Kaepernick or RG3?

Kaepernick or RG3?

• Kaepernick

• RG3

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think he's a fool, but a harmless fool. Way bigger problems in the NFL people could worry about

I think he's a fool, but a harmless fool. Way bigger problems in the NFL people could worry about
Donald Sterling was harmless.

Colin almost certainly fucked up the bottom line for the League: possibly to the tune of billions in potential future ad revenue. It's hard to measure what impact he had on the decreased viewership this year, but clearly he was the #1 issue, and therefore probably the #1 reason Americans weren't tuning in. Viewership cratered this past season. It's not all on him, but it's not nearly as much a coincidence as this writer tries to argue (all this other stuff, including the concussion pushback, has been going on for years without negative viewership):
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/why...eagues-greed-has-finally-caught-up-to-it.html

Billions.

Don't tell me that's harmless. There are dozens of nations with GDP's that don't reach that territory.

Colin almost certainly fucked up the bottom line for the League: possibly to the tune of billions in potential future ad revenue. It's hard to measure what impact he had on the decreased viewership this year, but clearly he was the #1 issue, and therefore probably the #1 reason Americans weren't tuning in. Viewership cratered this past season. It's not all on him, but it's not nearly as much a coincidence as this writer tries to argue (all this other stuff, including the concussion pushback, has been going on for years without negative viewership):
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/why...eagues-greed-has-finally-caught-up-to-it.html

Billions.

Don't tell me that's harmless. There are dozens of nations with GDP's that don't reach that territory.
I meant harmless to me and fans***

I honestly disagree he was the problem with viewership - I mean the link you posted said the bad product was the problem. How can you say it's clear he was the problem? Impossible to prove that. I agree a bad product was 100% the problem. Every week on national sports radio they discussed how bad the games were. The NFL has made a point to fix the breaks and commercials problem because it was apparent it hurt the league this year. I guess I wouldn't feel bad if Colin Kaepernick kneeling cut into Goodell's 45M dollar salary, or hurt Jed York's bottom line anyways.

I meant harmless to me and fans***

I honestly disagree he was the problem with viewership - I mean the link you posted said the bad product was the problem. How can you say it's clear he was the problem? Impossible to prove that. I agree a bad product was 100% the problem. Every week on national sports radio they discussed how bad the games were. The NFL has made a point to fix the breaks and commercials problem because it was apparent it hurt the league this year. I guess I wouldn't feel bad if Colin Kaepernick kneeling cut into Goodell's 45M dollar salary, or hurt Jed York's bottom line anyways.
And you wanted to believe the link, so you did? Yes, I linked that specifically to present the strongest argument that doesn't attribute everything to Colin, but I prefaced that by reminding you to read the article skeptically. It was intended to challenge your ability to think critically for yourself.

After all, separately, the head trauma issue has become a major thorn in this sport, especially at the youth level. Have you gone out and looked at Pop Warner participation in small towns? It's cratered. Nevertheless, that, itself, isn't just about a mediocre Will Smith movie that sensationalizes the problem. Kids don't go outside anymore.

So it's impossible to listen to someone attribute a decline of NFL viewership to concussion, because we've been talking about that shit for nearly a decade now, in the mainstream, and the NFL's viewership and revenues only continued to rise. It's not a persuasive argument. It's also not cogent to point to Thursday Night football when that debuted back in 2006. Games in London started in 2007. So it took 10 years for them to finally see a dip in TV ratings?

C'mon, @NewbZor, don't be a pawn. Don't be an imbecile preyed upon by the narratives and interests of the regressive leftists.

That author is a whore for his own confirmation bias who doesn't want to admit the impact that Colin had on the bottom line; an impact, I will remind you, that Donald Sterling never inflicted upon his Los Angeles Clippers, that saw record gate revenues and viewership throughout that season and postseason, but who was deprived of his right to own his own damn business nonetheless...because he is white. What a crime.

Take, for instance, the author's argument about commercials dragging down the product offered without a speck of objective evidence to buttress the claim. He couldn't throw out some figures? How much has advertisement time increased relative to game time in the past decade? What's the time-percentage split?

Then he segues into a complaint that really isn't specific to the NFL, and if anything, is affecting the NFL the least; about the shift of sports coverage to the cable & satellite domains. Personally, I think that's a HUGE issue that is going to destroy American dominance in basketball. When we were kids, on Saturday, you'd turn on the tube, with plain over-the-air coverage, and everything was sports. You'd watch a game, get fired up, and then run outside trying to do what you just saw on TV. You'd be giving yourself your own 3-2-1 countdowns on the basketball court before firing off a shot that was miles outside your range.

Today? Nope. If your mom and dad don't have a cable or satellite package, then you aren't watching the NBA or MLB. There are some college sports. Golf is strong. But which sports get the best free coverage on any run-of-the-mill weekend? Soccer! Plus all the other less profitable sports in the USA that haven't been bought up and monopolized by the likes of ESPN and other broadcast contracts dominated by powerhouse corporations like DirecTV or Dish Network.

