capacity sessions
-2 total body strength and injury prevention sessions.

6 week's before any fight
1- Anaerobic power capacity which ends up being a aerobic session by the end. Intensity 9-10/10

Adaptation monitoring
-Very very basic simply taking heart rate each morning before getting out of bed, if their is a spike of more than 15 volume and or intensity for the day is lowered (unless we are in a deliberate over reaching phase)

Strength session goals
-Maximum strength to improve rate of force development
-Postural imbalances and joint health
-Mobility
-Muscular endurance and lactic and aerobic power (when needed and effective, I often drop certain things when a fighter has had a hard/volumiss week)

Misc
-For this athlete I have included less foot work drills as her club/coach includes a lot of foot work drills into classes so more would not be necessary.
-Running is not included as a disc injury is completely fine unless she jogs, this is likely to her running mechanics but I'm not qualified or have any knowledge at improving this so for now we have no need to include it.

First session is up tomorrow as this is under NZT time a day a head of EST.

(Please don't hound me on grammar/punctuation I'm no English teacher haha)
Looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing more.

Monday 14th May
-3 minutes low intensity warm up (skipping today)
-Dyanmic mobility and required activation drills something similar to these routines here

Plyometric circuit/neural activation
1. Depth drop to vertical jump x3
2. Backwards jump to forward medicine ball throw x3
3. Lateral bound x6
-Rest 1 minute between rounds or in till breathing rate has completely returned to baseline.

A.1 Safety bar split squat 4x5 each side 2-1-0-0 rest 30 seconds before>

A.2 flying knee to heavy bag x2 each side. 90 seconds rest before A.1

B.1 Pull up 4x6 1-1-0-0 1
B.2 medicine ball slamx5 1 minute rest

C.1 1 arm DB push press 1-0-0-0 3x5 each side

D.1 Cable face pull 3x25 superset
D.2 Reverse hyper 3x20 45 seconds rest

E.1 Prowler push 30m maximum effort
E.2 50m of jab cross jab 90 degree turn cross jab 90 degree turn (this is shadow boxing but working on fast movement and thinking and good technique under fatigue)
Rest 45 seconds repeat 5 times

Stretching and controlled breathing.

As stated previously usually with a pure striker I place more emphasis on foot work and reactive power but her striking coach implements a lot in her skill training. This is why it's very important to have an insight into what an athlete is doing the rest of the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back