Kamaru Usman Blasts 'Duck' Colby Covington: 'People Really Want Me to Beat this Guy Up

Covington would out wrestle him, Usman has all of a sudden become more overrated just because he knocked out a bjj guy.. impressive. Covington just beat Maia.. who has Usman beat?

Usman gets 1 finish and now he thinks he deserves much higher raked fighters. Dude is painful to watch. So basic and predictable.
That's what I say...Usman has one finish among a lot of boring fights and all of a sudden he's a contender? That said, I can't stand either but would rather Covington get shut down.

Covington would out wrestle him, Usman has all of a sudden become more overrated just because he knocked out a bjj guy.. impressive. Covington just beat Maia.. who has Usman beat?
You're right, Usman has no name wins. But, you can only beat fighters who agree to fight you. Usman has been begging for top 10 fighters but no one will sign on the dotted line. He just wants what Colby was just given, a ranked fighter to beat. The one knock on Usman is part of me can't blame guys for not wanting to fight a fighter with his style. Nobody wants to get beat up on the ground for 3 or 5 rounds to a decision.

You're dead wrong if you think that UFC is chomping at the bit to give the Colby that showed up against Maia a title shot. Assuming it's still Woodley who's champ, that would be boring as fuck and not even main event material. As much as Dana rips Tyron for his style, I think not. Colby is just as 1 dimensional as Maia is. The UFC opened the door for this making this matchup by gifting Colby this fight. Now he leapfrogs a bunch of guys that would beat the shit out of him so he can play the "oh that's a step backwards for me," card. What I CAN say with a serious face about Usman is that he would flat out expose Colby. He's the new Conor. He gets to cut in line with the road paved in gold to a title shot.

I'm Not saying Colby is next in line. I'm not saying Colby destroys anyone. What I'm saying is that usman is one top ten win away from remotely and reasonably being matched against Colby.

Usman is the new Conor??! Four decision wins against nobodies and a finish against a nobody in the UFC is equal to Conor's repeated early rd ko's over top ten/ top 3 opponents?
The fuck are you smoking?

He has only smashed one guy in the UFC, one guy. Watch his fights with Alves, Edwards and Yakovlev, he did nothing buy lay on top of them while doing minimal.
Did you watch the Alves fight lol ? He fucking smashed him everywhere lol. You clearly never seen that fight lol. He did minimal in that fight ? You're ether on some heavy drugs or never seen that fight. Usman gave Alves one of the most brutal beatings i seen in my life lol. The same Alves who choked out Colby lol. Kamara literally landed one takedown in 3 rounds lol. How did he lay on him the whole fight lol ? The fight was 98% on the feet lol.

Last edited:
Colby had a name win. Usman does not. A lot of bouts are intriguing but make no sense. Therefore they should not be made. Masvidal vs Maia was intriguing but it made no sense and wasted everyone's time. Based on record and current events, Colby is one win away from a title challenge. Can you say w a serious face that usman is? Didn't think so.
Usman beat the guy that choked out Colby lol.

You just keep regurgitating the same made up stuff again and again. When did I call Colby "fun"? Colby is boring just like Usman.
Thats makes no sense lol. So your calling Usman boring even though you think Colby is boring lol ? Your just trying to back track lol. Just admit you're back tracking lol. You sound very foolish.

Last edited:
Leo Edwards 4 fight win streak in the UFC right now. Alves who choked out Colby lol. Sean Strickland who was on a 3 fight win streak in the UFC. Sergio Morales 5 fight win streak in the UFC. Colby beat a gassy Maia flopping on the ground lol. I think Colby is the one being overrated here lol. No way in hell he should be ranked 3 after beating that pathetic Demian Maia he was fighting lol.

Thats makes no sense lol. So your calling Usman boring even though you think Colby is boring lol ? Your just trying to back track lol. Just admit you're back tracking lol. You sound very foolish.
I am not allowed to think 2 guys are boring? What is your issue with comprehension? If i am backtracking than please quote my previous statements i am backtracking from. I will say it again, I AM NOT A FAN OF COLBY OR USMAN!!!!!!!!!! BOTH ARE BORING

Usman should fight a #23 if usman thinks Colby should fight him. Same thing. Only an idiot would jump down 10 spots. Pay-your-dues.

I am not allowed to think 2 guys are boring? What is your issue with comprehension? If i am backtracking than please quote my previous statements i am backtracking from. I will say it again, I AM NOT A FAN OF COLBY OR USMAN!!!!!!!!!! BOTH ARE BORING
Makes no sense that you're justifying one guy not fighting another because hes boring than say oh well hes boring to lol. You brought up the fact that you think Usman boring for not fighting Colby. The moment i brought up that Colby was boring you started back track and call Colby boring as well lol. You're not convincing noone by typing in caps lol. Noone would defend someone this much without being a fan lol.

Makes no sense that you're justifying one guy not fighting another because hes boring than say oh well hes boring to lol. You brought up the fact that you think Usman boring for not fighting Colby. The moment i brought up that Colby was boring you started back track and call Colby boring lol. You're not convincing noone by typing in caps lol. Noone would defend someone this much without being a fan lol.
Lets take this point by point.

1. I never said Colby shouldnt fight him because he is boring, you just made that up. I said Usman was boring and as a separate thought I said he Colby is ranked to high for him.
2. I have always thought both guys were boring
3. I never defended Colby at all, look at my post history and show me i am a fan of Colby, i dont think i ever said a positive thing about the guy.
4. You literally are making things about about what i am saying, its not difficult to read my previous posts in this thread, you have misquoted me like a half dozen times already

Usman beat the guy that choked out Colby lol.

Colby beat the guy who just fought for the title and that destroyed Fitch, condit, Gunnar, magny, laflare, etc. people who other people have heard of.

Usman is one fight away. Be patient. Why are you pushing the usman narrative so hard?

Colby beat the guy who just fought for the title and that destroyed Fitch, condit, Gunnar, magny, laflare, etc. people who other people have heard of.

Usman is one fight away. Be patient. Why are you pushing the usman narrative so hard?
Because he is delusional. He thinks Usman is the greatest action fighter of this decade. Liddell hands mixed with Matt Hughes wrestling and TRT Vitor aggression. We should give Usman title shots at whatever weight class he chooses because he got a finish in his last fight

I'd like to see Usman demolish Till for his top 10 debut. OFC they'll keep the European striker far away from American wrestlers like they always do until they can drill TDD for a few years.

Lets take this point by point.

1. I never said Colby shouldnt fight him because he is boring, you just made that up. I said Usman was boring and as a separate thought I said he Colby is ranked to high for him.
2. I have always thought both guys were boring
3. I never defended Colby at all, look at my post history and show me i am a fan of Colby, i dont think i ever said a positive thing about the guy.
4. You literally are making things about about what i am saying, its not difficult to read my previous posts in this thread, you have misquoted me like a half dozen times already
You never said it but you were implying it lol. Stop back tracking lol.

They could use the Blackzillian/ATT beef to market this

Make it happen, @WilliamMorrisEndeavor

Back