Kamaru Usman is on a quite UFC 8 fight win streak

I still think Woodley has the edge in terms of fight IQ and wrestling over Usman and Colby.

-fDlQoCW_400x400.jpg

Kamaru Usman is on a 12 fight win streak overall and 8 fight UFC win streak. He has beaten some solid opponents as well like Demian Maia, Emik Meek, Cody Covington killer Warley Alves, Sean Strickland, Alexander Yakovlev and Sergio Moraes. His resume is way better than Cody 911 caller Covington.

View attachment 383475
Why are you not counting his TUF wins?

Hope he loses soon. If he beats Georges' win streak with that list of wins, that would be so shitty.

It's a good streak, far better than most of you acknowledge.

He beat Leon Edwards, who is on a 5-fight winstreak since that loss.
He beat Warlley Alves, the guy who beat Colby Covington
also beat Sergio Moraes, who has a win over Neil Magny
One of the better examples of MMA math I've seen in a while.
<mma4>

Emil Meek definitely is a UFC caliber fighter

He KOed Palhares, then beat Jordin Mein while battling a broken rib

How are the careers of those two gentlemen going over many years?

You realized both of them are not UFC caliber fighters as well, right?

He hasn't been truly tested yet. Let's see how he does against a twilight career Robbie Lawler. Then I will start believing.

-fDlQoCW_400x400.jpg

Kamaru Usman is on a 12 fight win streak overall and 8 fight UFC win streak. He has beaten some solid opponents as well like Demian Maia, Emik Meek, Cody Covington killer Warley Alves, Sean Strickland, Alexander Yakovlev and Sergio Moraes. His resume is way better than Cody 911 caller Covington.

View attachment 383475

I’ll wait until he actually fights someone of substance. His biggest win is Maia, and he looks like he should’ve retired years ago.

Usman vs winner of Colby/RDA or Lawler

-fDlQoCW_400x400.jpg

View attachment 383475
At the end of the day, he's not going to get a title shot. He'll probably end up fighting the winner of till vs Thompson or the loser of rda vs Colby.

He is boring but he is also a very good fighter. Honestly see him becoming a gatekeeper like Fitch, I think he loses to guys like Covington Woodley etc. Don't think he'll ever be champ, doesn't really seem to be improving much, looks like the same fighter all the time. He's just a good wrestler with serviceable standup.

Don't think UFC should keep denying him based on being boring though. He should be getting a number 1 contender fight with winner of Till and Wonderboy imo, he's moved past the Ponzinibbio fight at this point.

Why are you not counting his TUF wins?

....because they never do? They aren't considered professional fights, because as pro bouts they aren't allowed to withhold the results the way they do (until the episode broadcasts).

He hasn't been truly tested yet. Let's see how he does against a twilight career Robbie Lawler. Then I will start believing.
That will go the same as maia fight Robbie's too far gone to deal with 30%man I won't be sold on Usman till he bests another up and comer, not retiring vet.

He's a worse version of Kevin Lee. Kevin has better GnP, better kicks, and better punches. Usman's rise is damning statement on the current state of the WW division if anything. There's a reason a LW like RDA is wrecking guys at WW right now.

2-0 in the UFC before Usman beat him but hes not UFC caliber ?

In what alternate reality ?

He was 1-0 in the UFC, and that win was over a guy who last won in the UFC in 2014. Aside from that he's lost to two guys you've never heard of and has a cartoonishly limited skill set.

Back