The NFL is the least affected of the major sports because it's so big they haven't been able to pull that off. The American people won't allow it. Sundays is football. It's our religion. You may not be able to watch everything without a NFL Pass, but everybody everywhere has at least 4 games they can watch for free on Sundays starring the teams that are local/popular in their area, and then the Sunday Night game. Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football bring that figure up to a total of 7 games a week broadcast freely no matter where you are. National network coverage. Often you can pick up another 1-2 games on free over-the-air regional channels near you.

No, Colin did this, and thankfully there is justice, and he is suffering for it. That's why he's not getting a job. It's got nothing to do with his inability to hold a starting job somewhere. He's a starting QB caliber player: middling, but a starting QB, nonetheless. This isn't about his capability. This is Star Wars Episode NFL: Revenge of the Owners.

Colin should have told his girlfriend to shut the fuck up while she played with his toys and lived in his splendorous apartment. Michael Corleone understood how to close the door. Let's see how much she likes the struggle when it becomes more real.

Last edited:
Me believing his premise has nothing to do with the author. The NFL product was down, way down. Read the NFL thread, all year *** I 100% agreed the product was down** Just pick a random midseason thread and it is littered with posts about how bad of a week/year it is for the NFL.

It all goes back to my lead point - If people are going to stop watching because Colin knelt but they were perfectly content watching when; Ray Rice was on film Tyson'ing his wife, guys are involved in murder cases, idiots are crashing into other cars drunk next to a flipping school at 8am - then lol at them. Tragic.

I won't be upset when he is unemployed. I don't wish it on him, but he made his choice. You can respect what he did, even if you "disagree with how he did it" .

Fucking lol at Kaep being the reason for the NFL declining.

Oversaturation of a shit product is far and above the main issue.

And you wanted to believe the link, so you did? Yes, I linked that specifically to present the strongest argument that doesn't attribute everything to Colin, but I prefaced that by reminding you to read the article skeptically. It was intended to challenge your ability to think critically for yourself.

After all, separately, the head trauma issue has become a major thorn in this sport, especially at the youth level. Have you gone out and looked at Pop Warner participation in small towns? It's cratered. Nevertheless, that, itself, isn't just about a mediocre Will Smith movie that sensationalizes the problem. Kids don't go outside anymore.

So it's impossible to listen to someone attribute a decline of NFL viewership to concussion, because we've been talking about that shit for nearly a decade now, in the mainstream, and the NFL's viewership and revenues only continued to rise. It's not a persuasive argument. It's also not cogent to point to Thursday Night football when that debuted back in 2006. Games in London started in 2007. So it took 10 years for them to finally see a dip in TV ratings?

C'mon, @NewbZor, don't be a pawn. Don't be an imbecile preyed upon by the narratives and interests of the regressive leftists.

That author is a whore for his own confirmation bias who doesn't want to admit the impact that Colin had on the bottom line; an impact, I will remind you, that Donald Sterling never inflicted upon his Los Angeles Clippers, that saw record gate revenues and viewership throughout that season and postseason, but who was deprived of his right to own his own damn business nonetheless...because he is white. What a crime.

Take, for instance, the author's argument about commercials dragging down the product offered without a speck of objective evidence to buttress the claim. He couldn't throw out some figures? How much has advertisement time increased relative to game time in the past decade? What's the time-percentage split?

Then he segues into a complaint that really isn't specific to the NFL, and if anything, is affecting the NFL the least; about the shift of sports coverage to the cable & satellite domains. Personally, I think that's a HUGE issue that is going to destroy American dominance in basketball. When we were kids, on Saturday, you'd turn on the tube, with plain over-the-air coverage, and everything was sports. You'd watch a game, get fired up, and then run outside trying to do what you just saw on TV. You'd be giving yourself your own 3-2-1 countdowns on the basketball court before firing off a shot that was miles outside your range.

Today? Nope. If your mom and dad don't have a cable or satellite package, then you aren't watching the NBA or MLB. There are some college sports. Golf is strong. But which sports get the best free coverage on any run-of-the-mill weekend? Soccer! Plus all the other less profitable sports in the USA that haven't been bought up and monopolized by the likes of ESPN and other broadcast contracts dominated by powerhouse corporations like DirecTV or Dish Network.

The NFL is the least affected of the major sports because it's so big they haven't been able to pull that off. The American people won't allow it. Sundays is football. It's our religion. You may not be able to watch everything without a NFL Pass, but everybody everywhere has at least 4 games they can watch for free on Sundays starring the teams that are local/popular in their area, and then the Sunday Night game. Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football bring that figure up to a total of 7 games a week broadcast freely no matter where you are. National network coverage. Often you can pick up another 1-2 games on free over-the-air regional channels near you.

No, Colin did this, and thankfully there is justice, and he is suffering for it. That's why he's not getting a job. It's got nothing to do with his inability to hold a starting job somewhere. He's a starting QB caliber player: middling, but a starting QB, nonetheless. This isn't about his capability. This is Star Wars Episode NFL: Revenge of the Owners.

Colin should have told his girlfriend to shut the fuck up while she played with his toys and lived in his splendorous apartment. Michael Corleone understood how to close the door. Let's see how much she likes the struggle when it becomes more real.

Damn. Well said

Fucking lol at Kaep being the reason for the NFL declining.

Oversaturation of a shit product is far and above the main issue.

Actually there were a lot of people that gave up the NFL this year because of Colin. I agree, he wasn't the reason but he was a reason. Don't be so naive cuz.

Billions.

<{walkerwhut}>

Actually there were a lot of people that gave up the NFL this year because of Colin. I agree, he wasn't the reason but he was a reason. Don't be so naive cuz.
Have some stats to back that up?

The NFL lineup sucked this year for at least the first half of the season. There were no good primetime games for a long stretch. Personally, I didn't give two shits about Colon, but I only watched the Ravens after a couple weeks because the league was shit. I'm sure he had an impact too, but the league is also trying to scapegoat him.

Lol. Is @RichardSwingslo still trying to convince people he's a Seahawks fan?

0c6eca2805039ba2e9513ed78ae01a38.jpg

Have some stats to back that up?

There's quite a few sources with a simple Google Search. Here's a few:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spor...test-reaction-effect/95jdoch1ngj103xvbkllcbvk

And

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fans-w...ite-protests-as-primary-reason-172059483.html

And

https://www.google.com/amp/boston.c...olin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests/amp/

There's a lot more where those came from.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch you try to spin this.

@Madmick is right. Kaeperdink played a roll in the NFL ratings decline. Like it or not.

There's quite a few sources with a simple Google Search. Here's a few:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spor...test-reaction-effect/95jdoch1ngj103xvbkllcbvk

And

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fans-w...ite-protests-as-primary-reason-172059483.html

And

https://www.google.com/amp/boston.c...olin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests/amp/

There's a lot more where those came from.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch you try to spin this.

@Madmick is right. Kaeperdink played a roll in the NFL ratings decline. Like it or not.
The decline continued well after Kaep became irrelevant though. Ratings were down across the board the entire season. Notice how nothing you posted was after more than a few weeks into the season. Nothing but laughable, reactionary bullshit from dumbasses screaming, "Muh cuntry!"

And maybe he did play a small role in the decline. But that wasn't the assertion. The assertion was that he was the main reason and that he alone cost the NFL billions.

That's about as dumb as you can get. Not a shocker that you of all people are supporting it lol.

I stopped watching plenty of games because they were fucking terrible. And so did millions of other Americans. And it will continue until the NFL can put a more competitive product out on the field.

The decline continued well after Kaep became irrelevant though. Ratings were down across the board the entire season. Notice how nothing you posted was after more than a few weeks into the season. Nothing but laughable, reactionary bullshit from dumbasses screaming, "Muh cuntry!"

And maybe he did play a small role in the decline. But that wasn't the assertion. The assertion was that he was the main reason and that he alone cost the NFL billions.

That's about as dumb as you can get. Not a shocker that you of all people are supporting it lol.

I stopped watching plenty of games because they were fucking terrible. And so did millions of other Americans. And it will continue until the NFL can put a more competitive product out on the field.

Lol. I love how you're trying so hard not to admit Kaepernick had a part in this year's viewer decline. You complain about the sources I posted only mention the first few weeks of the season. Kaepernick started to protest in the first preseason game. No shit the first few weeks of the regular season were going to be the most affected by it. I have no idea what you're point is. But as expected, you're trying to spin this because you're argument is weak.

And I love how you're arguing that Kap has nothing to do with the ratings decline then in your same post you mention that he might have played a part. I feel like your whole purpose in this thread is just to get owned by me.

Just admit that Kaeperdink played a roll in the NFL ratings plummeting and we can move on. I'm not going to waste anymore time on you because you're just being dishonest. Don't waste my fucking time again.

Lol. I love how you're trying so hard not to admit Kaepernick had a part in this year's viewer decline. You complain about the sources I posted only mention the first few weeks of the season. Kaepernick started to protest in the first preseason game. No shit the first few weeks of the regular season were going to be the most affected by it. I have no idea what you're point is. But as expected, you're trying to spin this so no surprise.

And I love how you're arguing that Kap has nothing to do with the ratings decline then in your same post you mention that he might have played a part. I feel like your whole purpose in this thread is just to get owned by me.

Just admit that Kaeperdink played a roll in the NFL ratings plummeting and we can move on. I'm not going to waste anymore time on you because you're just being dishonest. Don't waste my fucking time again.
I literally just said "maybe he did," dipshit.

Nope, you're dumb as shit, dude.
We all know reading isn't one of his or his peoples attributes. We all know books have a liberal bias.

And "dumb as shit"? Dizzy, that's disrespectful to actual pieces of shit

Back